Dire Juggernaut PvP 3: Warhero

Dire

Glad to see I'm not the only Vigilance/Vengeance Guard/Jugg that plays well left on Prop5. So many bad smashers atm.

LOL! I was thinking this yesterday. Everytime i slapped a Rager in the face after they miss their smash.

There's some bad ones but there's also some REALLY good ones. There's at least 7 or 8 really excellent Focus Guardians in my republic guild. The other day we ran a Rated War Zone group of 6 Focus Jedi Knights (Guardians and Sentinels) and we dominated people. I think some of the teams we were going up against were just random pick up groups but we were really unstoppable.

But yeah, my Vengeance Juggernaut is about to hit 50 soon. I've got the War Hero gear already made for him and it's just waiting for him to hit 50. I've also got 3100 Ranked War Zone comms saved up and I should probably hit the full 3500 tonight. By the time I hit 50 I'll be able to get my War Hero offhand and main hand and I'll have full war hero armor including custom belts and bracers. I'm looking forward impaling people right along with you!

I liked Dire 2 a bit more, but good video none the less.

Any chance you can get some 1v1s with Marauders/Sents in your next outing? I'm curious how Vengeance stacks up against Annihilation and Carnage specs... not that it matters with everyone playing Rage these days.

Funn you say that, sir. My next vid in production has many WH marauder solo's.

thanks for the feedback. My next vid looks like it may be out for halloween.

So I bumped into you in a war zone on my main. You put up a good fight, but how come you had 0 protection? You're not cycling your taunts? That's bad business bro. It's free medals and it helps your team!

If it was this week, I was probably watching Son of Anarchy while playing lol. I'm on season 3!

I usually put the brain power in on weekends. Sorry if i disappointed! :D

that sword... it's The Chopper right? made by armstechs? or one of those from commedations?

I like rage better because it's simpler to play. Enrage, charge, smash = big numbers all around. The strength with Vengeance is unstoppable, since you are immune to pushbacks.

So how would this spec work?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101zZsMrMR0zZhrRbdfMb.2 <-- 1/16/24

or

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZsMrMR0zZhrRbdfMo.2 <--- 2/16/23

the only difference being either 1/2 battle cry and 2/2 Shi-cho mastery or the other way around.

With this, you would be an unstoppable smash monkey. the downside is, you lose force crush as a move to generate shockwaves, leaving you with enrage and force choke only.

Edited by Fallerup

If it was this week, I was probably watching Son of Anarchy while playing lol. I'm on season 3!

I usually put the brain power in on weekends. Sorry if i disappointed! :D

haha... :D Well if it makes you feel any better you guys won the war zone. I was actually a little frustrated with you because I'm not used to people knowing how to play Vengeance. You did a good job of controlling my Focus Guardian and focus firing me. You've got solid skills.

I liked Dire 2 a bit more, but good video none the less.

Any chance you can get some 1v1s with Marauders/Sents in your next outing? I'm curious how Vengeance stacks up against Annihilation and Carnage specs... not that it matters with everyone playing Rage these days.

^ I was pretty much going to say this.

I enjoy the vids but would love to see how you handle some of the (competent) 1v1 specs that I struggle with.

Also I'm guessing you take Rampage? This confuses me a bit since the Veng rotation (completely opposite of Rage) gets kind of busy.

that sword... it's The Chopper right? made by armstechs? or one of those from commedations?

I like rage better because it's simpler to play. Enrage, charge, smash = big numbers all around. The strength with Vengeance is unstoppable, since you are immune to pushbacks.

So how would this spec work?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101zZsMrMR0zZhrRbdfMb.2 <-- 1/16/24

or

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZsMrMR0zZhrRbdfMo.2 <--- 2/16/23

the only difference being either 1/2 battle cry and 2/2 Shi-cho mastery or the other way around.

With this, you would be an unstoppable smash monkey. the downside is, you lose force crush as a move to generate shockwaves, leaving you with enrage and force choke only.

Those specs look interesting. I, personally am not a fan of hybrids because i have a strong belief that those specs were never intended to be strong so if they are they will change (eventually).

Rage is fun as hell though.

^ I was pretty much going to say this.

I enjoy the vids but would love to see how you handle some of the (competent) 1v1 specs that I struggle with.

Also I'm guessing you take Rampage? This confuses me a bit since the Veng rotation (completely opposite of Rage) gets kind of busy.

Rampage is definitely one of my top 3 favorite talents.

Ravage, when used appropriately, is undeniably a game changer in PvP. I use it with enough finesse that it keeps me doing well.

haha... :D Well if it makes you feel any better you guys won the war zone. I was actually a little frustrated with you because I'm not used to people knowing how to play Vengeance. You did a good job of controlling my Focus Guardian and focus firing me. You've got solid skills.

Thank you for the feedback.

Rampage is definitely one of my top 3 favorite talents.

