Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the fastest chapter to complete that still provides CXP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is the fastest chapter to complete that still provides CXP?

grania
02.01.2017 , 05:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tummiswtor View Post
First it was "damn 1 month waiting for 20-30 minutes chapter"

Now ,, I want short chapter to grind CXP"
Hehe yes I thought that was funny too

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

HelinCarnate
02.01.2017 , 05:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychopyro View Post
If you can speed run ES or BT, you'll get more per hour than chapters... at least for now...
Depends on the chapter. Ran chapter 1 in Veteran mode (haven't been able to constantly beat master yet) and average right around 5k per hour. Each run of ES takes longer but nets around the same reward so end up with only around 3500 per hour.

Edit, now managed to master chapter 2 on master mode with Shadow tank and get around 6k per hour. Can actually do the same with my Commando.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

SebastiaanZ
02.01.2017 , 06:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Depends on the chapter. Ran chapter 1 in Veteran mode (haven't been able to constantly beat master yet) and average right around 5k per hour. Each run of ES takes longer but nets around the same reward so end up with only around 3500 per hour.
Until Esseles has its bonus boss requirement removed (the one requiring two players), Esseles is not beneficial at all. Black Talon can be done in 10-15 minutes, shorter if you do a stealth class, netting around 1k CXP each run, more with GC bonus. Four runs an hour means at least a level.

Also Esseles takes way longer then Black Talon.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

jozinkopucik
02.01.2017 , 06:19 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Until Esseles has its bonus boss requirement removed (the one requiring two players), Esseles is not beneficial at all. Black Talon can be done in 10-15 minutes, shorter if you do a stealth class, netting around 1k CXP each run, more with GC bonus. Four runs an hour means at least a level.

Also Esseles takes way longer then Black Talon.
Well MM Chapter 1 is 1350 cxp in 7 min, which means over 10k cxp an hour, but it is limited to a stealth class.

NwahsNirom
02.09.2017 , 07:00 PM | #15
In case anyone is curious, I did some math on Chapter 1. I saw today the 20% bonus was applied to Chapters so I decided to do some math to decide, should I do Chapter 1 on Story, Veteran, or Master? I did them all.

Some notes: I'm a Jedi Guardian main, with 230/240 tank gear, 6piece set bonus. So that's what I did Master mode on. It took me 15 minutes, but I'm sure I could shave a few minutes off. I think I even died at one point and I attacked some mob groups I could have skipped. So I plan to try again. Anyway, this was without a CXP boost applied to my character, but all 5 Legacy CXP boosts purchased, and obviously the 5.1 major CXP serverwide bonuses we have, and the daily 20%.

Chapter 1, Guardian, tank spec, Master mode: 15 minutes, 3950pts, for 263.33CXP/minute. Without the 20% daily boost, that would be 219.33CXP/min.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Veteran mode: 10 minutes, 2565pts, 256CXP/minute.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Story mode: 6 minutes, 1520pts, 253.33CXP/minute.

Pretty amazing how close all those values are. It seems Story mode is the quickest and (obviously easiest) with still great value for your time. Master could get you more points (my 15 minutes could be cut down which means you could probably get over 270/280CXP/minute) for your time, but there's more risk as the fights are a bit of a challenge (you have to pay attention to what your'e doing).

I'm interested in doing this math for other game activities and other Chapters.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread
Former Guild Leader. Pax Republica was founded on August 28, 2009 and has been together ever since without interruption. Find us on Discord!

HelinCarnate
02.09.2017 , 07:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NwahsNirom View Post
In case anyone is curious, I did some math on Chapter 1. I saw today the 20% bonus was applied to Chapters so I decided to do some math to decide, should I do Chapter 1 on Story, Veteran, or Master? I did them all.

Some notes: I'm a Jedi Guardian main, with 230/240 tank gear, 6piece set bonus. So that's what I did Master mode on. It took me 15 minutes, but I'm sure I could shave a few minutes off. I think I even died at one point and I attacked some mob groups I could have skipped. So I plan to try again. Anyway, this was without a CXP boost applied to my character, but all 5 Legacy CXP boosts purchased, and obviously the 5.1 major CXP serverwide bonuses we have, and the daily 20%.

Chapter 1, Guardian, tank spec, Master mode: 15 minutes, 3950pts, for 263.33CXP/minute. Without the 20% daily boost, that would be 219.33CXP/min.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Veteran mode: 10 minutes, 2565pts, 256CXP/minute.

Chapter 1, Guardian, Vigilance spec, Story mode: 6 minutes, 1520pts, 253.33CXP/minute.

Pretty amazing how close all those values are. It seems Story mode is the quickest and (obviously easiest) with still great value for your time. Master could get you more points (my 15 minutes could be cut down which means you could probably get over 270/280CXP/minute) for your time, but there's more risk as the fights are a bit of a challenge (you have to pay attention to what your'e doing).

I'm interested in doing this math for other game activities and other Chapters.

A good idea and I think Ill try this out. Will time the same character on the same chapters with the same gear on all 3 modes on chapter 1 and 2. Will time from the time I accept the first mission and run it 3 times on each difficulty level and chapter. Timer will stop when I accept the last mission reward and will base the numbers assuming no additional bonuses.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

NwahsNirom
02.09.2017 , 07:39 PM | #17
Chapter 2 of KotFE is a bit faster, and you get more CXP for the final boss in there.

My stats were a 5 minute completion, with +72cxp for the mob at the end (lol) and the 1520 for the chapter.

1592 in 5 minutes comes out to 318.4 CXP/minute with the daily bonus of +20%. Or, 265.33/min without daily bonus. Chapter 1 on story was 213.8pts per minute without bonus.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread
Former Guild Leader. Pax Republica was founded on August 28, 2009 and has been together ever since without interruption. Find us on Discord!

NwahsNirom
02.09.2017 , 07:40 PM | #18
Note that all this is kind of just looking at the clock, by the minute, not using a stop-watch for an exact second-by-second comparison. I may go to that length at some point if there's enough demand to test it.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread

mike_carton
02.09.2017 , 08:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by NwahsNirom View Post
Note that all this is kind of just looking at the clock, by the minute, not using a stop-watch for an exact second-by-second comparison. I may go to that length at some point if there's enough demand to test it.
Fractured? Story, Veteran and Master.

MeNaCe-NZ
02.09.2017 , 09:09 PM | #20
All this thread reminds me of is the crazy lengths people will go to just to get gear they most probably will never need to use.

All the while many complaining how bad GC/CXP is yet feeding the metrics that tell BWA "people are doing GC".

Things are in a very sorry state where you have to basically speed run a chapter taking no time for the enjoyment of the content just to quickly get your points and then rinse and repeat and then "damn, disintegrate" rinse and repeat until eventually you have the full 242 gear you needed which probably won't make a lick of different to many players play styles.

*shrug* I just don't get it.