Maintenance: October 20, 2020

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on October 20, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.4.

Details:

DATE: October 20, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1300 - 1600 UTC)

VERSION: 6.1.4

Patch notes will be available on Monday, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

So glad yet another set of unneeded gear is being pushed live over the protests of nearly everyone who bothered expressing an opinion.

It's always like this. I don't even bother hoping for any different outcome anymore. Whatever they announce, will stay, regardless of anyone's opinion. Period. Welcome to SWTOR!

I stopped chasing gear a long time ago. And I enjoy the game much more since.

Oh I'm not chasing these. I refused to get 252/8 gear when it came out, take a look at my post history.

That doesn't mean I'm going to be happy with their continued use of gear to fill content gaps or attempt to shoehorn people into preferred content in wanton disregard of "play your way".

I have 32 days left. Show me why I should pay again, BW.

Oh I'm not chasing these. I refused to get 252/8 gear when it came out, take a look at my post history.

That doesn't mean I'm going to be happy with their continued use of gear to fill content gaps or attempt to shoehorn people into preferred content in wanton disregard of "play your way".

I have 32 days left. Show me why I should pay again, BW.

I pay because I enjoy the game. That and the new content coming soon.

I pay because I enjoy the game. That and the new content coming soon.

I have been a sub since sometime in 2012. Wasn't a founder but wasn't far off either, and haven't had a gap in sub of more than a few hours since then.

They haven't lost me yet, but I need them to do something about the lack of a level 75 casual endgame other than throw in new augments that im supposed to rely on their "incredible" market to obtain. I've stuck around through many bad decisions. This might be the straw that breaks this camels back, but they still have time to change it.

I havent actually played in over a month now. What is there to do that rewards me something I can use and that I havent done 5000000 times over?

I have been a sub since sometime in 2012. Wasn't a founder but wasn't far off either, and haven't had a gap in sub of more than a few hours since then.

They haven't lost me yet, but I need them to do something about the lack of a level 75 casual endgame other than throw in new augments that im supposed to rely on their "incredible" market to obtain. I've stuck around through many bad decisions. This might be the straw that breaks this camels back, but they still have time to change it.

I havent actually played in over a month now. What is there to do that rewards me something I can use and that I havent done 5000000 times over?

Personally I like the stories enough that I'd replay them, do dailies, fps, heroics, ops there's plenty to do especially if you have a guild. Like I said new stories are coming soon too but if you're bored of the current endgame stuff then there's not much to say.

So glad yet another set of unneeded gear is being pushed live over the protests of nearly everyone who bothered expressing an opinion.

Wanting MMORPG developers to stop releasing new tiers of gear is like wanting sun to stop rising. It's true that tripe A MMORPGs usually release new tiers of gear together with pletora of new content, but this is SWTOR, the only "AAA" MMORPG that releases content with frequency of a bad indie developer.

Edited by black_pyros

Wanting MMORPG developers to stop releasing new tiers of gear is like wanting sun to stop rising. It's true that tripe A MMORPGs usually release new tiers of gear together with pletora of new content, but this is SWTOR, the only "AAA" MMORPG that releases content with frequency of a bad indie developer.

I'm perfectly happy with new gear tiers provided it comes with a "major expansion" - i.e. i was perfectly fine with the leap at 6.0 launch. Now, what's the point? There is actually even less new content coming with these augments than there was with 252/8 and Ossus. As I said then, releasing new gear tiers without rescaling literally every in game encounter is utterly pointless at best, and antagonistic at worst. I just want new gear to have a legitimate purpose. But I lost the battle then, and I'm losing this battle too. So I am reaching the conclusion that BW does not value my continued support. I would like for them to prove me wrong.

I have done every story in this game, every aligment, gender, romance, whatever. I have done most of these multiple times over. The LS jedi knight story being my favorite, I have done it upwards of 40 times. The story remains the best content in the game, but I have beaten it to death at this point. Yes, it's good. But i'm not going to remain subscribed for a story I have done nearly 50 times over.

And they still refuse to address the fact that there is literally no level 75 casual endgame. The casual endgame consists of grinding old content for gear you won't fully benefit from anyway, because the content you're likely able to do is downscaled. So what's the point? This has been my big hangup since 6.0, is not likely to ever be addressed, and they keep antagonizing it.

Amplifiers, the "too small to matter except in min-maxing" addition are still with us totally unchanged as well. This was utterly ridiculous in sheer concept. If something is able to be "min-maxed" it is able to be quantitatively optimized, and thus, matters by definition. If they were so small as to be quantitively irrelevant, no time would have been wasted on them to begin with.

