Eternity Vault Requirements?

Story Mode Requirements: Level 50...

Hard Mode: If you know what you're doing, level 49 epic mods (the ones you get from dailies) are good enough.

Nightmare: Full Columi is recommended.

Don't listen to this. You'll have a really, really tough time unless all of your players are experienced mmo players.

Normal: Full Daily 51/50/50

Hard: Full Columi

Nightmare: Rakata/Columi mix

Story Mode Requirements: Level 50...

Hard Mode: If you know what you're doing, level 49 epic mods (the ones you get from dailies) are good enough.

Nightmare: Full Columi is recommended.

I love when these guys show up in a discussion. An OP who clearly has never done EV, and is just looking for some friendly advice on gear, and someone always shows up saying 'lol lvl 40 greens is fine.'

Very helpful.

inb4 "ur bad"

I would agree with the fellow above me. At least daily mods, if you know the fights and stuff. If you're new to raiding in general, run some hard modes and try getting a bit of Columi.

Between 3 toons I have never been in "level 40 greens" by the time I hit 50. Between quests you will be in mid level 40 blues, if not better.

And when the game first came out, thats what people went into EV with. Blues. Not epics. And we defeated the encounters. The gear checks for story mode are not harsh AT ALL. In fact, I would say its easier to do EV Story in 40 blues than it is to do some of the 50 HM Flashpoints.

And I believe I said "IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING" when I said you can do hard modes in daily epic gear. Which you can.

As for Nightmare? Rakata by itself is worse than Columi until you re-itemize it. Seeing as Nightmare also drops Rakata, you do not need it to go into Nightmare.

I merely stated the minimum requirements for each instance. Just because he's never been to EV doesn't mean he's never raided. How am I suppose to know how skilled he or the people he will be running it with are? To assume he's unskilled is just ignorant simply because he isn't familiar with this game's content.

Edited by pureeffinmetal

The main requirements would be:

Group Composition: Two healers, one tank [pure spec], the rest DPS.

HP: +13000 [Tank will want ~16-17k]

Surge: ~65-70%

Critical: ~30% after buffs.

Mainhand Weapon Rating: ~118-126 [Daily Vendor or Recruit.]

Offhand Weapon Rating: ~118-126 [Recruit.]

Relics Matrix Shard + Power Click Relic.

Consumeables: Not necessary, but it certainly would make things easier with Stimpacks.

Friends: This makes things so much easier, especially if they are packing Rakata Gear or better. Sometimes bored level 50s that are geared will help you if you're nice when asking.

As long as everyone is around those requirements, you shouldn't have an issue. There is a pretty large window for error in story mode Eternity Vault, since it assumes that players are still learning their rotations, and that their gear is still low.

Edited by KyoMamoru

Recruit gear is fine if you are playing your class+role correctly. I had two DPS's fail at their duels on story mode Eternity Vault this week. The problem was a combination of recruit gear, and trying to be a DPS while spec'd as tanks. (Fortunately I realized the problem, and had the other tank and I switch targets with them. Both of us were overgeared, so we got through it easily)

Recruit gear is fine if you are playing your class+role correctly. I had two DPS's fail at their duels on story mode Eternity Vault this week. The problem was a combination of recruit gear, and trying to be a DPS while spec'd as tanks. (Fortunately I realized the problem, and had the other tank and I switch targets with them. Both of us were overgeared, so we got through it easily)

Yeah. Seems like this one will Be okay as long as we are coordinated.

• 2 months later...
I was looking through the froums looking for info for when to try Operations and saw this thread and was wondering. I have a Powertech Tank with A mix of Columi and Tionese gear with some recruit gear, would that be fine to try Operations or should I wait for full Columi?

I almost have a BH chestpeice, and columni in the rest, would that be good enough for storymodes, or would i be over-geared?

Note, i have a matrix cube, a rakata implant alongside my columni implant, and the on-effect sheild boost relic, and a recruit earpiece. Should i get a different earpiece, or should that be enough with the rest of my gear to tank it successfully?

Edited by epicfear

I almost have a BH chestpeice, and columni in the rest, would that be good enough for storymodes, or would i be over-geared?

Note, i have a matrix cube, a rakata implant alongside my columni implant, and the on-effect sheild boost relic, and a recruit earpiece. Should i get a different earpiece, or should that be enough with the rest of my gear to tank it successfully?

In any decent group your gear is sufficient for Story EV/KP. Story EC would be a bit too much, but as long as your group for Story EV/KP knows the mechanics of the fights and the basics of their class you'll be fine.

