GTN Improvements

Jendor

I'm sure this has been raised before, but a few simple QoL improvements would make help the GTN experience so much more fluid:

Updated 12/06/13 - see change log for updates (scroll to the bottom)

Buyers

• Price Per Unit Column - Allow stacks of items to be listed by Credits per unit, allowing players to find the best prices quicker without having to hover over the price to see the CPU

• Ctrl + Click Search - Just like we can Ctrl+Click to list an item in chat, why not allow us this feature in the GTN, would help significantly for those longer names, and on a side note it would make access much easier for players with dyslexia and other learning difficulties by eliminating typos

• Recipe Levels - Give recipes "level" attribute the Crafter level requirement (so currently all recipes are level 1 this could be listed from 1-450)

• Search by Seller - a search could be made by the name of the vendor (character name) and that it would display all items (no matter type) that said character has put for sale, it would be great. - Credit to Sefarad

• Place an Order - Give us the option to place buy orders on the GTN. It'll help sellers fill what people want and allow buyers to let the sellers know what they want. - Credit to Elfa - original thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6271531#post6271531

• Deliminate triplets of numbers - A discussion began about having delimitation between triples of numbers, it seems those on euro clients may already have this in some form
    i.e. instead of listing 1000000, list 1 000 000 or 1,000,000 the most ideal would be a user settable preference
    - Credit to chriscshunter - Original thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=635594

• Purchase At Price - Allow to search for a specific item, see the average price's and allow you to buy a specific amount from multiple auctions for the specific number of things you want.

An example of this would be you want 200 desh, but there are 30 auctions varying from stacks of 14-70. So in essence you would type in desh, number wanting to purchase, select 200 and it would then buy those 200 at the price you have selected and you will get one mail with those 200. - Credit to Shingara

• Hide Known Schem - When searching for crafting recipes on the GTN, the recipes I don't already know are highlighted, which is great. What would be just a little bit better though is if we could click a box to completely hide recipes we already know. If we could do this for things like emotes, pets, etc. we already have that would also be great. Credit to Sigmaringen

• Better Filtering Improve Filtering allowing people to filter down to items such as Gifts/Resources and there grade for example Grade 5 - Compound, Grade 3 - Metal etc etc - Credit to Mekkanon

Sellers

• Remember value - when listing the same crafted item multiple times you have to type in your price every single time, implement a system where the GTN remembers the last price I listed item X for and automatically fills the sale price with that item

• Faster Payment - I can get a real world cash transfer quicker than I can get my credits for a purchase, I'm not expecting this should be instant I can understand a small delay but an hour seems unreasonable for a GTN sale, this is a minor point but a valid one all the same.

• Sale Screen Enhancements - would be nice to have but not essential - a column that tells you the current lowest price (or price per unit if a stack) for the item on sale, as most for stacks either match the lowest listed price or undercut by, this would allow you at a glance to see the lowest price and make your decision from there, This could also be implemented as a column on the list of items currently up for purchase, allowing you to see at a glance if your selling for the lowest price or if someone is undercutting you (thus stimulating the market slightly ?)

• Stack Spliting - Having the ability to split stacks in the GTN window would be a great support to sellers who sell crewskill/other stacked items instead of having to laboriously split them one by one - Credit to Tatile

• Longer Listing Times - Sometimes when listing higher value items it's not expected they will always sell in 2 days, so how about allowing the option for longer listing times for example 3-5 days - Credit to Sigmaringen

• Clear Selling Prices - Show with more Clarity how much you will be charged in Fees on the GTN (6% + deposit) this will help sellers see at a glance what they will pay for item sales - - Credit to Sigmaringen

These are all opinion's and I'd be happy to hear other players thoughts and ideas I'd be glad to add them (and of course list credit) to this list and keep it up to date !

Roll on Quality of Game Life Improvements !

Jendor Jitte

Change Log:

Updated: 12/06/13 - Added A few new ideas suggested by folk this month !

Updated: 12/05/13 - Added Shingara's Purchase at price idea & Sigmaringen's longer listing times idea.

Updated: 10/05/13 - Elfa's Buy Order Idea

Updated: 09/05/13 - chriscshunter's Credit Deliminator Idea

Updated: 03/05/13 - Sefarad's Search by Seller Idea

Edited by Jendor
Updated: 12/06/13 - Added Ideas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with OP + Tatile.

