Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Very new to the game, even newer to the forums

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Very new to the game, even newer to the forums

MattiousAntilles
09.24.2019 , 04:42 AM | #1
I don't know if this allowed or not but I saved, wanted to post my first ever 8man operation I was walked((CARRIED) through. I haven't played an mmo in a few years now and completely forgot how much more effort and attention you have to put in on the ops in comparison to the story mode.
I know pretty much everything I did was wrong but intend on properly learning everything.

https://youtu.be/rBh0fsj3aaQ

xordevoreaux
09.24.2019 , 04:50 AM | #2
Welcome to the forums.

As long posts don't include your referral link in the body of your message (put it in the footer), your language stays clean, and links to game activity (as you have) reveal characters but you have done so not intending to flame anybody, you'll be fine.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

MattiousAntilles
09.24.2019 , 04:55 AM | #3
Awesome thank you very much! Looking forward to consuming all the swtor content

Lhancelot
09.24.2019 , 09:23 AM | #4
Welcome to the game and even more importantly the forums.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

phalczen
09.24.2019 , 01:43 PM | #5
I have found the vast majority of people in the game are happy to teach a new player how to do operations. Obviously itís easier over voice chat, or in a guild group, but Iíve coached a pug through DP over text chat, so it can be done. Itís not truly being carried if you are honest up front with the group and show a willingness to learn.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

MattiousAntilles
09.24.2019 , 02:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Itís not truly being carried if you are honest up front with the group and show a willingness to learn.
The group I was playing were a lot of fun and were happy to help me through it, understanding of my mistakes and bad plays. Best way to learn is while your actually enjoying yourself right

Lhancelot
09.24.2019 , 04:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MattiousAntilles View Post
The group I was playing were a lot of fun and were happy to help me through it, understanding of my mistakes and bad plays. Best way to learn is while your actually enjoying yourself right
Best thing to do is befriend a healing sorc/sage and group with them.

Make them your personal pocket healer by lavishing them with compliments and ingame gifts. This will endear any healer to you, and they will do everything they can to keep you alive in PVP!

This alone will dramatically improve your chances of putting up at least respectable numbers and you will avoid a lot of the toxic chatter some manchildren will drop on you if your numbers seem a bit low or you make a boneheaded play.

ProTip#1

Anytime you put up low numbers and want a good excuse, just say you are "playing objectively."
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

denavin
09.24.2019 , 04:50 PM | #8
Welcome to SWToR I hope you enjoy your time here in the game. I find it to be lots of fun. I really like the cinematic style of play.

Grouping can be problematic at times. Get used to the people yelling "SPACE BAR" in chat ( because they want you to skip the cut scenes) and get ready to be kicked if you don't. You should watch them, there is content to the story line you will want to see. Not all groups will be like this but there are too many to ignore.

Warning about the Forums. It can be a very toxic and unfriendly place. Take what you read here with a grain of salt and make sure you understand the rules (take it from one that has been hit by the hammer a few times) and watch what you say.

All in all I think you will enjoy your time here and just ignore the Flame posts and the complainers and play the WHOLE game. Then make your own decision whether or not you liked it.

Also you need to move your "Referral Link" to your Signature. Forum rules does not allow it in the body of your post.

Have fun and
May the Force Be With You.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."