Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

I think the planned "decoupling" of planets / specific yields is a good thing.

I don't know if it will have the desired effect right away, however.

Title for CZ198 is "small yield" If, after they're decoupled, it comes up "small" again, the large guilds who want to chase that title will still go after it rather than wait for it to show up as a Medium or Large target.

Same for the achievements for the first timers in their guilds.

So, great idea, and it absolutely needs to be done.

it will, however, be a slow conversion for the guilds.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too late for my sisters camel, she’s in traction, so no running for her :confused:

we could always say a prayer to the camel god(s), they might help, or we could try rebuilding her, i hear it only costs six million dollars ;)

I think the planned "decoupling" of planets / specific yields is a good thing.

I don't know if it will have the desired effect right away, however.

The decoupling is more for events like the swoop, or anything they come up with in the future, where the same thing could happen again.

Edited by DarkTergon

Hi Friends!

(snip)

-Chris

I appreciate that there is not only a short term plan to fix the event, but also a longer term plan that should accommodate more events in the future. It would have been great to hear this sooner, even if it could not be implemented before the second running of the event.

For the record - we are not your friends in this context. We are your customers. This is not a personal relationship, it is a business transaction. People are generally less forgiving in the latter, especially when there are competitors for our money. It would benefit BioWare to remember that when deciding to communicate (or, rather, deciding not to communicate) in the future.

The leaderboard doesn't take in to account the size of the guild, only how much effort they put in. CQ, when done right, is completely small guild friendly, with the small yield planet, you get everything you 'need' if you get the points, FS plans, mats, etc. If you are after achievments, joining the bigger guilds with one toon, just for that is the best option

Sorry, but the level of effort put in by individual players is limited, but the yield of the larger planets are not the same as for small so the reward is therefore greater for guilds big enough to hit the larger yields. All things being equal you are better off having a toon in a large guild which means for new players you are less likely to join a small guild.

Wrap it up any way you want but small guilds have little going for them in this game. You could be the nicest guild leader going and still have players lured away from your guild purely on faster advancement for achievements, unlocked guildships, higher rewards for same effort on conquests etc.

Its not about ego getting on a leaderboard more than the fun in competing on some level against similar sized guilds.

If you look at ranked warzone leaderboards you can go very first player to the lowest and even compare across servers and classes and the sad thing is so few take part in that because its a toxic environment for the most part. It would be nice if that sort of leaderboard were available for conquests where most player do take part willingly (or even passively).

sometimes i worry about you ppl never playing the game and just complaining here on the forums, doesn't seem to be a healthy way of life, best of luck

People who comment or even complain on these forums play the game plenty I can assure you. The two are not mutually exclusive. Its nothing about a healthy way of life. People on here for the most part I feel try to make comments and suggestions to try and improve the game. Best of luck to you too!

Wrap it up any way you want but small guilds have little going for them in this game. You could be the nicest guild leader going and still have players lured away from your guild purely on faster advancement for achievements, unlocked guildships, higher rewards for same effort on conquests etc.

I am happy to be in a small, boutique guild. There are organizational costs to running / being an officer of a large guild. And by organizational costs I also mean -- DRAMAH. :eek:

We don't recruit at all. If a couple of us through happenstance come across someone nice, either in a PuG (which we rarely do) or out in the world and naturally converse, we will on rare occasions ask them to join. If they subsequently move to a larger a guild we wish them luck and consider them graduates. No ill will.

Since the Conquest changes, the two guilds I'm in advanced from the single digits to low 20s in a few months. I couldn't care less if it takes another year to get to the max. And, frankly, any player who cares about eeking out the fraction of a percentage of getting Renown or XP faster wouldn't be a good fit for our guild.

I understand your argument, just happen to disagree with it. I'm very, very content on my highly exclusive pleasure barge.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Its not about ego getting on a leaderboard more than the fun in competing on some level against similar sized guilds.

This is largely my issue. I do not care about who controls a planet, or who gets to attack a named commander, etc. The issue is that achievements are tied to the Conquest leaderboard and the leaderboards are dominated by the same guilds week after week with large guilds always taking the small yield. Small guilds are not allowed to compete against other small guilds because large guilds stomp all over us. Perhaps decoupling the planet from the yield size will help, unfortunately I doubt it. I think the only way for small guilds to ever achieve all Conquest achievements is if BW changes how those achievements are acquired or limits which guild can invade which yields based upon size.

I understand why small yields give fewer rewards, I am okay with that, and it is understandable that a large yield is going to give more rewards, there has to be a carrot because most people do not do things just to do them, but I do not think that the current large yield target is reflective of what large guilds can accomplish (even before the changes in 6.1.1 and 5.10.3). As far as the rewards, sure, I would not mind the extra tech frags each week, but they would likely only mean the difference of one more set piece per week, and the larger equipment crate would be nice, but when it comes to unlocking rooms on a flagship we are all on an equal foot. Everyone who completes Conquest and their guild reaches their invasion target receives one encryption plan per character. It is understandable that larger guilds are going to get more encryption plans each week because there are more people. What I do not like is that we do not even have a chance at getting on the leaderboard, top spot is absolutely out of the question, because large guilds always dominate the small yield because BW has incentivized them to do so.

