Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it just me, or does EC SM need nerfing again?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is it just me, or does EC SM need nerfing again?

Debilatorrex
11.15.2017 , 05:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
I think at some point we players need to recognize that if we can't do something it's on us to get better and not on the game to become easier (again...).
THIS, so much THIS, it does not mean that if you cant beat it that its overtuned!! Bioware messed up with the leveling proccess big time, it produces players that have no idea about the endgame.

nepochop
11.15.2017 , 06:04 AM | #12
I mean, when did this actually start?? I dont remember anyone asking for nerfs on Operation content back in the days?? When was it that people started coming to forums complaining Boss X is to hard, nerf it??

The game was fine the way it was before. The difficulty was perfect and idea based on the gear which was at the disposal at the time. Now there was a bit of tunning due to level scaling of old operations (some of it going wild "looking at Raptus HM") but rest is OK.

Its really OK, the problem is not the operation, but......something else........

TerminatorRexy
11.15.2017 , 06:06 AM | #13
Posts like this just crank me up!

But seriously NO!!! Just NO!!

GilbertoSilva
11.15.2017 , 06:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewAlberts View Post
I tried running EC SM through GF. It was one of the most insufferable, nightmarish times I have ever had. I accept that EC's bosses may require more thinking than the average raid, but some things still need changing imo. The electric arcs Stormcaller spits out and the enrage timers for the minefield droids have to go. They have NO place in SM and my raid couldn't tell the difference between SM and Master Mode. I am starting to see why EC is so unpopular in comparison to other ops.
Dear OP,

I will try to be soft on ya. ARE KIDDING ME??? No thanks, we had already more than enough nerfs in this games. Its already time for some damage buffs aka Master Mode Chapters style!!

DagobertDucky
11.15.2017 , 06:16 AM | #15
Is it just me
Yes, it is.....

Exocor
11.15.2017 , 06:54 AM | #16
my raid couldn't tell the difference between SM and Master Mode.
So, with a few minutes more room to think about your post, maybe I can give you a short impression, what Master Mode is like:

Zorn and Toth:
Storymode: Tank both Drouks together
Master Mode: Tank swap mechanic, Dots are stacking up until cleanse, Frightened-Debuff, Drouks are stacking up, if near to each other + Enrage Timer

Firebrand and Stormcaller:
Storymode: You just have to tank the bosses, one heal/DPS has to run out of stupid, rest place themselves on the tanks, AoE the Trandos in the Defense-System-Phase
Master Mode: Double Destruction, Armor Destruction, No AoE under shield, due to shield ist destroyable, Healer/DPS has to cleanse Debuff while running around + really tight Enrage timer

Minefield:
Storymode: Kill Mine Probes, don't run into stupid, deactivate 3 mines in a row
Master Mode: Interrupt Mine Probes, Cleanse Dots, Kill Mine Probes within Enrage, just one deactivation per Mine Probe, Colonel Vorgath also has an Enrage timer

Kephess:
Storymode: Kill Droids, Kill Trandos, Kill Walker, Kill Kephess, oh, surprise, Tank swap at Kephess
Master Mode: Interrupt Droids, Reflect Shield @ Trandos, Short Duration until Baradium Bombers have to fall, handle orange dots, Kephess goes Berserk, when you just face-tank him, tank-swap is more difficult as in storymode, game over in final phase, if more then two players have died + Hard Enrage @Kephess and damage check @Walker

We just did 16man SM EC with 8 players some weeks ago and we only hit enrage at Firebrand & Stormcaller when four of us had died stupidly. We even used this raid to level non-70'ers. It was ridiculously "undertuned".
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

merovejec
11.15.2017 , 07:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
So, with a few minutes more room to think about your post, maybe I can give you a short impression, what Master Mode is like:

Zorn and Toth:
Storymode: Tank both Drouks together
Master Mode: Tank swap mechanic, Dots are stacking up until cleanse, Frightened-Debuff, Drouks are stacking up, if near to each other + Enrage Timer

Firebrand and Stormcaller:
Storymode: You just have to tank the bosses, one heal/DPS has to run out of stupid, rest place themselves on the tanks, AoE the Trandos in the Defense-System-Phase
Master Mode: Double Destruction, Armor Destruction, No AoE under shield, due to shield ist destroyable, Healer/DPS has to cleanse Debuff while running around + really tight Enrage timer

Minefield:
Storymode: Kill Mine Probes, don't run into stupid, deactivate 3 mines in a row
Master Mode: Interrupt Mine Probes, Cleanse Dots, Kill Mine Probes within Enrage, just one deactivation per Mine Probe, Colonel Vorgath also has an Enrage timer

Kephess:
Storymode: Kill Droids, Kill Trandos, Kill Walker, Kill Kephess, oh, surprise, Tank swap at Kephess
Master Mode: Interrupt Droids, Reflect Shield @ Trandos, Short Duration until Baradium Bombers have to fall, handle orange dots, Kephess goes Berserk, when you just face-tank him, tank-swap is more difficult as in storymode, game over in final phase, if more then two players have died + Hard Enrage @Kephess and damage check @Walker

We just did 16man SM EC with 8 players some weeks ago and we only hit enrage at Firebrand 6 Stormcaller when four of us had died stupidly. We even used this raid to level non-70'ers. It was ridiculously "undertuned".
I think the OP is right, SM and MM definitely seem very very similar
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040