What Happened?

shadowvashed

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Our web team was working on some forum optimization, including removing some of our old unused forums (we have a lot of hidden unused stuff behind the scenes). Unfortunately, this forum was affected when it shouldn't have been. We are unsure if we will be able to restore the posts but we are actively working on it. It may take a few days but I will pass on any updates as I have them.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

-eric

Hey folks,

Our web team was working on some forum optimization, including removing some of our old unused forums (we have a lot of hidden unused stuff behind the scenes). Unfortunately, this forum was affected when it shouldn't have been. We are unsure if we will be able to restore the posts but we are actively working on it. It may take a few days but I will pass on any updates as I have them.

-eric

We have now moved from inadvertently breaking the game by patching to also inadvertently breaking the forums... gg bioware.

We have now moved from inadvertently breaking the game by patching to also inadvertently breaking the forums... gg bioware.

To be fair though, I'd much rather they accidentally delete our threads than our characters. Having said that, if they don't keep backups of these forums then that's fairly worrying. Accidentally deleting something is fine, not being able to recover it is not.

Sorry, I'm past the point of giving this Bioware team any sympathy for honest mistakes. Wake up. Incompetence is in the air and you guys need to raise you standards a lot. The quality of material you have been putting out lately is poor to say the least. If you can't figure it out with the team of people you have, please feel free to hire better employees. The good ones will cost more, but its time you step it up especially since you keep telling your investors how profitable this game is now.

Wow, just wow...

I am a Director of Technology, and I know what would happen to my former staff member who made this mistake. Then again I double check my back ups constantly because disaster recovery is my biggest headache so it is also my most important project, so we would have recovered that portion of our website in the time it took me to post an update apologizing for our mistake.

(we have a lot of hidden unused stuff behind the scenes)

You mean like the awesome Dread Guard Droid HK customization from PTS which you removed from the game for no apparent reason and never put back in? :rolleyes: I know you have much bigger issues at the moment, but still. Somebody had to say it.

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric, I like you a lot man, but I can't resist at least poking a bit of fun: BRO DO YOU EVEN BACKUP? I mean, really. No way to like... run a data migration? To archive / back up current threads, revert a few hours, then re-apply new posts? This... this stuff isn't that hard?!?! I'm a finger-painting filmmaker / graphic designer who just through proximity and osmosis has heard enough about how "that there database server thingy" works to know that it's usually doable (if remotely decent / standard practices are followed). I think I have more backups of pictures of my cats than that...

That thread was invaluable - as a tank, I've learned SO MUCH and use it as a reference, weekly. It'd be a shame to see such a valuable contribution to our community lost forever (and I'm sure it wasn't the only gem deleted).

Hey folks,

-eric

i really do hope everything can be restored there was alot of useful information here :(

Edited by shadowvashed