Kinect Star Wars

Tarbacca

I've heard nothing but bad things from review sites. Most complaints revolve around the lame single-player campaign. They've said the dancing bit is actually fun, though, if you can endure cheesiness.

I actually just got my Kinect Star Wars Xbox delivered and can't wait to give it a spin.

I've heard nothing but bad things from review sites. Most complaints revolve around the lame single-player campaign. They've said the dancing bit is actually fun, though, if you can endure cheesiness.

I actually just got my Kinect Star Wars Xbox delivered and can't wait to give it a spin.

Wait...that dacing vid that was shown on April 1st....was actually part of the game !?

Wow...and I was actually thinking on buying that game....I thank you greatly good Sir.

I got it today and have been playing it for a little while now. Let me fill you in on my opinions and experience:

* It is fun an entertaining (more so with another person), however is not a game that you would play all the time, or if you're looking for intense story.

* It is pretty freaking awesome to use lightsabers and the force yourself, however Kinect is not perfect and it can be kind of frustrating sometimes.

* Playing it in moderation, you will probably be able to get a decent amount of enjoyable game time out of it. However, playing hardcore and blowing through the game as if it were any other game, you could probably beat it all in a day or so.

* It seems to try to balance between younger player and older player appeal, however if you like more adult games specifically, you may not enjoy this game too much.

* Finally, some mini-games on there seem silly or stupid (i.e the dancing one), however it is still ****** to be a jedi. Also, playing as a Rancor is awesome too.

Edited by Mallonee

• 1 month later...
I need a quick answer while I'm here at the store: are the dance portions optional, or are you required to play through them? A boy band-stepping Han Solo makes or breaks this purchase.

Optional.

• 5 weeks later...
I would get it if the lightsaber fighting part of it worked, most things I read say it don't work

I finally gave in and bought it. It's fun, though you definitely have patience with the controls. The saber fighting works well enough, it's just that it only recognizes swipes as horizontal or vertical. I discovered that you can actually hold a saber in your hand when you play, which (for me) increases the fun factor. Your avatar also recognizes whether you're swinging one- or two-handed. But most importantly (for me, anyway!), the game lets you choose left- or right-handed gameplay!

Surprisingly, the most entertaining mode is the podracing. The controls are pretty accurate. And it's fun using your speed boost. Kinda reminds me of Tekwar :-)