Also, with 6.0 launch they came up with a system of lateral gearing. Why release new tiers when they could release new gear without new ilevels?

BW sure can release gear no one asked for, but can't address even the simplest of actual problems? This is supposed to motivate me to continue supporting them?

There's a few issues with this, they are just augments, targeting at a small group of people who'll actually need them (others may want them, but that's a choice), they're doing it in such a way as to make them near impossible to get without a huge bankroll or a NIM team behind you. They are releasing it as if it was a big update that will amaze everyone.....pfft. And I'm sure the list can go on, we've already seen the lists on the other posts. Been here about as long as kendra, not a founder, unfortunately, missed out on that, but am close, and have never left me sub drop.

But with everything that has happened over the last few months, I've begun to wonder why I bother.

I have been looking at other games, but the thought of starting from scratch is a killer :/

There's a few issues with this, they are just augments, targeting at a small group of people who'll actually need them (others may want them, but that's a choice), they're doing it in such a way as to make them near impossible to get without a huge bankroll or a NIM team behind you. They are releasing it as if it was a big update that will amaze everyone.....pfft. And I'm sure the list can go on, we've already seen the lists on the other posts. Been here about as long as kendra, not a founder, unfortunately, missed out on that, but am close, and have never left me sub drop.

But with everything that has happened over the last few months, I've begun to wonder why I bother.

I have been looking at other games, but the thought of starting from scratch is a killer :/

No one actually needs these, any more than anyone needed 252/8 because the content is completable without them. It's just meaning that, once again, I either can't pvp or do so with a known understanding that I have a disadvantage from the start.

I have been starting other games - FF14 and despite the bad reviews and bugs, Marvel's Avengers is still better than SWTOR. I mean at least it's new, for one thing. And they've addressed their biggest issues with crashing and bugs in less than a month. Oh and by the way, BW, they also have made significant changes based on player feedback in a timely manner, not after years of players moaning about the same issues.

The patch notes I just read on the launcher could do with some proofreading, especially the point that apparently 750 is less than 600.

Example: “Crafting: Aid the War Effort” is now worth 750 points (down from 600)

EDIT: the website ones are the same.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Indeed, there are some Conquest numbers that don't really make sense, i.e "Uprisings: Master Weekly" giving way, way less points compared to "Uprisings: Story Weekly", I think you simply swapped the numbers there.

All in all I am quite happy with the listed changes except for one very big thing. The way you present it in the patchnotes it seems that for the Conquest Level Bracket Changes you intend to make the "Planet: Mission Complete" objectives only available to the 10-49 bracket. If this is truly the case and every character above the level 49 bracket is excluded from that objective after the patch, I will be extremely unhappy. You basically want to diminish high/max level characters from doing Conquest on the earlier planets and I think this is a very bad idea regarding planet population. It is also very counterintuitive when it comes to level scaling and keeping earlier worlds useful.

Edited by Phazonfreak

No one actually needs these,

That's the problem, if everyone in the game said no, and didn't get them, yes I'd agree. BUT we all know pvp'rs are going to get them, so others will have to, especially in ranked where every point counts, and especially as it's extremely competitive.

The patch notes I just read on the launcher could do with some proofreading, especially the point that apparently 750 is less than 600.

Example: “Crafting: Aid the War Effort” is now worth 750 points (down from 600)

EDIT: the website ones are the same.

You mean the patch notes are actually up on time :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm shocked....well maybe not, that's probably why they are wrong, they didn't read them...lol :D:D:D:D

"Changes to squelch have been made across the galaxy. Squelched players will no longer be prevented from talking in guild, group, or ops chats. Additionally, players may be squelched only on the origin worlds and still able to talk in other planet chats."

So people can be <redacted> on one planet, and move on to another.....:rolleyes:

The duration of all in-game pop-up notifications has been shortened.

Give us an option to turn the &%$£ing thing off....

Edited by DarkTergon

Thanks BioWare for all the BUG FIXES & stuff .... especially for THIS: "Corrected an issue preventing players from receiving and opening rewards in the Colicoid War Games Flashpoint."

Better late than never! :D

(seriously though, looking forward to running it more often cuz it's actually pretty fun ... Oh but, does this also mean it will now show-up in the 'groupfinder' List? )

Edited by Nee-Elder

Pretty lengthy set of "ptach" notes but no mention of fixing AP PT's Lode/Energy Blast issue. If you have any lodes before entering a phase energy blast will remain highlighted at 4 and will not dissipate forcing the player to manually remove the buff icon and having to rebuild lodes from start. Makes the class feature to use Recharge and Reload to build 4 stacks of lodes prefight null and void.