Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gelious
10.31.2019 , 01:04 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
Pretty sure the Alliance does own Iokath. It definitely doesn't "join" the Republic at any point and I didn't hear Acina "claim" it from me.
No it doesn't. At best we share it with Empire or Republic. Should they decide they dont' want to share it with us anymore and send their full army to take it, we wouldn't be able to do much about it.

In reality of course, Bioware just not interested in exploring Iokath's current political situation, since they are too busy with faction war in othe places.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tashia View Post
the Alliance IS a friend to Scorpio -- at least mine is --
THAT would make an interesting plot twist -- and THEN the people who killed her would be upset -- but /shrug ..
that's what happens when you go full dark and kill everyone you "dislike "
Riiiiight. Because we killed Scorpio totally just because we disliked her, Its not like she deserved it somehow or anything... Poor Scorpio just wanted freedom who cares how she was getting to it....

That was sarcasm.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Gelious
10.31.2019 , 01:26 PM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Sure, bad wording. But they (atleast the republic does) make a point of saying we get the package deal only by joining their ranks. If we don't, we should still be at resource loss, correct? So why is Lana doing a 180 on her assessment?
So I got to that convo. Lana doesn't actually say anything about resources per se. She speaks only about military power, how you cant fight both factions at once. And in Onslaught, you have picked you side anyway, even if you don't become official part of it. So Lana didn't change her views or anything,
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.31.2019 , 03:09 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
No it doesn't. At best we share it with Empire or Republic. Should they decide they dont' want to share it with us anymore and send their full army to take it, we wouldn't be able to do much about it.
I don't believe it states that as a fact anywhere, so I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Gelious
10.31.2019 , 03:26 PM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
I don't believe it states that as a fact anywhere, so I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree.
Of course it isn't stated, but Acina was pretty adamant about getting Republic out of there, and then Theron mentiones how with the crystals from Umbara Iokath will be ours. I don't think Acina just packed and left the planet for us. So at the very best we have our Alliance base, and Acina have hers. and Force only knows if Republic is still there....

SerraShar
10.31.2019 , 03:32 PM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Of course it isn't stated, but Acina was pretty adamant about getting Republic out of there, and then Theron mentiones how with the crystals from Umbara Iokath will be ours. I don't think Acina just packed and left the planet for us. So at the very best we have our Alliance base, and Acina have hers. and Force only knows if Republic is still there....
Do you think they stole Tech from Iokath and thats what they are using (Or have used) to keep Malgus alive ?

Also..anyone though at that ending (On Imp) : Dr. gero strike again!
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

McBaal
10.31.2019 , 03:46 PM | #346
It doesn't matter who is in control of that ugly planet. The alliance got all the data about the Iokath technology, Empire and Republic do not. Alliance ships and troops now are armed and equipped with the most advanced technology in the galaxy, Empire and Republic are not. I think this was even mentioned in Lanas report. Empire and rEpublic have quantity, the alliance has quality. Most of the galaxys finest teamed up on Odessen, Acina / Vowrawn want them as de facto operational leaders of the empire aka "The hand" for a good reason. They are the best, they have proven it and whoever they support is at a huge advantage. So yeah, the alliance lost its eternal fleet. But Odessen is still one if not the most heavily fortified planet in the galaxy (thx to Oggurob and Iokath and also mentioned). Though a full out assault might be successfull, the casualties would be extraordinary. A planet at the edge of the galaxy is not worth such a bloodshed.
I hope we get a visual update of Odessen in the future, showing the time passed and results of our decision (rep / imp / alliance banners, additional defenses, a planetary shield generator, maybe a town and daily area etc.) I liked especially what Bioware did in case you join the republic. Odessen will get a seat in the senate and i get to rebuild the Jedi order? Yes sir! First: Free love for everyone! Made the reunion with Kira so much more enjoyable

SerraShar
10.31.2019 , 03:52 PM | #347
Quote: Originally Posted by McBaal View Post
It doesn't matter who is in control of that ugly planet. The alliance got all the data about the Iokath technology, Empire and Republic do not. Alliance ships and troops now are armed and equipped with the most advanced technology in the galaxy, Empire and Republic are not. I think this was even mentioned in Lanas report. Empire and rEpublic have quantity, the alliance has quality. Most of the galaxys finest teamed up on Odessen, Acina / Vowrawn want them as de facto operational leaders of the empire aka "The hand" for a good reason. They are the best, they have proven it and whoever they support is at a huge advantage. So yeah, the alliance lost its eternal fleet. But Odessen is still one if not the most heavily fortified planet in the galaxy (thx to Oggurob and Iokath and also mentioned). Though a full out assault might be successfull, the casualties would be extraordinary. A planet at the edge of the galaxy is not worth such a bloodshed.
I hope we get a visual update of Odessen in the future, showing the time passed and results of our decision (rep / imp / alliance banners, additional defenses, a planetary shield generator, maybe a town and daily area etc.) I liked especially what Bioware did in case you join the republic. Odessen will get a seat in the senate and i get to rebuild the Jedi order? Yes sir! First: Free love for everyone! Made the reunion with Kira so much more enjoyable
what about Zaakul though ? For those who decided to rule it .