Ravage, when used appropriately, is undeniably a game changer in PvP. I use it with enough finesse that it keeps me doing well.

You use ravage that often? I find I use it after a leap with the immobilization + uninteruptable status + Vindicator set bonus, but after that... not so much. Maybe I should sprinkle it in more. I'm always concentrating on Shatter and Impale + Force Scream.....

I am thinking of trying this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZfMrRrhddGRZMM.2

I used to take Payback for extra heal.

Basically I would wait on ravage which by default is 30 Seconds. Minus "Ravager" (-3 Seconds) = 27 Second Ravage.

With Rampage it can refresh Ravage (potentially) every ..... 6 seconds? Does that sound right? Do you use it *that* often?

P.S. I'm seriously thinking of trying this again even if my PVP guild wants to disown me.. I'm very sick of Smash right now and miss the subtlety, and mechanics of Vengeance!

Edited by Krozis

You use ravage that often? I find I use it after a leap with the immobilization + uninteruptable status + Vindicator set bonus, but after that... not so much. Maybe I should sprinkle it in more. I'm always concentrating on Shatter and Impale + Force Scream.....

I am thinking of trying this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZfMrRrhddGRZMM.2

I used to take Payback for extra heal.

Basically I would wait on ravage which by default is 30 Seconds. Minus "Ravager" (-3 Seconds) = 27 Second Ravage.

With Rampage it can refresh Ravage (potentially) every ..... 6 seconds? Does that sound right? Do you use it *that* often?

P.S. I'm seriously thinking of trying this again even if my PVP guild wants to disown me.. I'm very sick of Smash right now and miss the subtlety, and mechanics of Vengeance!

Rampage lowers the chance on this to 9 seconds - 3 seconds for each point after the first. Yes I definitely use it on cooldown. But I have a system not allowing to use it while there is a chance to be interrupted by KB, Stun etc. I mix in either force push to set up a second one if the target does not have defensive CD's up.

USUALLY the rotation goes like this

-Charge(or saber throw first if i can guarantee the GCD use)

-Ravage

-Impale(or Shatter if I was able to Saber Throw)

-Force Scream

-If impale/shatter reset the CD then I force push

-Saber throw

-Charge

-Ravage

-Shatter

-Force Scream

-Impale

-Impale Reset Ravage? = Ravage

Thats a typically good scenario. People don't usually last this long. Obviously consider using things like slows, chokes, interupts, fear etc..

Ravage

This is awesome. The extra inclusion of Ravage now and then has really improved my numbers.

I'm really enjoying the build again, and it's been nice moving away from Smash for a while... Unstoppable + Ravage on a stun bubbler who doesn't try to move because they think their bubble is going to save them is quite comical.

I'm not even seeing that many Veng spec Warriors right now in PVP so I think it catches them off guard. What would be nice to have (since BW have done this with other classes) is give a top teir Veng skill that adds AOE DMG reduction.

It doesn't put up smash numbers but I really enjoy the playstyle. Thanks for the solid advice and and putting a good light on the spec. Looking forward to your next video.

Rampage lowers the chance on this to 9 seconds - 3 seconds for each point after the first. Yes I definitely use it on cooldown. But I have a system not allowing to use it while there is a chance to be interrupted by KB, Stun etc. I mix in either force push to set up a second one if the target does not have defensive CD's up.

USUALLY the rotation goes like this

-Charge(or saber throw first if i can guarantee the GCD use)

-Ravage

-Impale(or Shatter if I was able to Saber Throw)

-Force Scream

-If impale/shatter reset the CD then I force push

-Saber throw

-Charge

-Ravage

-Shatter

-Force Scream

-Impale

-Impale Reset Ravage? = Ravage

Thats a typically good scenario. People don't usually last this long. Obviously consider using things like slows, chokes, interupts, fear etc..

Ravage

Im kinda thread stalking you atm but I am really curious where your Stats are sitting...Since 1.4 I dont want to be associated with Rage and Im trying to re-Itemize my gear...Im full WH plus a bank full of Parts Im just unsure where the "Sweet spot" is for Crit, Surge, Power, Accuracy, etc....

Right now Im @ 30% crit, 75% surge, and probably way high in accuracy at over 99%....I just didnt feel like spending money on mod swapping until I had info from someone that is established with the Veng spec...thanks in advance.

Edited by Soljin

Im kinda thread stalking you atm but I am really curious where your Stats are sitting...Since 1.4 I dont want to be associated with Rage and Im trying to re-Itemize my gear...Im full WH plus a bank full of Parts Im just unsure where the "Sweet spot" is for Crit, Surge, Power, Accuracy, etc....

Right now Im @ 30% crit, 75% surge, and probably way high in accuracy at over 99%....I just didnt feel like spending money on mod swapping until I had info from someone that is established with the Veng spec...thanks in advance.

This !

• 4 weeks later...