Jedi/Sith power

Lord_Ricdel

Medichlorians really just determine the potential the person has to gain power, not the automatic power they have when they are born. It really depends on how hard they work to achieve it. If a Jedi or Sith really practice, but have a smaller connection than others, they can be just as good.

Cases like Sidious, Luke, Anakin and Yoda are special because they not only had lots of medi's but also utilized them very well. Sith have and easier path to power, they are able to achieve it more quickly, but a patient determined Jedi is more than a match for a headstrong Sith.

I hope that answers your question.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

The common knowledge is that midichlorian speak/control the force. They are the only connection one has to it. Thus, the amount of midichlorians a person has determines how force sensitive they are. Jedi like Luke an Yoda or Sith like Sidious or Vader have an extreme amount of midichlorians. Which means they dont have to draw as hard on the force as others when performings certain techniques. They have such a large amount of midichlorians that there will is easily conveyed to the force.

Sure a highly trained yet "moderately force sensitive" could over power/ destroy a poorly trained yet "strong force sensitive". But thats common sense.

Ok, forget the midichlorians here. Seriously, Force Power is not measured in midichlorians. That was something Lucas wrote into Episode I to try put a label on the Force. He has since retracted the whole mess. He basically had turned the Jedi into NOT just a Green Lantern Corps ripoff, but a GLC AND X-Men ripoff. That was a bit much for more traditional fans, me included. Luckily, you will never find another mention of them in Episodes II and III. Also, I do believe he frowns upon the use of that word in the ExU books.

Hell, I see that word and I think of some sort of plant. :p

Darth Plagueis claims that Midichlorians are just background noise and interference between a force user and the force itself, he seemed to know what he was talking about, Metachlorians also came up, but I can't really remember, it's all in the Plagueis novel anyway.

The Force is infinite so the potential in the Force is infinite. Having high Midichlorians just means you learn faster than someone with low Midichlorians because your connection is stronger with The Force. Anybody can be a jedi or sith but force-sensitives learn it faster than regular citizens.

Never thought about it before, but that almost suggests that Midis prefer the Dark Side... :p

Nope,but the dark side can influence midichlorians to do things which The Force does not like.

Edited by DarkCelestial

How do you define power? The reason I ask is because in the EU (ABY) while Luke is the most well-rounded Jedi and relatively powerful at everything, there are some Jedi who outclass even him in specific areas of Force manipulation.

the EU says that midichlorians have noting to do with the power of the force, one can have a lot of midichlorians, and no power, or a little midichlorians and have a lot of power, or anything in between

whats the EU, I always hear of it.

the EU says that midichlorians have noting to do with the power of the force, one can have a lot of midichlorians, and no power, or a little midichlorians and have a lot of power, or anything in between

so what is the point of midiclorians anyway then? -_-