Tauntaun Mystery [SOLVED]

Jenemi

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated :)

Also, can anyone who can make the jerky and has a character that does not have it yet test something for me?

I noticed that you can actually see the Tauntaun if someone else goes in with the buff even if you do not have it. Could someone possibly try going in and seeing if they can capture it after someone else summons (Maybe it stays until the person with the buff captures? Could mean more people to get it per jerky).

Similarly, I didn't pay attention and does the buff actually disappear when you catch yours?

Also try both in and out of a party @-@

• 1 month later...
Updated :)

Also, can anyone who can make the jerky and has a character that does not have it yet test something for me?

I noticed that you can actually see the Tauntaun if someone else goes in with the buff even if you do not have it. Could someone possibly try going in and seeing if they can capture it after someone else summons (Maybe it stays until the person with the buff captures? Could mean more people to get it per jerky).

Similarly, I didn't pay attention and does the buff actually disappear when you catch yours?

Also try both in and out of a party @-@

Tested this comprehensively today, while going through a couple of jerkeys.

Several people can the pet, provided just one has the buff and haven't grabbed their pet yet.

This was tested both in and out of party, and everyone was able to see and grapple the spawned taunlet.

All of this assumes that the person with the buff haven't grappled their pet yet.

Note that the act of using the NVCSS on the taunlet is the deciding factor of whether you can or cannot spawn the taunlet. I specifically tested that it isn't just whether you've added the pet to your collection.

Also note that if you get the message about the frightened taulet, but you cant see the pet it might be because you spawned it on your way out of the cave and it timed out (my guess ~15-20 secs). Don't worry, just wait outside a little bit and it will spawn again on your way in.

Finally: On Red Eclipse Aefa (Rep) / Aefan (Imp) can make the Jerkey, in addition to a few others whom I can't remember the name of.

Thank you SO much for testing that out :) I'll put that in the first post.

You're more than welcome. I thought you might appreciate it.

Thank you in turn for an excellent guide, without which I wouldn't know to test it in the first place :)

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WILL MAKE YOU JERKY:

REPUBLIC

Red Eclipse: Aefa

IMPERIAL

Red Eclipse: Aefan

The Red Eclipse: Grusomme

My apologies by the way, for messing up your server list. My full server name is of course "The Red Eclipse", which already has a listing on the Imperial side.

Edited by AefaFreesky

You're more than welcome. I thought you might appreciate it.

Thank you in turn for an excellent guide, without which I wouldn't know to test it in the first place :)

Aww :D You're welcome!

And don't worry, it's fine! I had a feeling it was there, but allergies have totally been kicking my butt so I'm a little out of it too XD

We also verified that on Harbinger. We had 10 people in an Ops group and we each got a Taunlet.

Thank you for your verification! :)

It's nice to know that worked out. Hopefully will save people some money too.

• 2 weeks later...