Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gelious
11.08.2019 , 06:13 AM | #421
I got a feeling both Ossus and Onslaugh on Rep side were made with Force Users classes in mind. It felt natural and appropriate when I run my JK through them.

However when I first went through with my Commando, I caught myself constantly thinking "why would my char, a soldier with no Force who never interacted with Jedi during her class story would care about Jedi Order as well as Arn's and Tau personal Jedi troubles. That's not her area of expertise and she's not qualified to offer any advices or insights."

And then they send her to help rebuild the Order...
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Raphael_diSanto
11.08.2019 , 07:54 AM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
I got a feeling both Ossus and Onslaugh on Rep side were made with Force Users classes in mind. It felt natural and appropriate when I run my JK through them.

However when I first went through with my Commando, I caught myself constantly thinking "why would my char, a soldier with no Force who never interacted with Jedi during her class story would care about Jedi Order as well as Arn's and Tau personal Jedi troubles. That's not her area of expertise and she's not qualified to offer any advices or insights."

And then they send her to help rebuild the Order...
Well, they do give you options to say you don't care about Jedi, or to stay silent during the Jedi parts. But ultimately, they're not asking a Knight, or a Consular, or a Trooper or a Smuggler - They're asking the Alliance Commander, whoever that happens to be.

It's not as if a Trooper or Smuggler doesn't have experience fighting Sith. All Republic characters fight a ton of Sith through the vanilla story, and you fight force users all over the galaxy after that. If you're pro-republic, helping the Jedi can only be a good thing. And if you're a saboteur, taking any opportunity to sabotage the Republic (by weakening the Jedi) is also a good thing.

Eanke
11.08.2019 , 08:22 AM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
I already posted my thoughts about Republic Onslaught here. By the end, Acina seemed indifferent to my SI killing 3 of her people..
Well Acina tells that Dark Council will do administrative work only, while everything military related will be moved to new Hand. So fate of councilors is hardly matter because they are no longer in charge of something important. I also think neither empress Acina nor empreror Vowrawn would live long enough. if empress was important for future story Bioware wouldn't let her die.

Gelious
11.08.2019 , 08:26 AM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanke View Post
. I also think neither empress Acina nor empreror Vowrawn would live long enough. if empress was important for future story Bioware wouldn't let her die.
This actually makes sense, now that the Dark Malgus is free. He's likely to kill Acina/Vowrawn and end the branching of the story.

Pity. I like Acina.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
11.08.2019 , 08:34 AM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanke View Post
Well Acina tells that Dark Council will do administrative work only, while everything military related will be moved to new Hand. So fate of councilors is hardly matter because they are no longer in charge of something important. I also think neither empress Acina nor empreror Vowrawn would live long enough. if empress was important for future story Bioware wouldn't let her die.
Really hope the writers leave Vowrawn alone. He's like literally the only character from the class stories who still appears regularly besides Malgus and to a lesser extent Jonas Balkar, feels nice having some established names around instead of Councils and military leadership filled with people you've never heard of, you'd think we'd have met most of the people experienced enough to currently be in the top brass back in our heyday. But then, I guess they already HAVE killed Vowrawn off now, sort of.

Eanke
11.08.2019 , 09:52 AM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
But then, I guess they already HAVE killed Vowrawn off now, sort of.
They did. There are too many 'can be killed' characters going around with all this branching. It would be hard to sustain it in long term, so Bioware should wrap everything rather soon to linear dealing with Tenebrae's plague or something. May be branching is just to show how chaotic things have become without eternal fleet keeping everyone in check, all while bigger threat somewhere under horizon.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
11.09.2019 , 09:04 AM | #427
Just been bringing my BH up to Onslaught this past few days, just finished Hearts and Minds, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where the heck I am meant to have previously met Darth Krovos? She greets me as if we are already acquainted when I never met her (On ANY toons) till now. Just for future runthroughs, which mission have I missed that I should do in the future so things make sense? You'd think they'd have a check in place to see if that character has actually met her or not instead of just assuming we all have, like in SoR there are different conversation options with Revan depending on whether or not that specific character bothered doing the mid-story Revan FP's as far as I remember, right?

Edit: Come to think of it, same goes for Admiral Aygo, my Rep characters all seem to know him already too, and my Imps seem aware of him at the least. Why?

Estelindis
11.09.2019 , 09:12 AM | #428
Just been bringing my BH up to Onslaught this past few days, just finished Hearts and Minds, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where the heck I am meant to have previously met Darth Krovos? She greets me as if we are already acquainted when I never met her (On ANY toons) till now. Just for future runthroughs, which mission have I missed that I should do in the future so things make sense? You'd think they'd have a check in place to see if that character has actually met her or not instead of just assuming we all have, like in SoR there are different conversation options with Revan depending on whether or not that specific character bothered doing the mid-story Revan FP's as far as I remember, right?

Edit: Come to think of it, same goes for Admiral Aygo, my Rep characters all seem to know him already too, and my Imps seem aware of him at the least. Why?
You meet them both via Kuat Drive Yards.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
11.09.2019 , 10:43 AM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
You meet them both via Kuat Drive Yards.
Whats that though? A flashpoint or what? I only play story so if something isn't purple, I usually miss it

Estelindis
11.09.2019 , 10:48 AM | #430
Whats that though? A flashpoint or what? I only play story so if something isn't purple, I usually miss it
Yes, it's a flashpoint. There isn't much of a story associated with it, but (as far as I remember) there is one cutscene starting the Republic version and another cutscene starting the Imperial version. You meet Aygo as a pub and Zasha Ranken and Krovos as an imp, plus (I think?) flight crews from galactic starfighter? You need to go to a not-so-commonly frequented part of the fleet that I visit so rarely that I can't even remember how to get there right now...
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~