Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

3 things that define your "style"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
3 things that define your "style"

ShallowHal
11.02.2015 , 02:30 PM | #11
1) I tend to use multiple ships in the same match a lot. For example, at the start of a Domination match, I'm almost always in my tensor scout trying to cap satellites ASAP. Unfortunately, I'm a terrible offensive scout, so this usually means I usually end up dead soon. Then I usally transition to whatever bomber seems to be less in use - if there's a bunch of hyperspace beacons out there, then I'm in my healing bomber, if there aren't, I look to see which satellites we're assaulting and try to get a hyperspace beacon between the two or near the one with the most action.

2) I fly gunships sometimes, but I'm really not good at them at all.

3) I don't play for kills at all. Even with my gunships, I tend to spend most of my time trying to debuff other ships with ion railgun, so I tend to get more assists than kills. But in a Domination match, I'm usually the guy guarding the satellite with no action because that's not a job people generally want to do and it's a pretty crucial job if you care more about winning than stats.

Generally speaking, I'm more of a support guy than a killer and tend to gravitate towards those type of ships. I aim like a Stormtrooper.
Referral code for returning subscribers or brand new accts
http://www.swtor.com/r/6xq5Vn

Bolo_Yeung
11.02.2015 , 03:13 PM | #12
1. EMP missile fanboy - got it equipped on any ship that can have it
2. Doogfight addict - even on GS. With mixed results - some kill-greedy scouts met a nasty surprise... some saved engine energy needed for chasing )
3. Have double missile GS in my hangar as one of main ships

Ramalina
11.02.2015 , 03:18 PM | #13
1) Unofficial objectives. I tend to set weird priorities and fly with a focus on them. As examples: get Ion-Retro-Concussion kills on gunships, or get kills with Rocket Pods in turning dogfights, or kill all drones on B fast enough that none of the new players on my team get hit by any drone damage when within 15 km of B. "Screw victory, those railgun drones will not touch my noobs!" This does occasionally result in games where at the end I ask myself, "Wait, why did I think spending the whole match doing that was a good idea?"

2) Irrational love of flying strike fighters.

3) Overuse of Ion guns. I get kills with Ion Cannon and Ion Railgun, and it's not always just because I'm fooling around. My highest kill count on a GS was from a game where I forgot to check for missing components and was forced to use Slug only. It's a bit less pronounced on a strike, but I do consider Ion Cannons to be, "almost as good as BLCs except in those niche cases where they're better than BLCs."

All are probably an outgrowth of very support oriented tendencies when I play MMOs. Normally I heal, sometimes I tank, and I go pure DPS only for special occasions that involve desperately needed changes in group composition.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

NeverEvar
11.02.2015 , 03:45 PM | #14
In all ships i hear trumpet, which makes me an extremely offensive player

1) I tend to go into "charge!" modes, which ends up with me over stretching myself, asking myself...hmmm i had a team....ow...they are 20 klicks behind me....

2) In love being a good bait, especially on messas TDM(powerdive, disto for life!)

#) Not a bad of a bomber, but i really dislike that playstyle

Archonitek
11.02.2015 , 08:00 PM | #15
1) Flank, Flank, Flank. you can't get hit if guns aren't pointed at you.

2) Same as Nemarus, i rarely use Distortion Field, mainly because he taught me the s2e converter and its the ship i usually whip out in tough matches.

3) Someone wants to joust me...
The other side of the map looks pretty interesting right now...
What's that? You've decided to fight someone else?
I guess I can come back and shoot your butt
Eclipse Squadron - Cedwic/Eclipse-seven - Pilot - The Ebon Hawk
Nova Squadron - Zemelda - Lieutenant - The Ebon Hawk
Red Squadron - Teerayne - Senior Spaceman - The Harbinger

Lavaar
11.03.2015 , 05:49 PM | #16
1) Directional shields. If it is an option, I will use it. The switching of the arcs has become as central to my playstyle as pressing the F keys.

2) I don't like BLC's, and that's okay.

3) I love to joust.

Zennan
11.06.2015 , 02:25 AM | #17
1. I frequently solo-queue. As a result, sometimes I end up being very sad xD
2. I like to play for the team -- does my gunship teammate need a defensive screen? Do I need to distract the opponents with an evasion scout? I don't mind dying if it means gaining an advantage for the team.
3. I am a chess player so I value B sats a lot in domination matches (Control the center, right?). I think it's easier to maneuver your offense and defense around the B sat.

SeCKSEgai
11.11.2015 , 07:05 AM | #18
1. BLC
2. DF
3. Retro

Not exactly what I would use to break down my style, but those 3 components tend to dictate how I need to fly.

BLC = close range
DF = reliance on rng to mitigate damage
Retro = the use of retro offensively and defensively