All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

TrixxieTriss

I’ve been reading the PTS feed back and keeping updated on what’s happening on the PTS.

All the new gearing, lvling, Bolster (pvp), crafting costs, RNG drops and some of class changes are completely unappealing to me and it would seem to many others on the PTS feed back forums. (I suggest everyone have a read through). Also there lots more grind than now, even for crafting, which is completely stupid :mad:

I’m sure the story and content will probably be good. But if those systems surrounding the content are bad, it doesn’t matter how good the content is, people will leave again like they did in 5.0 if the rest of the experience isn’t enjoyable.

I really hope Bioware are REALLY listening to the constructive feed back being given to them on the PTS and not paying it lip service. Just about everything needs major changes to it (which isn’t a good sign).

At this point, I won’t be resubbing (even to get the new race). I want to come back and have fun, not work harder than the game is now (which is partly why I’ve left).

I’m sure I’m not alone feeling like this or with this assessment.

Bioware please, please don’t destroy the game again like you did for 5.0. I don’t think it can survive another horrible expansion (due to the systems you introduce). The playing systems are the foundation for the great content to sit on. If the foundations are weak, it won’t matter how good the content is if the game play systems make people leave again.

If this is “Play your way”, then play your way is a mistruth. “Play your way” will become a meme for changing to another game.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly. For years, I've watched close friends I've made ingame and across others lose interest and eventually leave, never to return because of the changes they've made and while I'll acknowledge the good progress they've made in lieu of QoL suggestions, the gameplay and communities have suffered greatly. 6.0 so far is not looking like something anyone from my now dead (RIP 2014-2019, they were good to me) guild of casuals would look back at. It's not something my hardcore raid enthusiast friends would care for. It's not much for my dwindling group of RP friends/acquaintances/partners (where are those emotes and non-bank busting outfits!?) And it isn't shaping out to be anything more than adding a gimmick to an unnecessarily over-complicated gearing system STILL laced with RNG and presented as a good thing.

I resubbed a while back to be ready for September and my sub lapses before October so I'll at least get the thing I do care most about at this point; a new skin, I mean species, to play as. If they were far more active in conversation instead of posting something and letting it marinate, that'd be amazing. It's just frustrating now. Worst part is I see them dropping it, giving 1 update to deal with some bugs while not adjusting according to feedback they most likely will have had since PTS and going on a long vacation again. They have time to pick up the pace but I'm already feeling defeated.

If they really go through with it, I think it's going to be the final nail in the coffin for this game. It's sad. Even without doing ops and group content, I'm wondering again if one's even going to be able to get through the story content and flashpoint with 248-252 gear, or be forced into that nightmare RNG shell game that seems to yield nothing.

Onderon and Mek-Sha might be visually intriguing, but there's nothing I've seen with the gear, crafting, changed level sync or nerfed companions, that is going to inspire me to extend my subscription. Right now I'm paid up through the release date they've given but I can't envision myself extending beyond that if they don't drastically change what they plan.

If they really go through with it, I think it's going to be the final nail in the coffin for this game. It's sad. Even without doing ops and group content, I'm wondering again if one's even going to be able to get through the story content and flashpoint with 248-252 gear, or be forced into that nightmare RNG shell game that seems to yield nothing.

Onderon and Mek-Sha might be visually intriguing, but there's nothing I've seen with the gear, crafting, changed level sync or nerfed companions, that is going to inspire me to extend my subscription. Right now I'm paid up through the release date they've given but I can't envision myself extending beyond that if they don't drastically change what they plan.

It seems the green lvl 75 gear isn’t as good as the 258 +240 augmented gear. Not sure if this is the same in the story lvling, but it is in other aspects of the game.

And even crafting that green gear will be so expensive and time consuming that no one in their right mind will do it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It seems the green lvl 75 gear isn’t as good as the 258 +240 augmented gear. Not sure if this is the same in the story lvling, but it is in other aspects of the game.

And even crafting that green gear will be so expensive and time consuming that no one in their right mind will do it.

