Amplifier Question

Sazodeha

"Successful" mods lower your chance of failure on missions. You know how when you send out a level 8 companion on an orange highlighted Scavenging mission they come back sometimes having failed? These amplifiers make the chances of that, lower. They do not affect critical chance (there are other amplifiers that are supposed to do that, in crafting crew skills) but your companion level does. As far as I know they work on missions only. If they work at all. There is some debate on that point. Edited by StockThorax

I'm not sure even the devs know. 🙂

It may mostly affect the results from Scavenging missions, rather than 'gathering', but who knows. 🤔

It does only work for scavenging missions. In fact it says so in the description when you hover over the mod (has to be slotted in gear to see it). For gathering manually that is another amplifier named "resourceful" and that works for all gathering rather than just one type.

I fully understand that the success part is relative to whether the companion succeeds or fails on the mission. But I was also wondering if there was maybe a factor that affected the chance of "Critical Success" necessary to obtain a purple MAT.

Thing is, I have been through all the possible amplifiers and there does not seem to be any particular amplifier that directly affects the chance of "Critical success" for purple MAT on missions. At least not directly spoken. Correct me if I am wrong, please, I would love to know, as I need an amplifier to effect that. Purple MATs are a pain in the *&^%$ to acquire and I am looking for any way to increase the chances of success from whatever source!!!

Does anyone know??:(

I fully understand that the success part is relative to whether the companion succeeds or fails on the mission. But I was also wondering if there was maybe a factor that affected the chance of "Critical Success" necessary to obtain a purple MAT.

Thing is, I have been through all the possible amplifiers and there does not seem to be any particular amplifier that directly affects the chance of "Critical success" for purple MAT on missions. At least not directly spoken. Correct me if I am wrong, please, I would love to know, as I need an amplifier to effect that. Purple MATs are a pain in the *&^%$ to acquire and I am looking for any way to increase the chances of success from whatever source!!!

Does anyone know??:(

If you are asking, does the increased chance of success, because its pushing failures off the result table, make crit outcomes more likely, then the answer is, probably not.

However, the lower chance of failure does end up, in the long run, saving you money because you will have more tangible materials in the long run. A stack of ten actual greens mats and 5 blues is already worth more than the 10 green jawa scrap and 5 blue jawa scrap from a failure since the price is 1 grade 11 mat::200 jawa scrap. Given how horrible and absurd 6.0 crafting is, having more of the green and blue mats is useful.

For non-primary amps, I generally try to choose things that result in more money in my pocket: Repair Cost, Durable Equipment, Frequent Flyer, Successful [blank], Mission Reward.

For non-primary amps, I generally try to choose things that result in more money in my pocket: Repair Cost, Durable Equipment, Frequent Flyer, Successful [blank], Mission Reward.

Stim longevity on mods seems to be the best credit saver given the cost of crafted consumables. I tend to go for pvp/flashpoint/ops rewards on armor shells for the extra renown points (more tech fragments over time). I keep separate sets for crafting and gathering professions.

Edited by StockThorax

Stim longevity on mods seems to be the best credit saver given the cost of crafted consumables. I tend to go for pvp/flashpoint/ops rewards on armor shells for the extra renown points (more tech fragments over time). I keep separate sets for crafting and gathering professions.

Depends on the stim. If they increase power, mastery or endurance, they are useless in most content. They only work in level 75 content, which is uncapped.

Depends on the stim. If they increase power, mastery or endurance, they are useless in most content. They only work in level 75 content, which is uncapped.

Only useful dps ones in capped content are the crit + accuracy ones. It’s such a shame we can’t make alacrity ones.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Only useful dps ones in capped content are the crit + accuracy ones. It’s such a shame we can’t make alacrity ones.

Indeed, but then I think that BW making endgame mostly capped at 70 instead of raising it to 75 is a massive mistake. Mind you, that's the lesser option for me. I wish they'd stop with these level cap raises. They serve no purpose other than for the sake of it. They haven't added anything as far as adding new things to the leveling experience. I just wish they'd stop raising the level cap. In fact it should've been left at 50 afaic. I've seen zero benefits of the level cap raises and it causes all sorts of problems for them to rebalance content.

Edited by Tsillah

Let me try and swindle the conversation back on topic. So then to you all, I ask the question: Is there anything at all that will help bring up the %chance of crit success on receiving a purple MAT??

Mainly, there are many craftable items that require purple MATs, and on market, it's far too costly to purchase. Id rather farm or mission them myself

Let me try and swindle the conversation back on topic. So then to you all, I ask the question: Is there anything at all that will help bring up the %chance of crit success on receiving a purple MAT??

