Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 part distribution map

JediQuaker
07.25.2019 , 11:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarorock View Post
If this sounds like a rant, that's because it is. And it makes me angry that I can't find the last part I need.
You need to chill.
You were very lucky to find all the rest in only one day.
Different people have had frustrating times with different planets.
If you stated what server you are on, you could probably find many people (including me) who would be willing to help. Due to how long the HK-51 quest thing has been around, it's less likely that you'd find people on Taris doing it. Also, in order to help, a player needs to have the "seismic whatchamacallit" with them, I think.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Dimitir
07.25.2019 , 11:24 AM | #12
i spent 4 whole days and nights at the Dark Temple approach, searching for my last HK piece, .. everytime i left the area for an FP, the piece resetted... finally found it... posted it in /lfg, asked who else needed it, since i was about to dig it out and it only stays found a few minutes... had a raidfull of people responding
so if you find it... and you surely will..., become the hero of the day, by sharing

SteveTheCynic
07.25.2019 , 12:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimitir View Post
.. everytime i left the area for an FP
Do. Not. Do. That.

Not ever. If you're doing this mission, do it, and it alone, for exactly the reason you highlighted.

Note: it doesn't reset by itself, mostly, but...

If someone else finds it while you're off doing something you shouldn't be doing (see first line), it resets.

If the map becomes completely empty, it (probably) resets (probably) (maybe).

Why are you going off to do some random nonsense while you are supposed to be concentrating on finding the piece (see first line)?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

casirabit
07.25.2019 , 12:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Do. Not. Do. That.

Not ever. If you're doing this mission, do it, and it alone, for exactly the reason you highlighted.

If someone else finds it while you're off doing something you shouldn't be doing (see first line), it resets.

Why are you going off to do some random nonsense while you are supposed to be concentrating on finding the piece (see first line)?
Maybe to take a break. I remember when I did this mission. I would search for a set amount of time and when I got frustrated I would take a break and do something else. Yes it probably takes longer but getting frustrated/angry doesn't help either so if you get to that point I advise doing something else and calming down.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Jozandra
07.25.2019 , 11:37 PM | #15
Establish a grid pattern. With Sprint *ON*, advance seven foot-fall sounds (turn the audio up so you can hear them, obviously) each time along a straight line and scan each time you stop. At the edge of the areas, turn right or left (alternate!) and advance seven foot-falls to the next line over, turn again and proceed back along the new line.
Now this is great advice. Much more precise than my method of trying to pinpoint where the green line appeared last time I used the seismic scanner. It might seem like you are overlapping too much, but in my experience of doing this for a dozen characters, it prevented me from ever backtracking.

Also, try to pay attention to Chat as well as the area around you to see if anyone is in the same area looking. Most are willing to group with you for this endeavor.

If you find it, be polite and announce its location in /general chat *immediately* to help other people who might be searching. If someone else makes such an announcement, *immediately* go to where they announced because it will be available *there* to everyone for only one minute, then it will jump to a new hidden location which *might* be in the area you've already searched..
Excellent advice! The only thing different I'd suggest is to begin making general announcements when you first get an alert telling you you are close to allow more time for people to get to your location.

Do. Not. Do. That.
Funny man, LOL.
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Maybe to take a break. I remember when I did this mission. I would search for a set amount of time and when I got frustrated I would take a break and do something else. Yes it probably takes longer but getting frustrated/angry doesn't help either so if you get to that point I advise doing something else and calming down.
Yes, you should take breaks whenever frustration sets in. Just be aware that you will probably end up having to go back over the areas you had already been over for the very reason Steve mentions.

Tight grid pattern, polite communication in general chat, no stone unturned level of focus, plus a lot of patience, and you will eventually find every part you are looking for. This is one task where trying to cover more ground in less time will result in spending twice/thrice/four more times longer than you would have.

Best of luck.

SteveTheCynic
07.26.2019 , 12:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Fair point. I should have added, "If you want to take a break, do it between planets," or even, "Do take breaks, but between planets." (I'm not asking anyone to do something I didn't do, by the way. The advice on page 1 about seven footfalls was worked out precisely because I got locked in on finding these parts and wanted to find the most effective consistent measure of progress.)

But signing up for Group Finder while doing this task is a recipe for failing *hard* at it.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Jozandra
07.26.2019 , 03:14 PM | #17
Fair point. I should have added, "If you want to take a break, do it between planets," or even, "Do take breaks, but between planets." (I'm not asking anyone to do something I didn't do, by the way. The advice on page 1 about seven footfalls was worked out precisely because I got locked in on finding these parts and wanted to find the most effective consistent measure of progress.)

But signing up for Group Finder while doing this task is a recipe for failing *hard* at it.
I may be amused by the way you make your points, but I totally am on board with your advice. Even though the audio method wouldn't work for me (volume issues, paper walls), I have literally found the part within one meter of my character was standing which was where the last scan's range had ended. After having grouped with other individuals that would dart around sporadically leaving gaps, I do believe your "seven footfalls" is spot on.

TrixxieTriss
07.26.2019 , 06:52 PM | #18
Unless your characters aren't high enough level to survive in the various places, you don't *need* help. (You need one at least level 50 to even get the missions, and one on the opposite faction that's high enough level to survive in front of the Dark Temple on DK or in the ruins of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.)

Establish a grid pattern. With Sprint *ON*, advance seven foot-fall sounds (turn the audio up so you can hear them, obviously) each time along a straight line and scan each time you stop. At the edge of the areas, turn right or left (alternate!) and advance seven foot-falls to the next line over, turn again and proceed back along the new line.

If you find it, be polite and announce its location in /general chat *immediately* to help other people who might be searching. If someone else makes such an announcement, *immediately* go to where they announced because it will be available *there* to everyone for only one minute, then it will jump to a new hidden location which *might* be in the area you've already searched.

And that's all the help you need.
That’s good advice, thanks. I’ve recently started doing quest chain again because I don’t have HK opened on this account and the sad state of pvp has turned me off playing it, (you know there is a pvp skill problem when you get more challenge killing pve mobs than actual players).

GelstonJ
07.28.2019 , 09:26 PM | #19
I did this entire quest in a day. Lucky I'm guess. Taris did take me the longest, but I got a guildie to come help and we managed to locate it within about 30 minutes.
Puppymonkeybaby - Click this thing to give me stuff.
I guess you get stuff too.

TrixxieTriss
07.28.2019 , 09:43 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by GelstonJ View Post
I did this entire quest in a day. Lucky I'm guess. Taris did take me the longest, but I got a guildie to come help and we managed to locate it within about 30 minutes.
Can you get someone to help you who has done it before and already has HK?