Being in a small guild means it will take longer to get the requisite number of encryption plans, but as Dasty noted, there are other advantages. I am currently leader of a small family guild. It consists of myself, my brother, their 8 and 10 y/os, and my adult nephew. At present I am the only one that plays regularly. My brother is an essential worker and has not had time to play. The littles can only play when my brother does. And my nephew moves from game to game every couple months. A year ago August we were level 6. Now we are level 28 and have opened three rooms on our flagship (full disclosure, I did spend about 150~200 million buying encryption plans and frameworks to speed things up). Most of those guild levels were acquired between 5.10.3 and 6.0, when we stopped gaining levels, and then after 6.1.1. I am okay with it taking a little longer to get things done. I wish it was a little easier to open rooms on the flagship, but as long as BW doesn't keep screwing us out of getting encryption plans (such as by not including a small yield or changing the requirements like they did with 6.0) then I am okay with the slow and steady.

Some people, as you have encountered, think this is about ego or think we just do not know how to play the game. They can not understand the issue at hand.

Sorry, but the level of effort put in by individual players is limited,

err, no, a player can put in as much, or as little effort as they see fit. It's totally up to them, and if you've read the posts nhere, and on certain threads, you can see people have gotten quite a lot of CQ points personally. And if you believe the other thread, one person got 30 million :D

but the yield of the larger planets are not the same as for small so the reward is therefore greater for guilds big enough to hit the larger yields.

Yes, but that's not an issue, a small guild can make the large yield , if they want to. It just takes a lot more effort.

S All things being equal you are better off having a toon in a large guild which means for new players you are less likely to join a small guild..

All you need is one toon in the biggest guild, and you'll get the achievments, once you have that, it doesn't matter where the rest are. And if all you want are the larger rewards for getting the large planet, then chances are you'll be in the larger guilds anyway. There are plenty of small guilds out there, who are just happy to get CQ on the small yield planet, and get their FS plans.

Wrap it up any way you want but small guilds have little going for them in this game.

Why? My small guilds have everything they need, sure, there's a hell of a lot more we could use, or want. We've plenty going for us :)

You could be the nicest guild leader going and still have players lured away from your guild purely on faster advancement for achievements, unlocked guildships, higher rewards for same effort on conquests etc.

People can be fickle, the grass is a;lways greener on the otherside, and yet when you get there, it's not.

People in small guilds don't join them for any of the above reasons. Anyone who wants that usually have toons in the larger guilds.

The only competing with CQ is to be on the leader board (probaby No1.) once you go past the top ten (? I think) , that's it, you don't see who else is around, no idea how you fare compared to others., that's the competing part. Most small guilds I know, do it for the plans,

I am happy to be in a small, boutique guild. There are organizational costs to running / being an officer of a large guild. And by organizational costs I also mean -- DRAMAH. :eek:

We don't recruit at all. If a couple of us through happenstance come across someone nice, either in a PuG (which we rarely do) or out in the world and naturally converse, we will on rare occasions ask them to join. If they subsequently move to a larger a guild we wish them luck and consider them graduates. No ill will.

Since the Conquest changes, the two guilds I'm in advanced from the single digits to low 20s in a few months. I couldn't care less if it takes another year to get to the max. And, frankly, any player who cares about eeking out the fraction of a percentage of getting Renown or XP faster wouldn't be a good fit for our guild.

I understand your argument, just happen to disagree with it. I'm very, very content on my highly exclusive pleasure barge.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

I feel the same way about our small family guild.

I've only had fun competing against another guild for conquest once in this entire game.

It was back when I was on POT5 and I did almost everything I could to get that top spot on that small server.

After the fact I realized how I COULD have won, but even after spending all that time and effort, and losing, it was still the most fun I've had here.

It was under the original conquest system where my "vanity" guild could keep up with a small "real" guild that had minor conquest participation...until that last night when they stayed up all hours, working with another guild, and pvp'd until the early dawn.

I dont think i have it in me to say thank you for such an obvious fix to a gross oversight. Like, duh, add a small planet.

How was that not something they should have been able to figure out to begin with?

Chances are they were trying to see how the reaction was. In the end they probably didn't even consider this when they implemented it and then they had to check whether or not it was worth putting resources into and wait till they actually had other stuff taken care of before this became high enough on their priority list.

And I might not necessarily get the playstyle other people have, but I do recognize and acknowledge that they have it. So I do find this decision by Bioware a positive thing.

So here's my suggestion for future conquest changes since planets will be able to shift from high to medium to small yield. Don't tie the planets to a particular yield at all. Just have X number of planets available each week for the event that a guild can go invade. Then make some changes to the tiered yields. Make it so that the three yields are considered a threshold. If a guild hits the small yield threshold, they get the small yield rewards at reset. If they hit medium yield threshold, they get medium yield rewards. And if they hit large yield threshold, they get large yield rewards. This concept has two major benefits: small guilds who can sometimes hit medium yield but not always can always get rewards for small yield or potentially medium yield if they get enough conquest points, and guilds that are struggling one week because of various reasons won't be at risk of not getting rewards at all for failing to hit the large yield (or medium) requirements and can still get some guild rewards of the lower tier. This concept could be expanded to have more tiers, but I wouldn't go overboard. I think the large yield is the ideal highest tier, but tiers could be implemented between the small yield and large yield with rewards adjusted accordingly.

Dasty

Thats a fair point Dasty - nothing makes a big guild become a small guild when the drama kicks in.

Thanks for your comments.