Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
02.13.2014 , 05:05 PM | #121
I'll update this soon
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

vadess's Avatar


vadess
02.21.2014 , 05:34 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
I'll update this soon
Please do! As I trust the guides on here more so than the ones on dulfy and stuff.

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
03.04.2014 , 02:45 AM | #123
Thanks for the great guide. I threw together a DPS set from the Oriconian gear I got forever ago, pieces that I had lying around, and unused comms. Managed a two piece set bonus and a campaign relic and kept up as needed no problem on some quick Op runs, and was doing consistent damage once I got into things. Very good feel to the rotation. Funny thing is that I'm putting down better numbers than my sniper in similar gear, and I have a lot more fun with the rotation as well.

Looking forward to seeing what I can put down once I'm fully geared. Glad my Mara and Sniper aren't the only ones I'm able to bring to the show when I'm not tanking on my Sin or Jugg.

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
03.05.2014 , 01:13 PM | #124
Sorry this update's taking a little longer than usual guys, I've been preparing a video as well.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

IInox's Avatar


IInox
03.08.2014 , 05:39 PM | #125
for pve infiltration you can check on my signature, it's updated.

I'ts the same that xinika used here

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
03.21.2014 , 03:55 PM | #126
OP PvP Section updated, PvE section in the works.
Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
for pve infiltration you can check on my signature, it's updated.

I'ts the same that xinika used here
Yup I plan to add your updated section to the PvE update.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

DarrelK's Avatar


DarrelK
03.23.2014 , 06:53 AM | #127
Hmm. You recommend Relic of Devastating Vengeance. Why is that? The Relic of Focused Retribution gives 625 mainstat versus the 625 crit rating offered by the other relic. Crit chance.. is really a "chance" better than pure (and pretty solid) mainstat boost (which also gives several percent of crit chance)? You also recommend Power augments instead of the generally accepted (and recommended before by you, if I'm not mistaken) Willpower augments. Why has that changed? Curious.

And I completely don't agree with going with MORE than 25% crit in PvP, that's such a massive loss of power. Overall I'm quite anti-crit, I play with barely 20.56% crit (if I'm not mistaken.. but it is 20.5ish, I'm sure), even considered going with 0 crit, but that might be a bit over the top.

Maybe you could share some numbers from warzone/arena results to support going with higher crit? Because with averaging 1200ish dps in warzone/arenas, and going up to 1700-1800 in good matches, I don't think I'm lacking on dps by going with low crit. And to be honest, that's one of my biggest dilemmas in gearing - follow the mainstream and go 24-25% crit, or go high power.
[TRE] Oberei - occasionally a decent shadow

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
03.23.2014 , 07:33 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrelK View Post
Hmm. You recommend Relic of Devastating Vengeance. Why is that? The Relic of Focused Retribution gives 625 mainstat versus the 625 crit rating offered by the other relic. Crit chance.. is really a "chance" better than pure (and pretty solid) mainstat boost (which also gives several percent of crit chance)? You also recommend Power augments instead of the generally accepted (and recommended before by you, if I'm not mistaken) Willpower augments. Why has that changed? Curious.
Because you still need a balance of stats. Overdoing power or crit or willpower or whatever other stat is simply unnecessary. If you wish to achieve a certain type of potential then you should lean for it in relative aspect of balance. I said go Power Augments because it is more efficient to swap out mods / enh / implants to achieve more or less crit capability whilst keeping a relative balance. I also said go with the crit relic because it is a high DPS upgrade, regardless of the gear path you choose.

Quote:
And I completely don't agree with going with MORE than 25% crit in PvP, that's such a massive loss of power. Overall I'm quite anti-crit, I play with barely 20.56% crit (if I'm not mistaken.. but it is 20.5ish, I'm sure), even considered going with 0 crit, but that might be a bit over the top.
As you said, you're anti-crit, so I would consider you more of a burst type. That's fine, but DPS type has its place - I've tested both. There is a fundamental aspect to keep in mind when it comes to Deception. No matter how much power you wish to stack, Deception still clings to its surge capability which in the end, need some reliance on achieving critical hits.

Quote:
Maybe you could share some numbers from warzone/arena results to support going with higher crit? Because with averaging 1200ish dps in warzone/arenas, and going up to 1700-1800 in good matches, I don't think I'm lacking on dps by going with low crit. And to be honest, that's one of my biggest dilemmas in gearing - follow the mainstream and go 24-25% crit, or go high power.
From everything you said, I don't think your the type to follow the 'mainstream', but of course whatever you choose to do is entirely up to you. From my testing, 25% crit as Deception was probably the pinnacle of my DPS output. The burst capability drop was tolerable and small scale combat did not suffer much, in fact, I'd say it's simply better for the group due to the balance between power and crit capability. It's a more assured way of going about your DPS because in the end, Recklessness does not give you 100% crit and it is not up 100% of the time, especially in prolonged combat where the Burst-Type Assassin falls behind.

In the end it's your choice. You either gear for small battles or prolonged encounters. The latter is more practical than most assume.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

DarrelK's Avatar


DarrelK
03.23.2014 , 11:33 AM | #129
I need to do some more heavy testing. I have both relics bought and augmented since they got changed, and at first I played with crit relic, but found that the 10+% crit boost didn't really help as much when compared to the mainstat boost. Since the mainstat relic is used for PvE, and in PvE they try to maximize the DPS in a prolonged fight, I assume the mainstat relic should give more sustained DPS, compared to a (probably) more bursty crit relic. All that in mind, I do intend to test the crit relic again and compare the results.

As for my standard crit crating, yes, possibly lower sustained dps, though I'm not really sure it hurts as much as it would hurt PvE DPS.

Still, interesting that someone considers the crit relic useful. Ever since the buff to mainstat relic and testing the now-buffed mainstat relic, I just forgot about the crit relic.
[TRE] Oberei - occasionally a decent shadow

LordHartigan's Avatar


LordHartigan
03.23.2014 , 02:57 PM | #130
Just curious what overall Willpower should be for deception spec. I initially went all Willpower augments, but this has really brought my power down. Curious how much I can sacrifice for Power augments.