Arsenal Mercenary's PVE's Performance

LuizHD

So,I've made a Merc,and after reading through the forums I just want to confirm:Are Mercs seriously inferior to Powertechs in PVE cause, what I heard and the motive I chose Merc is that in PVE Merc >>Powertech and in PVP

Powertech>>Merc and as I am interested in Just the PVE with my Merc, I want to know while I am still at level 20 so I don't lose my time leveling a character that will later be shunned/useless in Endgame PVE content.So will I have to delete and re-roll as a Powertech(Probably gonna make a Trooper )?

So,I've made a Merc,and after reading through the forums I just want to confirm:Are Mercs seriously inferior to Powertechs in PVE cause, what I heard and the motive I chose Merc is that in PVE Merc >>Powertech and in PVP

Powertech>>Merc and as I am interested in Just the PVE with my Merc, I want to know while I am still at level 20 so I don't lose my time leveling a character that will later be shunned/useless in Endgame PVE content.So will I have to delete and re-roll as a Powertech(Probably gonna make a Trooper )?

They are pretty much on the same level DPS wise. However mercs have more utility than pts.

Plus you get 2 blasters instead of one. Which is auto win in my book :)

In PVE were fine , my Merc is BIS and I can top 3 the DPS meter on all boss fights and always number 1 on Trash pulls. This is against BIS other classes, Ive beaten Snipers / Sorcs (easily) Assasins (Regularly) , Power Techs (Sometimes) , Its usually me or him by a small margin , usually only a 50 k damage difference +/- on a fight where we will both do 800k - 1mil..

HOWEVER ,

In PvP prepare to get your face kicked in, if you can even get a group .. My PvP existance lies solely in non rated as I cant get a rated group and if I do , I can die usually within 15-20 seconds once the other team sees me ranging them. If I'm left alone I can do a fair amount of damage. (IF) I'm left alone , which will not happen. The kill order in games I play is Merc>Healer>Sniper+PT> Marauder>Sorc

Also PT is getting a PVP Nerf ...

Wait, wha..., where did you read that?

*EDIT* nvm, found the topic, not really a huge nerf to be honest, they will just need to stick closer to the target.

Edited by yoomazir

They are pretty much on the same level DPS wise. However mercs have more utility than pts.

Plus you get 2 blasters instead of one. Which is auto win in my book :)

You may be the first person I've ever seen, actually say that mercs have more utility than another AC.

I believe they have less, for they have no root, no interupt, no healing debuff, no execute, no escape...I'm sure I'm missing something else but can't think it's late.

If I'm wrong please educate me, for I am still kinda new to pvp.

You may be the first person I've ever seen, actually say that mercs have more utility than another AC.

I believe they have less, for they have no root, no interupt, no healing debuff, no execute, no escape...I'm sure I'm missing something else but can't think it's late.

Pretty sure they were talking about PvE, in which case yeah Arsenal Mercs have a utility advantage over PTs in the form of their armor debuff. My raid group often doesn't have a Sniper or Jugg to apply armor debuffs, so even if I'm dead last on the meter (not that I am!), that's partially because I'm boosting everyone else.

anyone that is playing arsenal in pvp shouldnt be, go pyro or heal or go home.

I've played plenty PVP w/ my Arsenal Merc and i've done just fine.... i'm only level 27 as well. u just have to know your abilities(more importantly when to use them). Not sure where this other guy is getting no interrupts;stuns;heal debuff cause we have all of those they just aren't the same as "everyone else". Also if you aren't running away at least an equal amount to any one running towards you in PVP; you are going to die fast. Thus why you have your rocket boots that slows them and knocks them back. Same with rocket punch which you should also spec for. We have our dart to stun; in pve we can use it twice w/ our heroism ability. That is plenty to me but just IMO

To answer your question (since no one else did) yes PT do out-DPS arsenal Mercs on raids (~1800 dps in HM EC). They are about the only class that can though. Good Marauders, Mercs, and Snipers are all on par for #2 (1500-1600 dps in HM EC).