Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Jeremy Soule (Former SWTOR, Elder Scrolls, and GW Composer) accused of assault

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Jeremy Soule (Former SWTOR, Elder Scrolls, and GW Composer) accused of assault

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
09.04.2019 , 03:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
Until quite recently [and I tend to doubt we're as progressive as some are afraid we are], it was the other way around. Accusations of rape were *disbelieved* on sight, and the women shamed into silence. Much like your post, for instance, where you've started off on the assumption that the accuser is lying [which is apparently a big trend, and an excellent scapegoat for disbelieving rape accusations in the future] taken the original accusation of rape, and turned it into 'people are hypersensitive and triggered'. Yes, I imagine RAPE would genuinely be triggering, don't you think? Or where you go on to imply that the women who make these accusations are famewhores who just want to ruin lives.

Oh, and before you continue with the 'not to sound sexist' stuff, but I've personally had false accusations of sexual harassment against me. And I've also had nearly every female friend tell me at some point that they were sexually harassed, some assaulted, and they said NOTHING. Because it was someone close to them, because they didn't want to make waves, or they wanted to put it behind them, or they were just afraid of being slurred by people all too happy to take the man's side.

So between the two, in MY opinion the potential for false rape accusations is the lesser evil to the much greater evil of assuming the victim is actually a manipulative psychopath straight out of the Sith Academy. As well, the incidental evil of normalizing rape as 'hypersensitivity'. This is rape culture. Get a good long look at it.
I was speaking in generalities. I did not mention her name. Nor did i give specifics. You, by taking offense, made it personal. By directing it towards me, you in turn are taking it out of proportion. You could have made your points without that tone and I didn't appreciate the insinuations. However, separating the gist from slander, you make a fair argument.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
09.04.2019 , 07:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
I was speaking in generalities. I did not mention her name. Nor did i give specifics. You, by taking offense, made it personal. By directing it towards me, you in turn are taking it out of proportion. You could have made your points without that tone and I didn't appreciate the insinuations. However, separating the gist from slander, you make a fair argument.
There are two parts to your argument. One is that we shouldn't automatically give credence to these accusations before being proven, though the way you wrote it was more like "we should be biased towards the guy because the women are probably lying." I'd work on that.

The second part really has nothing at all to do with this topic at all, but comes up a lot anyway: people are offended by everything and need to stop being so sensitive. You apparently think it's relevant to rape accusations. The fact that you're complaining about 'triggered' people in this context makes YOU the snowflake, not me. It makes you the emotionally unbalanced one who has to stop getting offended about things that don't concern you. And it means you should get informed before you open your mouth up irl. Everything Rolodome and Mad said is fairly uncontroversial. Someone might get pissy at them anyway, but as Mad said, people are increasingly getting into extremes. Turning this into a "why is everyone offended" argument is something quite different, as is your attempt to tone police me. I'm not offended by you, I'm contemptuous of the way you are pretending to neutrality when your argument indicates you are clearly not, so take your gaslighting and your revolt against 'offense culture' elsewhere.

Oh and Tony: when it's in writing, it's libel. And you really have no case.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
09.04.2019 , 07:50 AM | #13
You clearly are not separating your emotion and yourself from the topic. When I spoke in generalities, I never condoned rape. You are adding things,.You took it upon yourself to dissect everything I wrote and made it personal. Everyone else contributed without singling out each other. Even now with your rebuttal you still can't separate your self from the topic. Sounds like you're itching for a fight.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
09.04.2019 , 08:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
You clearly are not separating your emotion and yourself from the topic. When I spoke in generalities, I never condoned rape. You are adding things,.You took it upon yourself to dissect everything I wrote and made it personal. Everyone else contributed without singling out each other. Even now with your rebuttal you still can't separate your self from the topic. Sounds like you're itching for a fight.
Again, you're gaslighting while presenting yourself as neutral. I'm done.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.09.2019 , 10:09 AM | #15
One thing I have learned about human beings is that anyone is capable of doing anything. This is what makes people so scary.

Long story short I worked in a field that involved criminal behavior/criminals for many years and I seen many incidents where perfectly "normal" good people in society did unfathomable monstrous acts against other human beings that I never thought was possible from such a person.

That being said, you really can't pass judgement on the accuser or the accused unless you really have all the facts.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Cvexreos's Avatar


Cvexreos
09.12.2019 , 05:04 AM | #16
excuse me what
Hippity hop, you are now needed to use my referral link (http://www.swtor.com/r/cC6Dmp)