Mainly, there are many craftable items that require purple MATs, and on market, it's far too costly to purchase. Id rather farm or mission them myself

Ahh well, there's only one type that affects scavenging missions and it doesn't seem to affect the crit rating, so I don't think that there is such an amplifier.

However, the Resourceful amplifier does increase the chances of getting more mats (bonus yield) and that does affect the chances of getting purples as well when gathering yourself. The Resourceful amplifier is available on the shells of gear and trinkets.

ALL those amplifiers affecting resources are broken. None of them work. Don't waste your shekels.

There is, in fact, no verifiable way to prove that any of the Amplifiers actually work.

All good points, I did forget about stim longevity. I do use that on my characters that do not have biochem 700.

There is, in fact, no verifiable way to prove that any of the Amplifiers actually work.

That’s not true. I have a thread showing the repair costs change with that amp. You can also see your stim time remaining change when you use that amplifier. You can also see time for crew skill missions change with the efficiency amps.

However, I also have a thread showing that presence amplifiers do not work. And it is hard to verify that any amp that depends on randomness has an effect... especially the critical crafting amps.

ALL those amplifiers affecting resources are broken. None of them work. Don't waste your shekels.

The only Amplifier that I see some increase is Mount speed. For the heck of it I got all the yellow mount speed amps and I definitely can outrun anyone else.

But I'm 99.9% sure the +crit crafting amps don't work at all.

Does the Amplifier "Successful Scavenging ", which says increase the chance of success, increase the chance of critical success? Or better your chance for purple MATs?

The 'successful' amps only affect the RNG failure rate of the specified mission skill, not the rewards of that mission.

In the relevant testing /discussion threads, I do not recall anyone specifically noting 'crit' yields during testing, but given the wide range of numbers involved this would be harder to quantify with any certainty. It has been noted that short of wealthy missions, the numbers seem to indicate that each rank (green /blue /purple) has its own normal /crit yield (ie: having all 3 crit at the same time would be rare).

As even grey missions run by i50 comps have a set failure rate by mission difficulty (rich having the highest failure rate), this amplifier does indeed affect the frequency of mission failures. If the mission is still showing as color coded (red/yellow/etc), then the potential failure rates are multiplied, and the success amp(s) does help to mitigate (note: mitigate, not eliminate) that.

And it is hard to verify that any amp that depends on randomness has an effect... especially the critical crafting amps.

This has already been tested and the results posted in other threads. the short version is that while they do work, practical testing shows that +crit to crafting is not working as stated, and we are only seeing about 3/5 of the stated crit (+5% crit is only yielding 3%). Last I checked, the devs are still remaining silent on this proven inconsistency.

As to the harvesting bonuses (+x% Resourceful), that were also revealed to only be working on G11 nodes.

- Dev's are also remaining silent on requests to make this apply to lower grade nodes as well.

- Related note: the 'quick harvesting' guild perk only applies to character node harvesting, not companion node harvesting.

But I'm 99.9% sure the +crit crafting amps don't work at all.

they do work, you just have to understand the relationships

the short version is:

+crit vs skill level vs item difficulty vs RNG

- difficulty = grey /green /yellow /red

If you are able to stack:

+ guild perk(s)

+ fortune perk set bonus

+ professional training

+ full set of max crafting amps

it is all still subject to all that is listed in the 'short version' above for results, but the overall results are very noticeable.

Edited by Kaveat

it is all still subject to all that is listed in the 'short version' above for results, but the overall results are very noticeable.

I've never actually tested numbers but I have had a full cybertech critical/efficiency set for months. If I wear the set, I get around 50% more crafted things. For example, I'll queue up 40 fibrolite cyber processor and consistently get 58-62. All level 50 companions at this point.

If I forget to wear the armor set with the cybertech buffs, I consistently get 50-53.

That's anecdotal, but it's enough to have convinced me... they work. When people tell me they don't work I dont even bother arguing... just try it for yourself you will see the difference.

So explain to me why sometimes when I wear all +9 crit crafting amps, I'll get more results than not and sometimes when I don't wear all +9 crit crafting amps, I get more results than if I do?

Shouldn't it be when wearing the amplifiers you ALWAYS get more?

Two terms:

RNG

BioWare Magicâ„¢

Here's my question

etc.

Is that healing received or healing cast?

You actually answered your own question. The healing is done which is the same as casting and not received so these are amplifiers for healers that do the healing if you will.

Thats what I thought. I just wanted to make sure as my toons start finetuning their 306 gear over the next few months.

Yeah better to be sure, cause it's quite an investment in credits those amplifiers. I do not want to know what it cost me so far lol.