Lost Island, sorry it does need an adjustment

Esh'ara

Sail

Cinder

Maebh

Is the group set up, all of the above in Rakata/BH gear, Esh was in full Col/Rakata and a few pieces of BH

Now before all the random troll QQ you guys just suck. We can clear raid content with no wipes at all.

The mechanics of the fight need to be adjusted. When our group can spend 4 hours and only pass to the second boss. Someone said it best, "Content should not be put out for the few". Thats what your hardmode operations are for.

The mechanics on the first boss alone, there is just to much going on at once, the fields are to large and randomized even when you have your ranged following each other. And for one is HIGHLY melee DPS unfriendly. Trying to kite the boss through melee dropped zones and oh ya, he stops in the middle of one to incinerate, pray that someones ranged interupt isnt on CD. There is far to much going on in that fight and needs to be toned down.

The second boss, dont even get me started, the platform activation times are far to long for a rapid shot elemental damage poison and dot. The timer on that needs to be damn near halfed and the elemental damaged curtailed as well.

If you want to play elite only plz la, then go make your own game, not a game where the majority can not complete it and we pay the same monthly as you.

Oh and btw one of our players has one hand. So we are handy capped as is and still can clear out hardmode EV in half the time it takes for one attempt at this horried designed instance.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is... for the first boss, your strategy is wrong. Try a new one. In fact, it's even easier if you have all melee dps and only a ranged healer. The Spheres last just long enough that when the fourth one casts, the first one goes away. Surely, with the design of the room, you can find four good places to put spheres without EVER moving the boss or your melee?

For the second boss... You can do this guy in full columi gear with a full melee group, it's so easy. You just need the right strategy.

Look, I'm not saying QQ learn to play... I'm saying QQ learn to make better strategies. You can't just throw bodies at these bosses and expect to win.

All I can say is... for the first boss, your strategy is wrong. Try a new one. In fact, it's even easier if you have all melee dps and only a ranged healer. The Spheres last just long enough that when the fourth one casts, the first one goes away. Surely, with the design of the room, you can find four good places to put spheres without EVER moving the boss or your melee?

Not sure I follow your reasoning here. The plasma coils can land on anyone who's not at the top of the threat table; odds are one will land on a melee DPS at some point and movement will be required.

Not saying it's hard, because obviously it isn't, but some movement is going to be required if you bring melee DPS (unless you get exceptionally lucky).

Not sure I follow your reasoning here. The plasma coils can land on anyone who's not at the top of the threat table; odds are one will land on a melee DPS at some point and movement will be required.

Not saying it's hard, because obviously it isn't, but some movement is going to be required if you bring melee DPS (unless you get exceptionally lucky).

I shouldn't have said ever, and I should have implied predictability. Let me use a little map to explain.

A............................................D

X.............................................Y

B.............................................C

Tank at spots X and Y, raid stand at A, B, C, then D, then back to A. Moving bosses between X and Y every other sphere. Boss has big enough hitpoints, melee don't have to make any movement decisions. Just follow strat. Or if you want to simplify it even more, stack whole entire raid at A, B, C, and then D, and move together.

Edited by xenofire

Sorry I don't think it should be changed. My guild does not raid and therefore does not have any raid gear and we cleared HM LI w/ just Columi geared toons. Granted all of us now have Rakkata chest pieces since we have cleared it many times. I will say our first trek through that zone took us about 6 hours, but after learning the fights and coordinating where to stand it is pretty simple. I will say having all ranged DPS helps but it can be done w/ a melee thrown into the mix (it does make it harder for that one fight alone, but not impossible...we did it). I laugh whenever I see people on the fleet blabbing you need full raid gear to clear it, you don't. Seven Deadly Sith on The Shadowlands server can do it. We all have the Aratech Ice speeder to prove it.

i actually found the 1st boss to be much easier with all melee dps, because then i don't have to worry about the orb getting dropped on a ranged. I can predict about where it's gonna drop, and plan accordingly.

the actual damage in the 1st boss is pretty tame, as long as incinerate is interrupted. speaking as the tank, i can single handedly interrupt all of them without them getting a tick off, so if you have 2 people, it should be a no brainer.

the rest of the damage (from the adds and the fire grate) is laughable, i can easily aoe taunt while tanking and just take the adds out via general aoe.

the 2nd boss, i'm not sure what kind of strat you're using, but as long as the healer stays mid, and everyone else goes to click on one, it really doesn't matter which one he jumps to, he'll still get burned. This is pretty much a healer check. if your healer sucks and can't cope with multiple people taking damage, you won't pass this, but it's not a "hard" encounter.

