[SPOILERS] Help with Class Quest

Malevolent

Again their will be SPOILERS, you have been warned!!!

I have tried everything, every companion and burned every cooldown possible and I still cannot beat Lord Draahg. Am I doing something wrong? Am I overlooking some important interrupt? I have banged my head to solo this guy and cannot. His AoE is a butt-ton of damage and when I do run away from it he is landing crits on me from 15 yds away. Any and all help will be appreciated. EDIT: I guess it would also help if I said that this is the quest in Baras' Lair on Corellia :/

Oh and I am using an Annihilation spec, pots, and everything.

Edited by Malevolent

I am level 47 and got him to about 10 % u have to keep moving out of his aoe, and get lucky your **** doesnt resist, i open with vette attacking soon as the intital hit lands i charge hamstring and let her kite for a second then peel off and do this over and over again

Bring a friend that does elemental or internal damage. Our class-quest big bads are strong against our damage types. I'd suggest recruiting a sorcerer; they eat our class-quest big bads alive (which we do to theirs as well).

You don't have to solo these quests. You can bring friends. :p

Again their will be SPOILERS, you have been warned!!!

I have tried everything, every companion and burned every cooldown possible and I still cannot beat Lord Draahg. Am I doing something wrong? Am I overlooking some important interrupt? I have banged my head to solo this guy and cannot. His AoE is a butt-ton of damage and when I do run away from it he is landing crits on me from 15 yds away. Any and all help will be appreciated. EDIT: I guess it would also help if I said that this is the quest in Baras' Lair on Corellia :/

Oh and I am using an Annihilation spec, pots, and everything.

Try using Quinn/your best equipped comp (did it with Jaesa), rotate your defensive cooldowns correctly, meining;

You can play aggro-pingpong with your Comp, send him/her in, wait a little bit, dps, draw aggro, use camo, resume dps until you draw aggro

Obfuscate first, force choke after it falls off, then hit cloak, than saber ward, use a medpac at 50%, cotf right after SB, SB a 2nd time when it falls off. As anyspec -> use berserk whenever t's up, keep your dots up (use a stim if you have one) for a little bit of healing.

use your strongest skills only, don't waste your time with VS; Annihilate whenever rdy, keep Ravage on CD, Scream if you have rage and don't risk your dots staying off too long.

He still hits like a truck and if you got srsly bad luck he just crits you to death, but that should not happen regularly. Idk if he had anything to interrupt, if so; use Disrupt and Charge to counter these (channeled abilites are kicked instant, casted abilites are kicked near the end).

As a last resot; Pop Undying rage when you reach 10% or so to give you these extra 5 seconds to bring him down or get your stuns etc rdy again. Didn't need to do all the things I described, but can't think of anything more to be done there.

Bring a friend that does elemental or internal damage. Our class-quest big bads are strong against our damage types. I'd suggest recruiting a sorcerer; they eat our class-quest big bads alive (which we do to theirs as well).

You don't have to solo these quests. You can bring friends. :p

Actually, that quest is supposedly one you cant bring friends on. Its inside your personal hangar instance just before you enter the ship.

I found the fight trivial as I had malavai with me and he healed enough to counter the son of a ...'s dps. I was 2 levels under questlevel and so on.

Actually, that quest is supposedly one you cant bring friends on. Its inside your personal hangar instance just before you enter the ship.

I found the fight trivial as I had malavai with me and he healed enough to counter the son of a ...'s dps. I was 2 levels under questlevel and so on.

Actually, you are talking about the wrong quest there. Just helped another marauder who had trouble with this guy.

Actually, you are talking about the wrong quest there. Just helped another marauder who had trouble with this guy.

Oops, missed the operative word lair of baras. thought it was on hoth. Guess I have something to look forward to then :p

I cant do this either, and im level 50.

It's the first time i've struggled with any, doesnt make sense, its not like im getting to lvl 51 anytime soon.

ahh screw it, im lvl 50. time for a new game.

Edited by Sintic

• 2 weeks later...
I cant do this either, and im level 50.

It's the first time i've struggled with any, doesnt make sense, its not like im getting to lvl 51 anytime soon.

ahh screw it, im lvl 50. time for a new game.

