Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Virulence Sniper/ Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Changes: Virulence Sniper/ Dirty Fighting Gunslinger
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

shyroman
06.23.2017 , 02:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AjentWashington View Post
m8, we just gotta discover our true role as snipers. We're gonna still be the tanks with the best dps.
No lie, I was able to tank nim raptus for a solid minute when one of the tanks died and we couldn't rez them lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
I got an average of about 890 lost
My calculations were pretty rudimentary and only kinda guessed what the energy changes would do so I underestimated a bit.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Pizza_boy
06.23.2017 , 02:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The change to Lethal Takedown / Dirty Shot addressed a situation where it was better to use Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast while the target was under the effect of your Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast.
I am confused about this. Lethal Shot has always been better to use under Weakening Blast because of its poison damage. It makes no sense to not have the incentive to use lethal shot in a WB window because it has poison damage that is increased during WB. Basically, from my understanding, you don't want us to have the extra poison damage from WB then?
CN Man, The Connest of Men
Laet, Operative Heals
<Failure>

orangenkaiser
06.23.2017 , 02:15 PM | #23
Lethal takedown is the proc we get when cull makes TD useable above 30% and resets its cooldown. Its not a stacking buff.
Ok. I should probably pay more attention to the terminology of the classes, lol. I got Dirty Blast and Dirty Shot mixed up. Thanks.
Snazzy Signature here

XhrisShan
06.23.2017 , 02:18 PM | #24
Also, quoting myself from an earlier thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by XhrisShan View Post
Virulence/Dirty Fighting has resource management issues; reduce the cost per tick of Cull/Wounding Shots to 4 and the cost of Takedown/Quickdraw and Lethal Shot/Dirty Blast by 5 each. Alternatively, make Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot additionally make the next Takedown/Quickdraw free.
The DPS changes I'm fine with though.

AjentWashington
06.23.2017 , 02:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
I am confused about this. Lethal Shot has always been better to use under Weakening Blast because of its poison damage. It makes no sense to not have the incentive to use lethal shot in a WB window because it has poison damage that is increased during WB. Basically, from my understanding, you don't want us to have the extra poison damage from WB then?
What they want is for us to be able to meet their "Quasi-Sustained" damage output levels.

Also, I am gonna need to check the Series of Shots useage now given that the lethal shot nerf is pretty major. Corrosive mine useage might also be a bit lower, idk yet.
Veldix | Veldimerc | Veldoodle
26/26 NiM 5.0
<Mythic> | <Failure>

AjentWashington
06.23.2017 , 02:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by XhrisShan View Post
The DPS changes I'm fine with though.
Except the dps changes make virulence a worse choice than marksmanship for most fights now
Veldix | Veldimerc | Veldoodle
26/26 NiM 5.0
<Mythic> | <Failure>

Pizza_boy
06.23.2017 , 02:22 PM | #27
What they want is for us to be able to meet their "Quasi-Sustained" damage output levels.

Also, I am gonna need to check the Series of Shots useage now given that the lethal shot nerf is pretty major. Corrosive mine useage might also be a bit lower, idk yet.
My guess is that we are going back to the old rotation with 3x lethal shots under WB and series of shots+ takedown in the other and just rotating them off. I get why they want to nerf the dot damage but most likely we still are going to be filling lethal shots into a WB period, so i'm just not sure why they want to tell us not to.
Laet, Operative Heals
<Failure>

KittyKat_Karrot
06.23.2017 , 02:24 PM | #28
That's a shame. It was already inferior to the other 2 specs in PvP. Even less reason to play it now. At least sniper still has 2 other good specs.

AireStyx
06.23.2017 , 02:30 PM | #29
This is what I was afraid of when I did some quick napkin math. I would recommend more along the lines of reducing the damage of cull by 12.5% or 15%. This combined with the other changes makes Virulence a better sustained spec then Marksmen/Sharpshooter. At the same time in would help bring sniper more in line with where it probably should be in a pure numbers standpoint.

Again this seems to be the same problem as the sorc corruption nerf, Bioware please reduce the level of the change that you are doing because as it is you are making huge changes numbers wise without actually have these changes on a Public Test Server in order to actually gauge these changes among a larger player base that can potentially try these changes in pvp, Nightmare (I know you label it as Master Mode) operations, and flashpoints and uprisings. The simple scale of the changes that you are doing should require public testing not just internal testing because they affect a significant part of the player base.

Pizza_boy
06.23.2017 , 02:33 PM | #30
Except the dps changes make virulence a worse choice than marksmanship for most fights now
Ya... these changes will be putting viru at about the same single target capability as lightning... which is not good at all.
Laet, Operative Heals
<Failure>