Esh'ara

Sail

Cinder

Maebh

Is the group set up, all of the above in Rakata/BH gear, Esh was in full Col/Rakata and a few pieces of BH

Now before all the random troll QQ you guys just suck. We can clear raid content with no wipes at all.

The mechanics of the fight need to be adjusted. When our group can spend 4 hours and only pass to the second boss. Someone said it best, "Content should not be put out for the few". Thats what your hardmode operations are for.

The mechanics on the first boss alone, there is just to much going on at once, the fields are to large and randomized even when you have your ranged following each other. And for one is HIGHLY melee DPS unfriendly. Trying to kite the boss through melee dropped zones and oh ya, he stops in the middle of one to incinerate, pray that someones ranged interupt isnt on CD. There is far to much going on in that fight and needs to be toned down.

The second boss, dont even get me started, the platform activation times are far to long for a rapid shot elemental damage poison and dot. The timer on that needs to be damn near halfed and the elemental damaged curtailed as well.

If you want to play elite only plz la, then go make your own game, not a game where the majority can not complete it and we pay the same monthly as you.

Oh and btw one of our players has one hand. So we are handy capped as is and still can clear out hardmode EV in half the time it takes for one attempt at this horried designed instance.

Did it when it came out in rakata with 2 melee so it's doable. As much as I hate to say it seems like an l2p issue. I shudder to think what your opinion of HM EC would be.

Edited by gamerpaul

For the love of god, stop making these ridiculous threads.

Nothing about this FP needs to be changed. Would it be nice if the loot was a tad better? Sure, everyone would love that. But considering its 'difficulty' the loot is on par.

It takes my group 40 minutes to clear this. We usually do it 2x a week. No wipes. Are we geared? Yes. Same as the OP nearly.

Op heals - BH

Merc dps - BH augmented

Merc dps - Rakata augmented

Jugg tank - BH/Rakata

The instance ISNT DIFFICULT. Your tactics are wrong. Don't try to change the game because you can't learn to play the correct mechanics.

Frankly, after an hour of failing you guys should have seriously re-evaluated tactics ..watch some YouTube videos. Phone a friend. Something.

I pray BW doesn't nerf this like they have everything else to dumb it down for this sad community. It is 'Tier2' for a reason. If you can't figure it out, go back to 'Tier1'.

Edited by djrtykow

Esh'ara

I believe that the difficulty is most definately challenging, especially untill your confident with the mechanics. Unlike the other FP's points you need to treat this one with the mentality of it being a mini raid, in the sense that you may have to come back for a few weeks and work at your progression through this flashpoint. What needs to be changed is not the mechanics of the fights but the rewards that are given, Time invested + Effort = Reward. All bosses should drop Rakata so that for players like yourself it is worth putting in the time & effort to clear this flashpoint rather than calling for a nerf.

Yes this will be a difficult fight until everything falls into place, then you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

The panel activation phase is a test for your healer as this is a healing intensive fight, all I can say is stick with it.

Challenge is a positive thing, why?

1) It forces players to improve their skills

2) It prolongs content

With a mechanics nerf you will receive a nerf to the reward, wouldnt it be smarter to petition BW to increase the rewards and leave it as it is? thereby providing greater incentive to players struggling to complete it?

You're missing the point a little here mate - a lot of people can complete this instance. It is actually in many people's opinion the best designed HM FP in the game, precisely because it requires a solid strategy and good group communication to beat. It is designed to obliterate your group until you work that strategy/communication out and that is what you are experiencing. On most servers it is so familiar now that it is more or less pug-able.

