Hidden Strike and Resolve Bars

Phondos

Probably not, the devs here don't exactly think that far ahead.

They dont think, they just read the forums and do what bad players that cant even use cc breakers and dot the enemy tells them to do.

Why would they actually think and test changes that will destroy a class? No reason.

You guys need to stop crying about resolve, it doesnt do jack anyways. You're just mad cause you are getting nerfed. Deal with it and learn your true role.

Wrong. Resolve stops any other stuns from working. Thats the point of it. An Operative cannot do a 3 second stun and then follow it up with their other stun. An Operative cannot stunlock you because thier stuns and their sap set Resolve to 1000 max. There is no such thing as Operative "stunlock." That is fact.

Edited by heiamll

You guys need to stop crying about resolve, it doesnt do jack anyways. You're just mad cause you are getting nerfed. Deal with it and learn your true role.

wonder what this ******* thinks our role is. Now that we can't kill anything, what's the point of playing it?

The best part is he's probably one of the TRULY overpowered classes who are remaining untouched.

Edited by AllPowerfulSith

I was wondering this same exact thing.. I really don't think this is all that huge of a nerf.. 30% armor pen when Acid Blade is active? awesome. My hidden strike may have it's damage nerfed but not quite 20% as it will be benefiting from 30% armor pen. I want to know if Acid blade is getting nerfed 20% armor pen as well or if its granting the 30% while active, then the 50% after you backstab/hidden strike?

it's ginormous, it makes killing tanks near impossible now, WE RELIED on Burst DPS, we simply don't have any way to sustain our DPS now. They got my first month sub renewel, but this will be their last.

Unless the ******es balance out the nerf by giving us better damage in other abilities, they've just shown that they're not at all concerned with the players who chose Imp Agent/Smuggler from the beginning who had no clue that they'd be as powerful as they are. Overall they're *********** us over in pvp and pve without lube. Clearly they don't give a ****, so i'm done with this game.

I'd understand the nerf if the *********** TRULY OVERPOWERED ******ES ALSO got nerfed. The classes that MORE people played. Of course they nerf the least played classes first, **** us over who didn't want to play the FOTM ones. I hope they rot.

Edited by AllPowerfulSith

I do agree our burst was very high. But now we might have a 1.5 second knock down that puts resolve to full? After that we are finished, sustained dps in pvp is very difficult without stuns. Make Hidden Strike put half resolve at least. 1.5 seconds is not worth full resolve. I would consider getting rid of the knockdown because it is the full resolve.

i dunno i think its pretty ridiculous that without my cc break an op gets me to 40% and then his bleeds are ticking for 2.5k while hes stunned is ridiculous...but ops shouldnt be glass cannons either.

So you'd rather have us be glass peashooters?

Ravikar Baenre - Imperial Agent: Level 39

Bolded for emphasis. PvP at level 50 vs similar geared players is a futile effort unless the stars align on your opener. Now take that opener and reduce it by 20%, your hits went from 4000 crits to 3200. Now tack on another 20% ArPen nerf. With absolutely no increase to sustained damage, mobility, or utility. The least played class also became the most laughable class in one fell swoop.

I was wondering this same exact thing.. I really don't think this is all that huge of a nerf.. 30% armor pen when Acid Blade is active? awesome. My hidden strike may have it's damage nerfed but not quite 20% as it will be benefiting from 30% armor pen. I want to know if Acid blade is getting nerfed 20% armor pen as well or if its granting the 30% while active, then the 50% after you backstab/hidden strike?

NO more 50%, acid blade now only gives you 30% when active.

Its a huge nerff and destroys the only thing that Operatives were good at, which is burst damage, completely destroying the spec.

I do agree our burst was very high. But now we might have a 1.5 second knock down that puts resolve to full? After that we are finished, sustained dps in pvp is very difficult without stuns. Make Hidden Strike put half resolve at least. 1.5 seconds is not worth full resolve. I would consider getting rid of the knockdown because it is the full resolve.

It wasnt very hard,m because thats the only chance an Operative had to kill anything, if you are not dead in 5 seconds against an operative, then the operative is already dead, because the burst damage is all what they have, they dont have anything else (no sustained damage, no utility, no gap closer, nothing) and its one of the classses that can be kited more easily in the game.

This nerfs destroys the spec completely.

i dunno i think its pretty ridiculous that without my cc break an op gets me to 40% and then his bleeds are ticking for 2.5k while hes stunned is ridiculous...but ops shouldnt be glass cannons either.

Tha's what cc breakers are for, right? But dont worry, you wont have to use your cc breaker against a concealment operative ever in your life anymore, since the 1.5 second stun (which no one in their right mind would use the cc breaker on) will fill your resolve bar and so you wont be stunned again untill the operative is dead (there wont be any chance for him to kill you, good players already had no trouble before the neef to kill operatives, now every bad will be able to)

Edited by GengisKahn

It wasnt very hard,m because thats the only chance an Operative had to kill anything, if you are not dead in 5 seconds against an operative, then the operative is already dead, because the burst damage is all what they have, they dont have anything else (no sustained damage, no utility, no gap closer, nothing) and its one of the classses that can be kited more easily in the game.

This nerfs destroys the spec completely.

yeah, it not like you guys can combat stealth or anything.

yeah, it not like you guys can combat stealth or anything.

DOT, if you were not good enough to maintain a dot on the operative, aoe the place where he restealthed, he has NO WAY to quickly get out of that place.

Also, 3 min cd.

Edited by GengisKahn

Did anyone think about how bad this screws over ops for operations. Lower burst and lower armor penetration hurts the next few attacks. This makes the ops low out of stealth dps even lower. No one will take a dps operative on any operatios now. Perhapse our backstab should not have a cooldown just like sins maul to compensate.

Perhapse we should get a 150% sprint like sins to compensate. Perhapse our shield should block as much damage as sorcs and sages.

You cant neuter the classes only option witbout compinsateing something else.

Did anyone think about how bad this screws over ops for operations. Lower burst and lower armor penetration hurts the next few attacks. This makes the ops low out of stealth dps even lower. No one will take a dps operative on any operatios now. Perhapse our backstab should not have a cooldown just like sins maul to compensate.

Perhapse we should get a 150% sprint like sins to compensate. Perhapse our shield should block as much damage as sorcs and sages.

You cant neuter the classes only option witbout compinsateing something else.

And the now 1.5 knockdown SHOULD NOT fill the resolve bar now.

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've seen a dev do in an MMO. I get it. Operatives burst with the old pvp rules of combining expertise was stupid. Not we can't do that. Hrmmm, NOW our 5k+ opener is 4k now and we can only use ONE ability afterwards? So mayyyyybe we can hit you for like 8k one a good day and with your 17k+ health you can turn around and kite/CC/ruthlessly murder us b/c now we are screwed. Burst is gone, resolve already gives us problems in long fights after an opener and if it's a healer we are trying to drop, forget it. Just run up to him/her outta stealth just so you get more interupts? *** is with this? I can't believe they gave into QQing little *********** scrubs that havn't even geared up in PVP yet..... and I wanted to like this game...

Do they take into account World PVP and 1v1s? I might as well *********** open up with Rapid shot. Mayyyybe they just want us to get sick of Ilum and the "better" changes that were made. This next part is a little off topic but speaking of Ilum, why not put freaking armaments around EACH base and ONLY let the faction that controls it loot it? Then we might FINALLY have a reason to take territory. Why the hell do you think you guys had to fix the base problem in Ilum DAY ONE....b/c there's no point in doing anything else. It just really frustrates me to put good time in a game/company that I really want to like and be **** on by QQing and bad planning.