That is good to know. I haven't been able to get anyone into 258s because I don't have thousands of UCs to meet that bad exchange rate for crystals and I will not be forced into group content. So hopefully 252s will be good enough. If not, I just won't be able to finish the expac, I guess.

I thought the crafting recipes for Ossus were absurd, but those new ones look even worse, and I didn't think that would be possible.

They will do it as they always do. They take note of the feedback and ignore it. The PTS is only there to recognize bugs. They will go through it. BW just.

I’ve started playing WoW classic and even though it’s grindy in some parts and makes you work for stuff, the systems are not complicated and the game play is enjoyable. It’s why every server theyve so far released is full and why people are queuing to get into the game (some for 8 hours with 9000 people ahead of them in the queue :eek:, depending on time and region. I actually saw one screen shot where someone had 21,000 players ahead of them). In fact it’s so popular that the full retail version of WoW has become a ghost town and prices on the Auction house have plummeted.

Blizzard restrained themselves from opening extra servers, but have been forced to add about 20+ more because of demand. It’s even increased Blizzard stock prices https://www.wowhead.com/news=294755/activision-blizzard-stock-rises-after-classic-wow-launch

Of course some of this is hype and some people will leave, but I think it will be a year at least till they need to start merging any servers and at this point, they could probably open more and fill those up too.

There are now meme’s going around about the head of Blizzard saying to players at Blizzcon, “you think you do, but you don’t”.

He’s had to eat humble pie because he didn’t listen to what the players really want.

Now I’m not saying Bioware should release classic swtor, but they should actually listen to what players want instead of being a Ben “RNG is Exciting” Irving developer.

I really feel like I should go look on PTS to see for myself, but I feel like it's just going to bum me out.

I’ve unsubbed, so I can’t. I’m only still on the forums till my cookie access runs out. But if I could, I think it would depress me too.

Bioware continue to shoot off their proverbial foot and then shoot off their arms and legs to see if that helps.

https://imgur.com/gallery/83UDR

http://championsandheroes.smackjeeves.com/comics/2551829/swtor-health-and-safety-violation/

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ve been reading the PTS feed back and keeping updated on what’s happening on the PTS.

All the new gearing, lvling, Bolster (pvp), crafting costs, RNG drops and some of class changes are completely unappealing to me and it would seem to many others on the PTS feed back forums. (I suggest everyone have a read through). Also there lots more grind than now, even for crafting, which is completely stupid :mad:

I’m sure the story and content will probably be good. But if those systems surrounding the content are bad, it doesn’t matter how good the content is, people will leave again like they did in 5.0 if the rest of the experience isn’t enjoyable.

I really hope Bioware are REALLY listening to the constructive feed back being given to them on the PTS and not paying it lip service. Just about everything needs major changes to it (which isn’t a good sign).

At this point, I won’t be resubbing (even to get the new race). I want to come back and have fun, not work harder than the game is now (which is partly why I’ve left).

I’m sure I’m not alone feeling like this or with this assessment.

Bioware please, please don’t destroy the game again like you did for 5.0. I don’t think it can survive another horrible expansion (due to the systems you introduce). The playing systems are the foundation for the great content to sit on. If the foundations are weak, it won’t matter how good the content is if the game play systems make people leave again.

If this is “Play your way”, then play your way is a mistruth. “Play your way” will become a meme for changing to another game.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I enjoy everything they have implemented and hope they keep it a slow grind to gear.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I enjoy everything they have implemented and hope they keep it a slow grind to gear.

There will always be some people who like things others don't. Nothing will ever appeal to everyone. The trick for the developers is finding what works best for the most players so they can retain subs and perhaps even gain more.

There will always be some people who like things others don't. Nothing will ever appeal to everyone. The trick for the developers is finding what works best for the most players so they can retain subs and perhaps even gain more.

It's not fun to me when you can gear yourself in 1 day or even 1 week. There is no point in the end-game if that's how fast you're expecting it.

Edited by BlueSorcerer

It's not fun to me when you can gear yourself in 1 day or even 1 week. There is no point in the end-game if that's how fast you're expecting it.