Also your comment about your team mate having one hand is pretty irrelevant. Games are by and large designed for people with two hands - it is impressive no doubt that he can raid with just the one (although I think that says just as much about EV and KP's difficulty level as it does about your mate's dexterity if i'm brutally honest) but of course things will be trickier for him when he attempts the hardest content in the game so far as it is designed for people with 2 hands.

Personally, I find it easier to do the droid boss with melee dps. We just stack up together behind the boss and move him around when the lightning spires drop. Even if someone were to miss an interrupt on incinerate or interrupt too late, the healer can always cleanse the dot off. With range dps, there are times when we hit systems overload shortly before the demise of the droid - probably due to movement.

I play as the healer and go with a tank that I know. The dps roles are generally filled with whoever wants to come along and is available.

For Savrip, as long as your group runs off for all 3 consoles and use them, the boss will get burnt and drop down regardless of where he decides to jump to. No need to wait to see where he is going to before you use the console. The healer can stay in the centre and heal up whoever needs it. I've also had runs where someone gets punted off, or accidentally went too far out going for the console and fell off the platform but we still managed to clear it with 3 people left so it shouldn't be too much of any issue as long as the consoles are activated the moment the boss jumps up onto the pipes.

You have got to be joking. I just did this earlier with myself (a merc) a jugger tank in columni/rakata gear, a marauder in rakata/BM gear and a healer in BM/Recruit gear. Downed every boss in one shot except the 2nd boss because the healer had never done it before and didnt stack in time. Now your really gona sit there and say that your premade in columni/rakata/BH gear could not finish it AND tell me not to tell you to L2P? lol okay then...I wont say it :p

I've cleared LI a number of times between my 2 50's and all I can say, is I agree 100% with the OP here. The amount of stuff going on, on top of high damage is just too insane. Let alone the melee unfriendliness (which BW still refuses to acknowledge) . it's just so sad that content is getting overtuned for a handful of people who are clearly masochists. I for one am kind of tired of content where I miss a single interrupt that could mean a wipe right then and there. Enrage timers are already annoying enough for this type of "Be perfect or **** off" mentality the game seems to be leaning more and more towards.

I needed a great laugh. Thank you.

You're not one shotting HM EC if you can't even clear HM LI. Sorry, but your complaint has no credibility or weight.

Edited by MOUSEKETEERS

If your clearing everything in the game with no problems and there is no challenge, why would you continue to play?

The place really isn't that hard, especially in Rakata gear, once you learn how to do the fights you will be kicking yourself for making this thread.

Also, by the tone of your thread it seems you didn't get to the last boss or try the bonus boss, I suggest watching a video before attempting :)

O and cc / stunlock the healers clearing trash up to the last boss :p

I've cleared LI a number of times between my 2 50's and all I can say, is I agree 100% with the OP here. The amount of stuff going on, on top of high damage is just too insane. Let alone the melee unfriendliness (which BW still refuses to acknowledge) . it's just so sad that content is getting overtuned for a handful of people who are clearly masochists. I for one am kind of tired of content where I miss a single interrupt that could mean a wipe right then and there. Enrage timers are already annoying enough for this type of "Be perfect or **** off" mentality the game seems to be leaning more and more towards.

How is this overtuned? Honestly the only times ive ever had issues were when I tried doing it with a group in tionese/columni gear. We couldnt kill the 2nd boss because we were hitting enrage. Clearly a gear issue. The mechanics are SOOOO simple if you just take 5 minutes to hammer out a strategy based on YOUR group composition.

As someone just stated in an earlier post this is SUPPOSED to be more difficult than the other flashpoints. Its listed as tier 2 for a reason. Dont come on the forums and tell BW that they need to nerf content just because you've had trouble with it. The only reason for complaining about content being too hard would be if something was literally so difficult that only a couple of guilds were able to finish it. Judging by the posts ive seen so far I dont think thats the case :p

As many of the people have said already it sounds like you could work on your strategy for the fights a little bit more as a premade group with the gear you listed should have little trouble clearing the place as long as they are familiar with the encounters.

A few bits of advice regarding the first and second bosses as that seems to be where you were having the most problems.

