Waste of mods of ugly armor

RikHar

I'm sure you guys already know this but since this is my first time I'd like to know a bit more about this matter. I ran a Flashpoint where I picked up a piece of armor with level 56 mods. I didn't like the armor so I took off the 3 mods which cost about 25k each to put into my current armor. The thing is, it didn't let me.

So, is this the way it normally is where you can't use the mods from the flashpoints armor to use on your current (regular) armor?

The thing is the majority of the armor in the game is so ugly that when you finally find something you like, you want to use it with better mods. But you can't? The mods on the flashpoint armor were level 56.

Thanks

What type of armor can you switch these mods into? Honestly, the games armor designers need to go back to basic fundamentas or something in order to design better looking armor 'cause the current ones are atrocious. I don't get why you can't switch the mods on them. On top of the fact they're ridiculously expensive to switch, you can't do it either?

Edited by RikHar

The only kind of gear you can transfer mods into is the customisable armor that has an orange border around it. I have seen comments on the forums that a few purple items also allow you to transfer mods to them as well, but the purples I have found just go on the GTN so I have no idea about the modding of them.

Are you trying to move the armoring?

Note that some of the end-game armoring can only be put into items of the same type, as an example chest armoring could only be put into another chest, not leggings. This is to stop players from only getting the cheap/easy pieces and using those mods for all of their gear.

Other than that, you can put the mods into any orange shell with those types of slots, and some of the purple gear.

Are you trying to move the armoring?

Note that some of the end-game armoring can only be put into items of the same type, as an example chest armoring could only be put into another chest, not leggings. This is to stop players from only getting the cheap/easy pieces and using those mods for all of their gear.

Other than that, you can put the mods into any orange shell with those types of slots, and some of the purple gear.

I wasted almost 150,000 credits taking out 3 purple 56 mods off the flashpoint leggings as well as one 51 and two 50 purples off the armor I had.

So I need to transfer them to the same type armor piece in order for it to work then. Like chest to chest and pants to pants. Wish I had known this before, could of saved me a ton of credits.

Thanks to all for responses.

It's only the Armoring that has that restriction. Enhancements and Mods can be put in anything...

And even this is only for armoring that is part of a set bonus right? I mean I haven't tried, but I could put some Might Armoring 10 in my WH chestpiece, but not vice versa correct?