Hey, I feel your pain. I prefer it when it takes months, if not years to reach max level. But sadly, those good old days are long past except for niche little indie games.

I’ve unsubbed, so I can’t. I’m only still on the forums till my cookie access runs out. But if I could, I think it would depress me too.

Bioware continue to shoot off their proverbial foot and then shoot off their arms and legs to see if that helps.

https://imgur.com/gallery/83UDR

http://championsandheroes.smackjeeves.com/comics/2551829/swtor-health-and-safety-violation/

Those pics you linked are a nice frustration release about it. Especially the first one. :D

Dude, all you're doing is confirming it's a problem. "Slow grind to gear" is pretty much the opposite of what people have been asking for since the 5.0 debacle.

I agree. I will say that I fully expect to have to get used to change of having to put in effort for things again but at the same time it's something I've been missing and it will make the game more interesting for me.

They have to get the balance right of course, but in the end I do think that things have become way too easy. I still can't get over the fact that Ossus dailies give better gear than HM and NIM Ops.

Personally I just got back a couple of months ago, against expectations, but it baffles me to see what this superfluous gear has done to the community. A few days ago my new Trooper was kicked from an SM GF Ops run because my gear was too low. I was wearing a full set of 230 gear with set bonuses and optimized appropriately (110% accuracy and all).

I've seen discussions going on how you will need to have 258 gear with 240 augments to handle the new content going into 6.0 and how you need that gear to do NiM ops for example which were balanced around 236/242 gear in 5.0. Even Ossus itself can be done with 230 gear and I laugh at the people who think the green 232 gear that you get for free is better than the purple 230 raid gear.

I think 5.0 has seriously dumbed down players and these SM warriors now think they know something or I don't know what's going on. There is a chance 6.0 will be a rude awakening for some players but I really hope BW do balance it out right between effort and reward and that people give it a chance because too easy is just boring and it's one of the main reasons I think people get bored.

Now BW might still get it wrong but I'm definitely willing to give 6.0 a fair shot because I'm hopeful that it will improve the game a lot. It may require people to swallow hard at first and see that they actually have to put in some effort but once you're through that people might be surprised.

Games used to reward effort and skill. I really preferred the difficulty of the story missions in vanilla. God I hated some of the story bosses cause I had to try over and over again but I managed and then it felt awesome. That's the part I miss the most in SWTOR. The feeling of accomplishment. And no, that doesn't come from RNG lootboxes.

But I have the feeling I don't need to tell you that ;)

I don't mind a slow grind but the fact that it's all RNG really doesn't thrill me in the least. From the reports on the PTS players are grinding content only to get pieces that are completely useless, and even the vendors are a complete gamble. It's one thing to give players a slow route to gear and another to have them take that slow route and then throw all their efforts away by having them buy gear they can't even use. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I could also live with the grind, but combined with RNG it's unbearable. If I play the same amount of the same content than a friend does, one of us gets the item they need, and one doesn't, how is that fair? If I'm the one that didn't get the item, it doesn't make me play more, it makes me play less, as there is no guarantee I'm ever gonna get the item I need. If I play less swtor, I will play more something else. If the other game gives me what I want, and swtor doesn't, I will have no reason to continue playing swtor.

Give me a reason to continue playing this game instad of taking it away.

If they really go through with it, I think it's going to be the final nail in the coffin for this game. It's sad.

If what we have on the PTS right now goes live... well, this is one big mess (to me). It's so little enjoyable that I logged off from the PTS on my only free gaming afternoon this week. 6.0 on the PTS as it is right now makes me not want to play this game anymore. I know it's not finished, but given how little time is left I highly doubt that things will change a lot. And they would have to change a lot to appeal to me.

That's correct and fine. But if you follow the PTS threads, you will find out that the contra faction very heavily outweighs the pro faction. This is a feedback BW should really take serious.

I’ve started playing WoW classic and even though it’s grindy in some parts and makes you work for stuff, the systems are not complicated and the game play is enjoyable. It’s why every server theyve so far released is full and why people are queuing to get into the game (some for 8 hours with 9000 people ahead of them in the queue :eek:, depending on time and region.