Outside of incinerate the dmg on the droid is pretty minimal if the group is playing well. As far as composition goes I have dpsed it on my gunslinger and sentinel in groups of 2 melee, 2 ranged and 1 of each and I can say that each set up has its own pros and cons and require a slightly different approach to. The two biggest things I have found on this fight is interrupting incinerate and the boss positioning. It's up to the tank to get the boss into a good position and continue to adjust the boss as needed. Move after an incinerate unless you have a ranged who can cover the interrupt and move ahead of time so you dont risk getting cut off/running through fire etc to move from lightning. ANy sort of voice comms can make this fight a breeze.

Second boss, if your dps is high enough you can skip a few of his 'air' phases. Have your healer stand just off centre so they can heal everyone at consoles but not close enough to centre to get hit by bosses leap when he jumps down. The air phase is really a test on healer throughput however most dps can help out somewhat by popping a defensive cd or a medpac.

Here is a video guide myself and a few guildies put together covering the strategies and general mechanics of all the major boss encounters when LI first came out. It is a little outdated as our strats are a little different depending on group makeup and the fact that we are now all BH/Campaign which is really overkill compared to the Col we were running it in initially. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QFIUp0c0A

Good luck!

- Sym

People keep talking about the second fight being a healing check. A large amount of damage in the fight can come from the frontal dot effect the boss does after he does his smash, and after he jumps down from the towers. A tank can make it where the boss will always walk forward and make sure the dps behind him are not in range of the frontal, and when he jumps down the tank can avoid the frontal as well if they run out of range when the boss starts the animation.

Minimizing the amount of damage that is done to the group, makes it a far easier fight to heal.

On a side note i remember when 1.2 rolled out, my guild at the time and everyone else on the server had a lot of problems with this instance, and it wasnt until it been out for about a month and people got over the general idea that is was way to hard, that they started to beat it on a regular basis. So if you're just now starting to do it, yes it will be tough until you learn the mechanics, take the time to read up on the fights, and watch some youtube video guides, and get it done.

One last thing, if anyone on The Harbringer feels like they need additional help to pug this FP drop me a tell and i can tank,dps, or heal it ; you can reach me on Biskibis, Chaqen, or Belsapher.

How is this overtuned? Honestly the only times ive ever had issues were when I tried doing it with a group in tionese/columni gear. We couldnt kill the 2nd boss because we were hitting enrage. Clearly a gear issue. The mechanics are SOOOO simple if you just take 5 minutes to hammer out a strategy based on YOUR group composition.

As someone just stated in an earlier post this is SUPPOSED to be more difficult than the other flashpoints. Its listed as tier 2 for a reason. Dont come on the forums and tell BW that they need to nerf content just because you've had trouble with it. The only reason for complaining about content being too hard would be if something was literally so difficult that only a couple of guilds were able to finish it. Judging by the posts ive seen so far I dont think thats the case :p

How is it overtuned? Are we not doing the same fights here? The fights have FAR too many mechanics going on at the same time, all with each mechanic doing stupidly high amounts of damage. And to top it off if you make a SINGLE mistake in pretty much any fight, it's an instant wipe. Forget to interrupt an incinerate? Wipe. Not standing close enough to the second boss? Wipe. Don't hit the fire buttons fast enough? Wipe. Healer has a lag spike at a critical moment? Wipe. Get a lag spike during practically any part now? Wipe.

The content is beyond stupid now. It's not a challenge, it's a freaking pain. And it's all centered around too many things happening at once, and hoping you don't get any lag for interrupts/avoiding AoE (and considering how they just killed the servers with lag and all). It's pretty well so perfectly choreographed that if you miss a step you might as well just give up. This isn't the type of content the game should have, it should be hard and fun, not a pain in the *** and make me want to cancel my subscription and go play better developed games.

This is our FPS of choice for the daily because it is fast with no long spaces between mobs and we run all melee almost everytime.

My guildies figured out a great strategy for all melee. Basically make the orbs predictable. Run in dps the droid and then dps run and stack on the healer after about 6 attacks. That forces the blue ball to spawn in a set location, then dps go in again for 6-8 more attacks as healer runs to another spot on the floor. Dps stack on healer and rinse and repeat. Save interrupts and force leap in for incinerate. Once you get the timing down of in/out for a dps this is very straight forward.