Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customizable voices

Deshiel
09.25.2019 , 03:33 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
When a narrator does an audio book, they often take great pains to ensure that their voice is conveying the correct tone of the book, as well as correctly identifying a character. My family and I are listening to Jim Dale narrate the Harry Potter audiobooks. He apparently asked for playbacks of previous books just to make sure he was doing the voice correctly each new novel. Itís one thing to read lines but I imagine voice actors put a lot of thought and effort into their performance. When I heard those samples, it was almost as if a different person was speaking in my minds eye.

Iím just saying that I could imagine someone wanting to have a say over that. Imagine if RDJ heard something like the samples presented when he heard himself inside the Iron Man suit?
Many variables man, I don't know where to start. Some voice actors just can't have that say, some don't want to or they don't care and some are contractualy disabled from doing so and they have to abide by the decision if they've signed the contract. The voice acting world is actualy highly competitive. If one actor refuses to be open to modulation, then the next one will be and he gets the part. Voice actors in general are not very picky because there are always 10 more behind them, ready to do thier part and funnily enought, even in the same voice.
My dream is to collect as many cartel market items as possible to be able to make cosplay with them.
If you'd like to support my efforts please use my referal
http://www.swtor.com/r/ZD74h5