Need help picking a Jedi class

Victros

Hey guys,

I want to try playing a melee Jedi. I want to go pure DPS. I'm only playing solo (and possibly some easier group) PvE content, no PvP.

Problem is, I have a hand injury, so I need to keep things as slow and stationary as possible. Rapid button mashing isn't great. An easier rotation is ideal. So, for my low level of play, what are my best choices? Possibly Vigilance or Focus guardians?

Thanks!

You might actually be better off with a Shadow than any of the JK classes, as it does have more options for mid range attacks, reducing the amount of running up to people you need to do.

Also Shadow Stride IMO is a much better distance closer than force leap, especially with Stalker's Swiftness (I think it's called). I'd suggest Infiltration if you want to go this route

Given your issue with your hand, I'd avoid a Sentinel. All of the specs for it are pretty button-mashy and/or need some really precise timing. Concentration, particularly, is also really bloated with abilities, and this carries over to the Guardian-equivalent Focus. So I'd avoid that one too. Vigilance, on the other hand, isn't too tricky, and doesn't have a ton of abilities to manage (I can do my equivalent Juggernaut's main offensive rotation one-handed, no problem).

All that said, if you're cool doing the Consular story (it's also a Jedi class but isn't a "Knight", which could be a good thing, or could be a deal-breaker, your post wasn't really clear on whether that'd count for you), I'll echo that a Shadow, particularly if you play Infiltration, may be a great fit for you. As noted, with the Stalker's Swiftness perk at later levels, you actually won't have to sacrifice mobility because you can teleport to an enemy, defeat it in a couple hits, teleport to the next, etc, etc.

And thanks to Stealth a Shadow will, of course, also allow you to avoid "filler" combat, which may mean less strain for you as well.

Problem is, I have a hand injury, so I need to keep things as slow and stationary as possible. Rapid button mashing isn't great. An easier rotation is ideal. So, for my low level of play, what are my best choices? Possibly Vigilance or Focus guardians?

You sound as though you are a "key-binder" rather than a "clicker". If so, you might find it easier on your hand to switch to being a clicker - that is, using skills by clicking on them on skillbars, rather than pressing keys.

"Clickng" can be slower than keybinds, but for general PvE, it's works just fine**. The overall cool down rate gives you more than enough time to select skills by moving the cursor and clicking.

In any case, I can't think of there being a whole lot of difference in number of skills, etc, between Sentinel and Guardian. I used to enjoy my Sentinel, but lately I play my Guardian more, just for the taunts and the ability to play fake tank sometimes in vet FPs. (Although basically, 99% of the time I'm playing a Gunslinger, atm.)

** It can require some experimenting around with skill bar layout and size and mouse speed, to make 'clicking' go smoothly with your particular setup. Generally, you want the most used/important skills in a neat cluster. For example, I have 3 skillbars at the bottom of my UI, with the main skills clustered around a 4x3 grid.

Using 'clicking' I can play PvE, including flashpoints, with just my right hand. Like when my Chihuahua gets spooked by lightning and wants to curl up on my left arm while I play. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker