Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What happened to SWTOR? Some insight by Jeff Nyman (game tester)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
What happened to SWTOR? Some insight by Jeff Nyman (game tester)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.14.2019 , 01:18 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
Just to answer this question. Nothing as far as I know she still post of the forums sometimes, her last post was about three weeks ago.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...9&postcount=14
Even Yill's eternal optimism seems to have been dashed in the past 6 months. Yill was one of the most optimistic posters we had for a long time and now you hardly see Yill on the forums.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

ZionHalcyon's Avatar


ZionHalcyon
09.16.2019 , 07:38 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Even Yill's eternal optimism seems to have been dashed in the past 6 months. Yill was one of the most optimistic posters we had for a long time and now you hardly see Yill on the forums.
Or maybe just taking a break waiting for the new content?

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
09.16.2019 , 06:16 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Or maybe just taking a break waiting for the new content?
Well. View older posts by Yill and compare them to the recent ones. The tone sounds a lot less exuberant in the newer ones.

Stop trying to be objective and ruining my sad musings Zion, just go along with them sheesh.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
09.17.2019 , 11:11 AM | #74
Since I read the Kotaku article about an ex-BW employee -- and because I work in Operations for a large, multi-national corporation -- I have drawn some conclusions/assumptions about the inner workings of EA and BW, which led me to be critical of Nyman's blog.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

ZionHalcyon's Avatar


ZionHalcyon
09.17.2019 , 11:34 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Since I read the Kotaku article about an ex-BW employee -- and because I work in Operations for a large, multi-national corporation -- I have drawn some conclusions/assumptions about the inner workings of EA and BW, which led me to be critical of Nyman's blog.
The Kotaku article did have the feel though of trying to go after BioWare. Jeff's blog really has a lot about a lot going on it and the BioWare section was very matter-of-fact without any sort of the hand-wringing or blame game or pointing fingers.

Between the two, Jeff's blog just feels more objective.

ZionHalcyon's Avatar


ZionHalcyon
09.17.2019 , 11:35 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Well. View older posts by Yill and compare them to the recent ones. The tone sounds a lot less exuberant in the newer ones.

Stop trying to be objective and ruining my sad musings Zion, just go along with them sheesh.
Well God bless ya for being honest lol!