Start ossus without KOTFE & KOTET

lordraznar

If you start Ossus without doing Fallen Empire, et al, the game will simply make default choices based on your faction and you’ll get all the comps gained from Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne and lose your main story ones until you’d either...

A) get them back in the story (T7, Kalyio, Jorgan, etc)

B) do the alliance alert for them (the only ones still missing are Kira and Scourge for the Knight and Tharan and Zenith for the Consular.

C) use the terminal in the Odessan base to get them back (note that these are the originals whose mouths still move when they speak and make comments when you enter certain vanilla areas).

Generally speaking, if you’re a Pub PC it will use the Lightside choices when they come up (stopping the reactor explosion in chapter three, not letting Kalyio’s bombs go off in chapter 10... so you still have Koth as a companion... you’ll also save Vette over Torian) and the Imp PCs will default to darkside choices (let the reactor explode, generally use the kill option so you’ll not have Koth, Senya or Arcann... and unless you’re a Sith Warrior you’ll save Torian over Vette).

In other words it depends a LOT on your class.

I appreciate the reply! I am a marauder class, so I will still get jaesa back without doing anything pretty much yeah? I think I can live with vette getting axed she's a good companion though haha honestly is there anything else in the marauder class to be aware of? Edited by lordraznar

I appreciate the reply! I am a marauder class, so I will still get jaesa back without doing anything pretty much yeah? I think I can live with vette getting axed she's a good companion though haha honestly is there anything else in the marauder class to be aware of?

If you're a marauder (aka Sith Warrior) you will get Vette back. All other Imperial classes default to Torian. You will get Jaesa as an alert after the Ossus story is complete.

The only companion you'll "lose out on," is Arcann on Imp Side if you skip to ossus. He cannot currently be reclaimed at odessen; otherwise all other companions can be reclaimed at odessen. If you go pub side, you get all the companions. there are a small handful waiting to be returned via storyline as others have mentioned.

Oh so they patched the problem I read about where people couldn't get her again because they skipped to ossus without completing find a findsman quest

Yeah. I recently rolled new marauder and skipped to Ossus. Recieved my Jaesa back just fine right after completing Ossus storyline.

There were some issues with getting LS Jaesa back at the release of Ossus, but they indeed fixed that pretty quickly.

The only companion you'll "lose out on," is Arcann on Imp Side if you skip to ossus. He cannot currently be reclaimed at odessen; otherwise all other companions can be reclaimed at odessen. If you go pub side, you get all the companions. there are a small handful waiting to be returned via storyline as others have mentioned.

I cannot get Malavi from the terminal where it says I lost him as part of the auto-decision making on my pub toon. I'd have to run through manually on a pub toon, choose Imp over pub, to get him.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'd like to ask something related to this as well.

If i get Ossus when available, do companion dialogues update fully on the legacy tab? You know the ones you do on the ship, im asking because im missing only the trooper ones and don't wanna do the storyline again(i had a trooper but deleted it without completing the comp quests).

If i get Ossus when available, do companion dialogues update fully on the legacy tab? You know the ones you do on the ship, im asking because im missing only the trooper ones and don't wanna do the storyline again(i had a trooper but deleted it without completing the comp quests).

Those get skipped if you do Kotfe/kotet, so I'd imagine you'd skip those if you skipped to Ossus as well if you hadn't completed them before hand.

I'd think this because once you do Kotfe/kotet and later no companions are on your ship anymore.

They count (for the global completion achievements) as abandoned, never finished, etc., in much the same way as you don't get the class-mission titles for finishing chapters (Captain, Major for troopers; Darth for Sith, etc.) of the class story if you skip past them in any way.