Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How about some some turret love?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
How about some some turret love?

GalacticKegger
12.07.2013 , 02:02 AM | #1
I've become pretty decent with the controls and can whip in and out of tight spaces ... often crashing whoever's chasing me. Which is excellent for objective taking. It's like kiting multiple targets while I sabotage turrets and finish them off with blaster fire. I routinely take out turrets on a satellite in rapid fashion, then damned if I don't get shot down by the multiple bogies who saw the satellite dots on their status displays start disappearing just as the satellite begins turning green.

I get zero kills, zero assists and zero objective points for my efforts. Are we not scored for turret kills? If we aren't, I would submit that we should at least get objective points for taking them out. Would make better sense though to additively reflect turret kills with enemy kills. Maybe turret kills will have it's own scoring column (and Req award value) once the bombers are brought back online?
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

Cordarn
12.07.2013 , 02:08 AM | #2
I can agree with this.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

Vis-Tecum
12.07.2013 , 02:12 AM | #3
nope its all about kill objectives defending sats, killing turrets, stopping caps, capping sats all gives you crumbs compared to the damage and kill / assist medals

for a objective based score [even the score I think favors kills] its all about kills, if you want medals and req forget defending sats or helping the team win and just farm kills on new players with a friend or two
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Hassat-Hunter
12.07.2013 , 06:12 AM | #4
Killing turrets doesn't add objective points?
Well, there's something I didn't know.

And can't agree with.

Adding turrets to kills though would be a no/no, seeing how easy they are to destroy compared to opponents, and the severly smaller roll they play.

Sinapus
12.07.2013 , 06:16 AM | #5
Maybe the reward should be a lot lower than killing enemy fighters, but you should get a few points for it.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Gavin_Kelvar
12.07.2013 , 12:38 PM | #6
well that's news. turrets should count towards objectives since you do need to kill them before capping a point.

MisterBlackJack
12.07.2013 , 01:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
nope its all about kill objectives defending sats, killing turrets, stopping caps, capping sats all gives you crumbs compared to the damage and kill / assist medals

for a objective based score [even the score I think favors kills] its all about kills, if you want medals and req forget defending sats or helping the team win and just farm kills on new players with a friend or two
I believe a Dev said the opposite that kills don't mean as much in GS but rather capturing and maintaining objectives will give you the most objectives.

Cause my guildmates will kill 4x as many players as me and I still get more metals cause i just fly around sats and keep them from being capped or I am capping
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Tellenn
12.07.2013 , 01:02 PM | #8
You might end up with objective swapping like in ground pvp if you get ills and medals for taking out turrets.

Jasa
12.07.2013 , 01:43 PM | #9
I don't know about turrets, but there definetly should be award for player who is blocking enemy from capturing a satellite when it's neutral. There is defense medals, but you get them only if your team is holding that satellite. enemy team can be losing alot of points because someone is doing that and that someone may have to concentrate on surviving when he is targeted by several enemy players with different types of ships so there is no chance for any offensive. I do it sometimes and when my team fails to come to aid me it's pretty frustrating when I know I'm fighting a losing battle. There is no medals for it, usually I don't get any kills from it and rarely any assists.

Andryah
12.07.2013 , 01:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Kelvar View Post
well that's news. turrets should count towards objectives since you do need to kill them before capping a point.
More like just "cost of doing business" IMO.

Not everything needs to have carrots attached to it. Nice, but not needed.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.