Didn't we get anything from that stupid rock planet ? what about those annoying Bot-troopers ? There was a factory that popped them like candy! Why don't we fire it up and use those too? If only to make the side we are fighting suffer the ANNOYING Bot like we did..........

I walked last night in the cantina on Odessen, and found the ''THrone Room'' and it look destroyed.... tha heck happen to my throne room! (well it was never....I mean..come on..I made my own in my stronghold...)...
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

adormitul
10.31.2019 , 03:56 PM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
what about Zaakul though ? For those who decided to rule it .

Didn't we get anything from that stupid rock planet ? what about those annoying Bot-troopers ? There was a factory that popped them like candy! Why don't we fire it up and use those too? If only to make the side we are fighting suffer the ANNOYING Bot like we did..........

I walked last night in the cantina on Odessen, and found the ''THrone Room'' and it look destroyed.... tha heck happen to my throne room! (well it was never....I mean..come on..I made my own in my stronghold...)...
After you lost the fleet they decided to go the independence route. You gain nothing from them

Sarova
11.02.2019 , 07:58 PM | #349
FAT-OPEN-SPOILERS

Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Plenty. Along with [faction newbies], he and Lana are by your side most of the time and there's some good flirting and kiss at the end. I've been extremely pleased with the interactions.
I must have missed something significant because Theron was hardly in my story (romanced on my main - a sith inq who sided with the Empire for Ossus but kept her alliance in 6.0).

I finally got round to completing the 6.0 story tonight just to see exactly what happens at the end and found:

a) There's no end!
b) I had no idea for the most part what was supposed to be going on, especially during the Corellia flashpoint (that's not really a flashpoint)
c) I had very little interaction with Theron as my mains romance - I did the escape trick to try various options but it made no difference.
d) Was Onderon/Mek Sha meant to be a chapter type thing with more to come? If so, why didn't they make this clear? Why don't they release a "state of the universe" or "timeline of things to come" so people like me don't throw "it's all ****" tantrums and rage quit. If there's to be more, PLEASE TELL US!
e) Tharan Cedrax's comment on Theron (Shan) spelling his name "the stupid way" was hilarious. That made me want him in my alliance, so I kept him alive. I nearly re-subbed after that bit.
f) I thought the Scourge/Kira in-a-coma-for-years-because-emperor-corpse-plague was a bit of a weak way to explain their absence. It might, however, be interesting to see what becomes of that Satele-&-co-plague-boat-in-space malarky. Theron (Shan) better be involved in that.
g) I no longer want to kill major Anri - they've improved her voice & accent hugely. Thanks Devs.
h) Scourge and Kira having more than a two sentence return appearance made me dust off my dormant Jedi Guardian (I'd been saving in the hope of a Scourge romance) and start running her through the kotfe/kotet/etc/etc/etc slog.
i) I have no idea why my character sheet icon is constantly flashing at me in the menu bar. Anyone? Help me!
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Lunafox
11.02.2019 , 08:08 PM | #350
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
FAT-OPEN-SPOILERS

I must have missed something significant because Theron was hardly in my story (romanced on my main - a sith inq who sided with the Empire for Ossus but kept her alliance in 6.0).

I finally got round to completing the 6.0 story tonight just to see exactly what happens at the end and found:

a) There's no end!
b) I had no idea for the most part what was supposed to be going on, especially during the Corellia flashpoint (that's not really a flashpoint)
c) I had very little interaction with Theron as my mains romance - I did the escape trick to try various options but it made no difference.
d) Was Onderon/Mek Sha meant to be a chapter type thing with more to come? If so, why didn't they make this clear? Why don't they release a "state of the universe" or "timeline of things to come" so people like me don't throw "it's all ****" tantrums and rage quit. If there's to be more, PLEASE TELL US!
e) Tharan Cedrax's comment on Theron (Shan) spelling his name "the stupid way" was hilarious. That made me want him in my alliance, so I kept him alive. I nearly re-subbed after that bit.
f) I thought the Scourge/Kira in-a-coma-for-years-because-emperor-corpse-plague was a bit of a weak way to explain their absence. It might, however, be interesting to see what becomes of that Satele-&-co-plague-boat-in-space malarky. Theron (Shan) better be involved in that.
g) I no longer want to kill major Anri - they've improved her voice & accent hugely. Thanks Devs.
h) Scourge and Kira having more than a two sentence return appearance made me dust off my dormant Jedi Guardian (I'd been saving in the hope of a Scourge romance) and start running her through the kotfe/kotet/etc/etc/etc slog.
i) I have no idea why my character sheet icon is constantly flashing at me in the menu bar. Anyone? Help me!
I didn't have so much Theron in mine either and what I did have made me sad, but that's likely owing to some of the choices I've made throughout. I hope I get to improve things with him. And some things did seem off and missing endings and resolutions. Not sure if that's how it was intended or because it's bugged.

As for your armour icon flashing...have you a piece of armour that took a lot of damage? Have you repaired all your pieces? That's the only reason mine has ever blinked...
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house