Make sure that your puzzle solvers actually know the puzzle though. You'd be surprised at how many decent players don't understand a basic Tower of Hanoi puzzle:p

It is a hard question to answer; as there is 7 other people there. Like my friend who just hit 50. I promised her to take her on an EV run, but she had only a few days left, so she used what I used on my first EV; RECRUIT. However, I have black hole/rakata, so I did a lot of good damage. And I'm a tank.

So if you're in a good guild, ask them to take you for a run, but only the good-geared ones.

I love when these guys show up in a discussion. An OP who clearly has never done EV, and is just looking for some friendly advice on gear, and someone always shows up saying 'lol lvl 40 greens is fine.'

I could actually go even beyond that and say that if others in your group have good gear, you can do 4 out of 5 bosses completely naked wearing no gear at all. There are of course some phases where all group members will take damage and if you are completely naked you will probably die, but even that does not matter, since the rest of the group can just do it without you and revive you after.

The fourth boss encounter however you cant do naked, since it requires you to beat one target alone and others are not allowed to help you by more than one hit.

Edited by Eternalnight

Eternity Vault Story Mode is laughably easy.

Basically, you just need level 50 and ~49 greens across the board be "geared enough". Actually knowing the fights before going into Eternity Vault will increase your ability to do well more than gear. Gear is actually just a means to make content easier for those that miss mechanic checks or play their class to poor standards.

For Hard Mode Eternity Vault, you'll need Tionese tier at the least. The gear requirement, again, is not that high. Tionese level stuff is more for the fact that, if you have that, you have PVE experience. A player experienced in endgame PVE is more valuable than a PVPer with full War Hero yet no PVE experience. Also, an understanding of Eternity Vault Hard Mode mechanics is required.

For Nightmare, you'll need at least full Columi and lots of Hard Mode experience. Ideally, by the time you're good enough to consider Nightmare, you'll already be decently geared with Rakata tiered items. Nightmare is also the exact same as Hard Mode mechanics wise, so you just need a complete understanding of Hard Mode's mechanics.

Though, a little warning, the gear requirement for operations goes up the less skilled and informed you are for operations. Individual gear requirements also hinge on what group members are able to carry the team and have experience with Eternity Vault. Obviously, if you're running a group of level 50's with level 49 stuff, you better hope they know how to play and know the Eternity Vault fights.

Another warning, too, as it seems that Bioware is going to lean in this direction for future content. Denova and Lost Island have demonstrated that gear is not going to be able to pull a bad group through content. Things are going to be more of a mechanic check than a gear/skill check. Knowing the fights beforehand is going to be the most important thing. Go ahead and get the practice in now for Eternity Vault and eventually Karagga's Palace, or you'll find yourself in a rut trying to find out how you're not getting through content despite having BIS and all.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

This is why I like the Infernal Council fight. Everyone needs to solo an easy mini boss. This fight should be first instead of 4th because it determines if everybody is geared.

We took an undergeared marauder thru and on this fight he died or timed out everytime. His gear wasn't even that bad, he had almost 15K hitpoints.

We tried him on the Healer and he kept dying. We moved him to the one with the next lowest hitpoints and he would get closer to killing him before dying.

Luckily on the 6th try, Another player got there just as he got killed and got off a 6.5 k crit to finish his boss.

This is why I like the Infernal Council fight. Everyone needs to solo an easy mini boss. This fight should be first instead of 4th because it determines if everybody is geared.

We took an undergeared marauder thru and on this fight he died or timed out everytime. His gear wasn't even that bad, he had almost 15K hitpoints.

We tried him on the Healer and he kept dying. We moved him to the one with the next lowest hitpoints and he would get closer to killing him before dying.

Luckily on the 6th try, Another player got there just as he got killed and got off a 6.5 k crit to finish his boss.

Well the reason for this is 99% certain that he use Bloodthirst and/or Beserk that affect others and get the debuff that cant hurt the boss and therefor times out or eventually dies. If you only use the most common 5-6 attacks this is not a problem for a marauder. I did it with less than 15k health, No problems

Well the reason for this is 99% certain that he use Bloodthirst and/or Beserk that affect others and get the debuff that cant hurt the boss and therefor times out or eventually dies. If you only use the most common 5-6 attacks this is not a problem for a marauder. I did it with less than 15k health, No problems

Probably. Marauders have a couple of skills that they commonly use that will give them the damage debuff and then they can't possibly finish (either party healing from DOTs or damage boosting the party). Anniliation has this issue often if the person isn't thinking/is new.

A marauder with 15k HP should be able to do it w/o any serious problems, especially with help.