Only thing in OP's list that I'd be hesitant on is the Sale Screen Enhancement. A problem I see steming from that is that it doesn't tell you that the average lowest price for something is 300 credits... but the lowest price is from this one person at 20 credits because they just stuck it up for the default price.

Ctrl + Click Search - Just like we can Ctrl+Click to list an item in chat, why not allow us this feature in the GTN, would help significantly for those longer names, and on a side note it would make access much easier for players with dyslexia and other learning difficulties by eliminating typos

Jendor

I absolutely agree with this. I hate it when I get no results because I forgot to put in an apostrophe. All MMO's I've played have had this feature. At least let us drag the item into the field and it populate in.

this is a great idea, i didnt want to make it to complex to put people off but that would be great, moving averages also would be great to spot tends but thats getting into the relm of a much more complex market

at the very basic level a GTN that didnt fold like a cheap suit as soon as the server is moderatly loaded wopuld be nice .. currently everytim theres 200+ in my instance i cant list more than a few items on the GTN before it locks up and stops working

Agree with OP + Tatile.

Only thing in OP's list that I'd be hesitant on is the Sale Screen Enhancement. A problem I see steming from that is that it doesn't tell you that the average lowest price for something is 300 credits... but the lowest price is from this one person at 20 credits because they just stuck it up for the default price.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree This would make the GTN much more easy and friendly to use however if they would give us an API so we could make changes to our UI we would not have to beg for things like this these are easy changes to make in an api and could be done in a few hours of coding

I agree with your suggestions, i would also like to see some of the things that you see in the auctioneer addon from wow, like auto create sales and set the number of stacks per sale, remember previous prices and average prices memory to help us do alot of auctions fast and have it auto complete the prices. That type of thing. I doubt much of that would be possible without some computer side database storage but id be cool if swtor did there own inhouse add ons or plug ins that we could use. Edited by Shingara

I never thought I'd say this... but wows AH blows the gtn out of the water.

It basically seems to be a last minute job, and imo really needs to be completely redone.

Even Ultima Online had a better system than this! I would rather have player vendors than the piece of **** GTN in this game.

Signed.

Even more, if a search could be made by the name of the vendor (character name) and that it would display all items (no matter type) that said character has put for sale, it woudl be great.

Signed.

Even more, if a search could be made by the name of the vendor (character name) and that it would display all items (no matter type) that said character has put for sale, it woudl be great.

Idea Added ..

Support and Subscribed... Where are the devs when you want them?

Also thanks for credit on my addition.

Thanks !

also Updated ! Please vote for this thread if you find it useful (see the bottom)

Edited by Jendor

I would like to add something to this, could you put in a suggestion part for this, when you go onto the gtn, allow to search for a specific item, see the average price's and allow you to buy a specific amount from multiple auctions for the specific number of things you want.

An example of this would be you want 200 desh, but there are 30 auctions varying from stacks of 14-70. So in essence you would type in desh, number wanting to purchase, select 200 and it would then buy those 200 at the price you have selected and you will get one mail with those 200.

I would like to add something to this, could you put in a suggestion part for this, when you go onto the gtn, allow to search for a specific item, see the average price's and allow you to buy a specific amount from multiple auctions for the specific number of things you want.

An example of this would be you want 200 desh, but there are 30 auctions varying from stacks of 14-70. So in essence you would type in desh, number wanting to purchase, select 200 and it would then buy those 200 at the price you have selected and you will get one mail with those 200.

I like it... it also goes to money management and saving time!!

add a request option

basically a looking to buy X item for Y creds

so that if the item you are looking for is not on the GTN or is not at a price you think is right you can make a request and see if someone is willing to sell at that price

Updated 12/05/13 Great ideas folks please subscribe and vote !

also to answer:

add a request option

basically a looking to buy X item for Y creds

so that if the item you are looking for is not on the GTN or is not at a price you think is right you can make a request and see if someone is willing to sell at that price

great idea we actually already have this :

Place an Order - Give us the option to place buy orders on the GTN. It'll help sellers fill what people want and allow buyers to let the sellers know what they want. - Credit to Elfa - original thread:

keep em comming !

JJ