Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General, Domination, and Starship guidelines Iíve found myself using

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
General, Domination, and Starship guidelines Iíve found myself using

Serrit
12.09.2013 , 03:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurtzello View Post
Do note that the two Strike Fighters have different abilities in slot 1: the default ship allows you to switch between primary weapons while the one you unlock with Fleet Requisition lets you switch among your secondary weapons. (The Cartel Market Strike Fighter is like the default one, switching primary weapons).
Awwww bang goes that plan then. Thanks for pointing that out though, I've yet to spend the Fleet req :-)

Tito_O
12.10.2013 , 06:30 AM | #12
That is true, the default Strike Fighter has two primary weapons (lasercannons) and one secondary (missiles), whereas the unlockable second Strike Fighter is more like a bomber with one lasercannon and two missile slots.

But you can buy the Strike Fighter from the Cartel market, which has the same loadout (2 primary 1 secondary weapon) as the default Strike Fighter.

Btw., i really like the second Strike Fighter a lot when i play it, because you can really drive you opponents mad by simply trying a missile lock all the time and make them listen to the lock-on warning without end ^^.
But playing against such an opponent is not fun at all xD
The Coric Legacy
Nate | Pinkamina | Syskal | Cas
Zhali | Raykal | Orivik | Viraana | Geviin | Shim'rra | Vestarah | Yuun-harla
[T3-M4]

mydogclimbstree
12.10.2013 , 09:32 AM | #13
Don't use your evasion skill inside Charlie for Shipyards or Bravo for mesas. It almost never ends well.

Good post OP, lets see if we can keep a few helpful ones like this on the front page.
Kym- Healer of Phil

Lurtzello
12.10.2013 , 10:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Serrit View Post
Awwww bang goes that plan then. Thanks for pointing that out though, I've yet to spend the Fleet req :-)
By the way, both the two Strike Fighters and the two Scouts have some different components they can use (for example, the default Strike Fighter has a ion cannon whereas the unlocked one has an ion missile. The Scouts have two shared items and one unique item each for the Systems slot, which gives them their slot 1 ability).

Serrit
12.10.2013 , 05:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mydogclimbstree View Post
Don't use your evasion skill inside Charlie for Shipyards or Bravo for mesas. It almost never ends well.

Good post OP, lets see if we can keep a few helpful ones like this on the front page.
Hah yeah that happens to me quite a bit. although these days mainly due to cack-handedness while hitting the F keys for power management (hmm maybe I should think of rebinding!).

Quote: Originally Posted by Lurtzello View Post
By the way, both the two Strike Fighters and the two Scouts have some different components they can use (for example, the default Strike Fighter has a ion cannon whereas the unlocked one has an ion missile. The Scouts have two shared items and one unique item each for the Systems slot, which gives them their slot 1 ability).
Ah cool, I probably should have done a bit more research before spouting my random ideas ;-)
Nice to know there's quite a difference though, I like diversity and the options it brings.

Silenceo
12.10.2013 , 05:59 PM | #16
Quote:
Scout
Iíve mainly been focusing on Engine speed and Evasion for my Scout - making use of boosts and barrel rolls to be first to a Satellite, then take or deny it as required. Taking a Co-pilot with Evasive Maneuvers combines with Disruption Shield and Light-weight armour for survivability through avoidability.
Minimally upgraded Rocket Pods combined with the Light Laser Cannon can make short work of enemy turrets, allowing for speedy raids behind enemy lines.
I think that you are severely underestimating a scouts combat capabilities when it comes to both taking damage and dealing it. They are not just the quickest ships in the sky, but they can also be the deadliest if the pilot is really good at maneuvering. For example, the scout ship, Sting, is more of a middle between Scout and Strike, where it has the speed of a scout but similar armament of a strike. What this means, is that it essentially is able to clock the other team in the nose and disappear soon after. Or, if you are good at maneuvering, stay in the dog fight even against multiple opponents using your superior agility combined with armament to delay them. If you use certain upgrades with the Sting, you are able to decimate a Rycler in less than 5 seconds of concentrated fire, even in a head on when exchanging blows. Usually doing so will leave your ship severely damaged, which is where the agility comes in. With the enemy a ship down your team has a brief advantage, but to make sure you are not taken out as well you must dodge and evade while keeping the enemies close while your shields recharge (some combos can make the shield recharge delay almost nonexistent).

Now, it may not be able to boost for as long as a Blackbolt if you are going this route due to no ability to regenerate engine power quickly. Combine its speed and firepower and it also is great for hunting down gunships similar to how Strikes do, but a much harder target for the gunship to hit. A Blackbolt may wither when hit for more than just a brief moment and forces it to rely on its agility more, but the Sting can take more fire before being forced to evade. This makes it child's play for a well equipped damage-designed Sting to take out all 3 of a satellite's turrets within 20 seconds, usually without even losing shields. This often leads the other team to panic and send 2-4 fighters to prevent the loss of the satellite anticipating multiple enemies. Here is where you use your durability (though not as much as strike) and agility to occupy them while your team takes the previously contested point.

S-12 BlackBolt = TIE Interceptor

S-13 Sting = TIE Avenger
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

mydogclimbstree
12.11.2013 , 09:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Serrit View Post
Hah yeah that happens to me quite a bit. although these days mainly due to cack-handedness while hitting the F keys for power management (hmm maybe I should think of rebinding!).
I have power to shields/thruster on the mouse wheel, scroll up and down respectively. Power to boosters is on a thumb button. This has worked out really well.
Kym- Healer of Phil