Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 part distribution map

Sundown
07.28.2019 , 10:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Can you get someone to help you who has done it before and already has HK?
Anybody with a scanning device (you keep it even after you have finished the quest) can help. If you carefully follow search patterns then additional people will definitely shorten the search time dramatically, even though it should only take you longer than 15-20 mins if you are very unlucky even when alone.

Storm-Cutter
07.28.2019 , 11:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarorock View Post
I, have, done, that, SIX TIMES!

I got all the other parts in ONE DAY!

honestly they should just put the part in ONE spot ONLY at this point as NO ONE is looking for them anymore and I am tired of spending six hours looking for ONE part and finding NOTHING!
As for the map, it is my understanding that the parts are distributed randomly within the area. A map would only be useful if someone cracked the algorithm for determining where a part would be given a certain day, date and time.

The quest is supposed to be hard. The reward is ( was) one of the best in the game outside of gear.

It is also an exercise in patience.

Being methodical and grouping up are some minor shortcuts. You can also use markers like the holo-statues and imp/pub banners to mark the end of the scan range, so your searches don't overlap.

GL. keep trying. It'll come eventually.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Jozandra
07.30.2019 , 01:05 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
Being methodical and grouping up are some minor shortcuts.
Truth!

You can also use markers like the holo-statues and imp/pub banners to mark the end of the scan range...[/QUOTE]

I never thought of that. Genius, LOL.

Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
...so your searches don't overlap.
On this I disagree with whole heartedly. For a visual example to demonstrate why, take a quarter or other coin and place it on a piece of paper (square grid type if you have it) then draw circles, to represent the scanner, making several rows (4-5) worth.If you don't overlap, then their will be several meters between circles that don't get scanned, but if you begin each new scan at the outer edge of the last circle you will minimize the chances of missing the part's location.

gottaloveme
09.24.2019 , 07:47 AM | #24
I found the one on Taris. Got a positive for my scan - but don't know what to look for? Is there supposed to be a glowy light like with lore objects or what?

Balameb
09.24.2019 , 08:28 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by gottaloveme View Post
I found the one on Taris. Got a positive for my scan - but don't know what to look for? Is there supposed to be a glowy light like with lore objects or what?
You keep digging (close) until you actually get it and loot it. There will be a large beeam like most loot.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link