boarding party last boss(HARDMODE)

Ok.after 3 hours of wipes and stupidity we all quit..

I was the healer.and I've got to say.Was bioware on something when they made this fight?

The nades are taking peoples like to like 30% a hit.and its constant.and i can't heal if i have to kite the melee all over the place..Really?

insanity.I need tips and tricks right now because from what i've saw healing is Ridiculously stupid here

Ok.after 3 hours of wipes and stupidity we all quit..

I was the healer.and I've got to say.Was bioware on something when they made this fight?

The nades are taking peoples like to like 30% a hit.and its constant.and i can't heal if i have to kite the melee all over the place..Really?

insanity.I need tips and tricks right now because from what i've saw healing is Ridiculously stupid here

Anyone?

We wiped at it like 10 times and did not have bad gear at all.

Now here is what we did originally. Me (marauder) or sin would pick up chief, pull him away while the tank was holding the main dude and the healer. After chief was dead, we proceeded to DPS down the main dude. This did not work. The grenades seems to have quite some radius and his random targeting is not so random as she shot 4 grenades in succession straight in my face.

We found a workaround. Healer was standing at the entrance stairs and pulled the main guy. With the grenades hitting just 1 person it wasn't that much damage. The rest of us killed chief and then the healer. They do not really do much damage so it was easy. Then we simply zerged the boss while the healer was kiting him around a corner. That encounter cost me 200k in repairs and the loot chest was bugged.

In the beginning have your DPS kill Massey at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the encounter while the tank dps/interrupts the medic. The tank will be out of range of heals in this position, he will just have to make sure to run about half way between Jorland and the DPS/healer group to get healed. Go any closer and Massey will start chasing the tank, reducing DPS on him, but this positioning will keep the healer and DPS out of range of Jorland's grenades.

After Massey is dead burn down Jorland. Interrupt him as much as possible, spread out at max range, make sure melee are at their maximum range as well, because his grenades will splash if they are not. Have your tank positioned between Jorland and the medic so he can interrupt the medic's big heals as much as possibe.

Once Jorland is dead just kill the medic. Interrupt him as much as possible.

The enrage is somewhere around 3 minutes, giving you about 1 minute to kill each one. The medic is still capable of killing your party while enraged, but all of his damage is single target so you'll still have some time to kill it through cooldowns if it does enrage.

Now congrats! Enjoy not getting loot because you wiped on it once and the chest won't unlock!

We downed it today..

Heres what we did

Kill order was Massey/Jorland/Medic

me and the two dps were near the stairs and killed Massey as he bounced back and forth as we ran forward and back for heals because of grenades..and than we went all in and zerged the Trooper boss while I had to heal like crazy and medic was easy.he did hit hard when he berserked...

we tried massey/medic/trooper but when both died he berserked at 20%

Chest bugged though <.>

Have your tank aggro the boss and move him away from the medic using los, then just ignore him while you kill the other two. If you one shot him the chest wont be bugged.

As long as the medic is dead you can heal through the other two even if they enrage.

Edited by KaiHeilos

Have your tank aggro the boss and move him away from the medic using los, then just ignore him while you kill the other two. If you one shot him the chest wont be bugged.

As long as the medic is dead you can heal through the other two even if they enrage.

For some reason the grenades One shot our group once he berserked.its quite unhealable to heal one shots

There is a skill curve on this boss. You must have good dps and a good healer. I have killed this boss on hardmode 4 times so far. The first time was rough trying to figure out what we wanted to do, but now we one shot him easily.

Everyone stays spread out for nades (5m+ i believe is necessary). You need an interrupt rotation on the healer and everyone kills healer first. You need 3 interrupters to ensure that he doesn't get a heal off. Once the healer goes down, dps immediately gets on massey. The tank does not chase Massey around, he just stays on Jorland (doing the most damage he can). If the tank chases Massey around, then he will surely take nade damage when he gets too close to one of the dps or the healer.

When killing Massey, make sure you stay spread out. I would not recommend more than 1 melee dps on this fight. Once Massey is down, you will not have much time until enrage. Blow everything you have and kill Jorland.

It is a dps race, you cannot stand on top of each other, and you cannot miss interrupts. If enrage is happening, your dps is not doing their job, or interrupts were not done correctly.

Massey -> Medic -> Jorland.

We got it perfected down to an art. 2 others burn down Massey, you watch Jorland's shield drop, focus on Medic. As MT, cycle between Jorland and Medic - throwing out interrupt to stop Medic from healing Massey. This also prevents the bug of being locked out ( until it's patched ) so failure can occur but you can jump right back in try again. Once Massey goes down, you just burn the medic while occasionally distracting Jorland to attack you. The healer I roll with has no issues with the grenades unless multiple people get hit by it - she could easily heal me or the bounty hunter without any real problem. Jorland's enrage usually kicks in at about 30-20% depending how well DPS is moving along and I can tank through that with Saber Ward and a Relic without taking much damage if any at all.

Tank - Jugg / me

DPS - Merc

DPS2 - Sniper

Heal - Operative

Mission is almost cake walk with little chance of failure.

Edited by tXHereticXt

The only place that grenades won't reach us is far away from the tank and dps can't get in range of boss

If your tank stands at max melee range and your healer is at max heal range, your healer wont be hit with grenades. If your dps can't survive the grenades then they'll just have to stay back and let the tank solo the boss, he doesn't have a lot of health.

When the adds are dead the only damage the tank takes is from Full Auto which can be interrupted, so really he shouldn't even need heals.

Edited by KaiHeilos

We do this fight a bit different, ignore Massey until the other two are dead.

Kill order: Boss/Medic/Massey

Massey does pretty trivial damage, the mechanic with the real potential to wipe your group is the Commanders grenades. I would suggest no more than 1 melee dps to minimize the chances of them sharing damage from the grenades. With 2 melee dps it becomes difficult for them to keep spread out enough to avoid sharing damage yet stay in range to whack on the kill target. Have the healer and the ranged dps stay away from each other a few meters to prevent sharing grenade damage among them as well.

Have dps go balls to the wall on Jorland right off the bat. Blow cooldowns on the pull and kill that guy asap. When he dies the amount outgoing damage drops significantly and the fight becomes much easier to heal.

The tank can taunt Massey away from the dps/healer while the Commander and healer die, but really it hardly matters. Massey really hits like a wet noodle, and can basically be ignored. We have even had Massey enrage on us before and run around whacking the dps/heals and still the damage was not life threatening with a healer.

The downside to this strat is that we have found that if you kill the Commander, yet somehow still wipe to the fight, the instance will bug. You will get locked out due to having killed the Commander, yet the daily will not get done and you certainly won't get to loot the chest. But regardless, the fight was much easier on our healer when we started doing it this way.

Good luck.

Hmm

I have tried with 2 groups on this.

Im playing Operative and i have a decent gear i suppose.

But i just seem to be abel to heal up the people as fast as needed even thou throw out the heals as quickly as i can and then im out of energy.

If someone gets 2 greanades at him my heals wont even hit him in time.

What am i doing wrong?

Dont know if i maybe is still focused abit to much on keeping the tank up.

Its really frustrating to be the one failing =/