Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I really loved space combat for the first day....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
I really loved space combat for the first day....

DAMossimo
12.07.2013 , 06:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
This is not a bad thing unless one doesn't have access to other players' voice comms. Which leads me to my primary point ... I think GSF would benefit greatly from the addition of a built-in voice comm system. Doesn't even need to be FD/HD ... can be a simple 8-bit mono. Just something everyone can use to level that playing field.
Seconded - I've been campaigning for this for a long time. This should have been in game from the very start for use in all group missions PvP & PvE alike imo.

TheRampage
12.07.2013 , 06:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Yorumi View Post
The biggest problem I'm seeing in matches is everyone is trying to play solo, and the team with even a tiny bit of teamwork is dominating the other. Going 1v1 is a waste of time and there's a reason real pilots fly in squadrons with wingmen. If more people paid attention to what their team is doing instead of going for the highest kill count they'd win more.
Y. People want to do solo kills, prove they are good, whatever. I know, it is fun. but that doesn't win you the game.

There isn't more perfect satellte taking then with scout and 2 strikers rushing to it, while gunship softens the target from distance.
Raph‚el - Not Good Enough

Vis-Tecum
12.07.2013 , 11:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lymain View Post
I love how everyone is claiming different things are overpowered. The devs responsible for balancing GSF must really be getting a kick out of it.
not when they see the numbers of people playing and how many no longer play, more and more people will get turned off of bioware pvp balance, just like it happened with the ground pvp on like 3 different patches starting with 1.2

then no ones laughing and we all lose
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Markviper
12.07.2013 , 11:22 PM | #14
I think it is balanced pretty well actually. You have the snipers that can be easy targets for scouts but do a lot of damage if unchecked, the fighters that can take a beating but can still be outmaneuvered, and the scouts may have speed and agility but can be one-shotted by a single good missile or railgun shot. Everything has it's equal strong point and weak point. You just have to be good enough to know how to play. Problem is, I see too many people doing absolutely stupid things. Gunships camping and not paying attention to the radar, then not even moving when I start shooting at them. Fighters and scouts tunneling in on their target and ignoring me shooting from behind. The only imbalance right now is sheer stupidity and lack of situational awareness on the part of the people who die because of their own ignorance then come rage on the forums saying everything is OP. People try to dogfight in a gunship or they try to park and camp a spot in a fighter thinking they are a gunship.
Markviper Guardian tank
Marthaviper Shadow tank
Headbash Commando
Peterwigin Gunslinger
Herpderpsmash Sentinel
Lilandriakin Sage
Projectbeta Powertech tank

Mallorik
12.07.2013 , 11:27 PM | #15
I fly a scout almost exclusively and I thought theyre a little op, but then it turns out I was just fighting noobs. You get a few bad teams and think youre a god then you run into a good team and get shown youre really not that op.

most good players vs an inexperienced player 1v1, the good player is going to seem very op.

But I am getting a kick out of the op!! theads for every class and almost ever ship out.

JimG
12.08.2013 , 01:28 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lymain View Post
I love how everyone is claiming different things are overpowered. The devs responsible for balancing GSF must really be getting a kick out of it.
Yep. Apparently, I lost = whoever beat me must be overpowered. If people aren't willing to put more than 1 day into learning how to play and improving, then they are no loss from the GSF queue.

AlrikFassbauer
12.08.2013 , 06:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Yorumi View Post
The biggest problem I'm seeing in matches is everyone is trying to play solo, and the team with even a tiny bit of teamwork is dominating the other.
"Dominate" is an broad and gross understamement here.

That's the only real form of imba I have seen in GSF.

And if that's combined with faction inbalance ... Then "good night" ...

Quote: Originally Posted by Markviper View Post
People try to dogfight in a gunship
Oh, I usually do get a few kills that way. It's mostly other Gunships, though ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.