Trixxie, your WoW Classic plugging due to your disappointment in SWTOR and how the devs dealt with very specific issues you encountered is becoming a little tiresome to be honest.

I understand why you are disappointed in SWTOR and decided to cancel your subscription, but you seem to go out of your way now to devalue everything SWTOR by promoting the massiveness of WoW Classic. Let's be real here, the allure of WoW Classic is not because of superior game design via simplicity or making you work for stuff and most certainly not because it is less grindy or offers more content compared to SWTOR - to the contrary - but because it is walking down memory lane with an MMO that shaped an entire generation of gamers when it comes to online gaming.

Blizzard in its confused state of being part of a big stock corporation tries to monetize nostalgia and invested heavily in a massive promotion campaign through very popular streamers in order to keep their subscriber base that is disappointed/burned out with the latest WoW iteration. There is absolutely no wonder why you only need to be subscribed to the current WoW to automatically get access to WoW Classic and I really don't see any valuable insight the devs could get in their approach to SWTOR by looking at WoW Classic and its customer base.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Trixxie,

You're becoming the girl who cried wolf on threatening to leave. You've been saying it for months and that there will be a mass exodus. How about we wait until 6.0 is actually released before doom and gloom?

You haven't even participated, by your own admission, on the PTS. Neither have I. That's why I have kept my piehole shut.

So, if you're in the shoes of BW, whose posts would you value more? Your generic broadside against SWTOR while plugging WoW Classic, or the specific comments on the PTS forum? Do you really think this post is going to be the clarion wake up call to the devs to realize, "Oh, there's a PTS forum?"

Sorry to be snarky, I know you're passionate about this game, but I agree with Phal. Let's just chill a bit until the game is released. We already know there will be some bugs and balance issues. How can there not be with so many new variables added to the mix?

If you love WoW Classic so much, just go play it until release, which is 50 days away (but who's counting?). Don't become the rugby fan who attends a cricket match and proselytizes about how much better rugby is to play / watch.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

so you read 2nd hand reports on an issue you haven't experienced and you are attacking Bioware for it? May as well blame Bioware for the everything else you have no clue about. If someone else had said it and had current PTS experience i would take their word for it and leave it at that.

I played PTS so you can take my word for it. New systems are crap. Or better yet, you can even go and read what a lot of people that play in the PTS are saying, its not like the forum there is restricted.

The issue is not not simply bugs and balance. Changing a few values (that is what PTS at best gets usually fixed) won't cut it. It really needs rework so being vocal about in PTS forums AND here so even those that haven't played PTS can share opinions is a good thing.

I really feel like I should go look on PTS to see for myself, but I feel like it's just going to bum me out.

I decided to make room in my SSD so i could install PTS and test it. And i'm sad to say i'm not very happy with my choice. I hope they make BIG changes soon because its not fun and is just too time consuming to test as it is now.

I played PTS so you can take my word for it. New systems are crap. Or better yet, you can even go and read what a lot of people that play in the PTS are saying, its not like the forum there is restricted.

I don't pay attention to PTS, as i said i'll take your word for it. I know enough not to say things i don't know anything about. Still it seems like a fluid situation from what you described, guess we will see what happens in the next PTS, assuming that is the case.

If you haven’t downloaded the PTS, please go do it. The more feedback they get the better. There are things that aren’t too bad....getting gear off every boss....there are things that are bad.....There is RNG on whether the drop is even in you class....much less your spec..... no gear has dropped for me that have mods so I can’t upgrade the moddable gear I purchased.

Renown is slower than command.

Right now though not everything is dripping gear so have to keep running hammer station when my raid team isn’t there.

Conquest is about the same speed, but you now have to get 50k. I got 29k in a bout an hour doing a few heroines and one GF Hanner station. So it is definitely slower, but still able to be done on multiple toons.

Don’t just listen to everyone else, get in and test for yourself.

Edited by MacCleoud