Yeah, I've been beating my head against a wall going after this guy. Got the best gear I can get, cycled companions, made sure I'm rotating cool downs and using every defensive and offensive ability I've got and I just can't get this guy down. After about 12 tries, I finally just said the hell with it. This guy needs to be toned down or Marauders need better survivability.

Edited by hunterp

I agree whole-heartedly. Developer really screwed over some Marauders here...wish there was an easy mode or something. I can't find out what happens at the end of my class questline until the level cap is raised and I can level 1-3 levels above this boss...if it indeed helps given the difficulty of this boss.

Anyone know if PVP gear or better gear than 100+ rating would help much?

Best choice is bring a friend for help.

Anything other then that you should just use medpacks if need be, use Quinn for healing you, make sure you use your crowd control on him(fight him like a retarded player since he doesn't strafe around) and stay out of that aoe.

If that isn't working you may need some gear upgrades or aim for max level.

I'm a juggernaut and with Quinn 1 elite level mob is a pushover for those in immortal spec. As for marauders and speccing I can't help you there. Really the most threatening ability he has is the aoe he plants on the ground. That stuff hurts so you need to get out of it fast.

Edited by Kabloosh

• 2 weeks later...
Best choice is bring a friend for help.

Anything other then that you should just use medpacks if need be, use Quinn for healing you, make sure you use your crowd control on him(fight him like a retarded player since he doesn't strafe around) and stay out of that aoe.

If that isn't working you may need some gear upgrades or aim for max level.

I'm a juggernaut and with Quinn 1 elite level mob is a pushover for those in immortal spec. As for marauders and speccing I can't help you there. Really the most threatening ability he has is the aoe he plants on the ground. That stuff hurts so you need to get out of it fast.

He is immune to controlling effects. Not sure if this is new or not, but he cannot be slowed, stunned, or knocked down. I am an immortal specced jugg, and cannot stun him or kite him. Very frustrating.

Yeah I killed him with little trouble, died the first time but I was expecting to since I hadn't yet seen the fight. Took him down the second time with no real problems....it is a lot of "dancing" around to stay out of the crap he puts down. I was level 48 carnage specced and had Quinn with me. Really can't remember anything out of the ordinary I did other then back away from his aoe and unloaded everything when I was beating him.

As a fresh 50 immortal Juggernaut, I was taken offguard over how much of a truck this guy is and how I couldn't do any of my usual tricks due to his buffs. In the end, I got torn to shreds having exhausted anything I had, using a well geared Quinn (which is my usual questing companion since he actually makes me immortal... until this guy <_<), but it just wasn't enough and I died about 6000 hp away from the kill.

Amusingly enough, when I just probe-ressurected and got the chance to get the first attack, he went down very easy. I didn't even use stimulants or anything the second time around, so he was a pushover at that point.

All I can say is... they're meant to be soloable and yes, some of these encounters are tough. What I can say is that this is definately harder than the last story boss, and I really encourage you to do this on your own. These class quests are meant to educate and test your personal skill, and if you can't do it, you're either not geared, preparred or good enough to do it. Remedy the shortcoming and return when ready. :p

Use Quinn, Make sure you use obfuscate as well. I usually pair obfuscate with Cloak of pain then hit sabre ward when cloak of pain goes down.

Also make sure your gear is as close to your level as you can, as well as your companions, as they will be far less effective without gear.

Use stims and pots, move out of his AoE's and Use disrupt/force choke to interrupt him.

Damn it....your a jug...ugh sorry. wrong Adv. Class heh.

Edited by Stormtroopin

I am level 47 and got him to about 10 % u have to keep moving out of his aoe, and get lucky your **** doesnt resist, i open with vette attacking soon as the intital hit lands i charge hamstring and let her kite for a second then peel off and do this over and over again

Really odd i never went below 60% rage spec at 46, used quinn, interrupt/move/kite a lil just play smart and he's beyond easy like all class missions...

I did it. I was level 50 and Maurader by the time I made it to Baras' lair. I think its paying attention, getting out of the AOE, interrupting him when you can. I threw everything in my arsenal. I regened, hit ravage, gore, Massacre and Force Scream, and was just lucky I guess. Baras... now that fight I brought along a friend. My suggestion, if you are having issues, bring someone along. There is never any shame in asking for help, ever.