Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Virulence Sniper/ Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Class Changes: Virulence Sniper/ Dirty Fighting Gunslinger
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.23.2017 , 01:11 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Below you will find the planned changes for Virulence and Dirty Fighting coming in Game Update 5.3.
Quote:
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Sniper
Virulence
  • Cull deals 25% less damage
  • Weakening Blast deals 11% more damage, costs 5 energy, and is no longer triggered by weapon damage from Cull
  • Increased Lethal Shot weapon damage by 13% and reduced its poison damage by 35%
  • Toxic Surge deals 20% more damage
  • In addition to its previous effects, Lethal Takedown now also reduces the energy cost of Takedown by 3

Gunslinger
Dirty Fighting
  • Wounding Shots deals 25% less damage
  • Hemorrhaging Blast deals 11% more damage, costs 5 energy, and is no longer triggered by weapon damage from Wounding Shots
  • Increased Dirty Blast weapon damage by 13% and reduced its bleed damage by 35%
  • Bloody Mayhem deals 20% more damage
  • In addition to its previous effects, Dirty Shot now also reduces the energy cost of Quickdraw by 3

DevNotes: The changes to the Virulence Sniper / Dirty Fighting Gunslinger are meant to bring the discipline down to its target DPS. The damage reduction to Cull / Wounding Shots and the changes to Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast and Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast brought Virulence / Dirty Fighting slightly below its target DPS, so we increased the damage of Toxic Surge / Bloody Mayhem to get it back to the target.

The change to Lethal Takedown / Dirty Shot addressed a situation where it was better to use Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast while the target was under the effect of your Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

matthobbit
06.23.2017 , 01:23 PM | #2
10 minutes and no complaints. Looks like this one is good to go!

Eldeos
06.23.2017 , 01:24 PM | #3
virulence assassin huh?
yeah...

XhrisShan
06.23.2017 , 01:27 PM | #4
Don't like that Weakening/Hemmorhaging costs energy now, since the spec needed resource management assistance. If I already have to use my autoattack a few times in the rotation because I'm not getting enough energy back from resource procs, that isn't good.
The Takedown/Quickdraw and Lethal Shot/Dirty Blast changes are good though; provides more incentive to take advantage of the Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot proc.

teclado
06.23.2017 , 01:27 PM | #5
Virulence Assassin sounds rather OP to me....NERF!!
SS
Malovo - Marauder

EricMusco
06.23.2017 , 01:32 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Eldeos View Post
virulence assassin huh?
Hah whoops. I had Virulence Assassin instead of Sniper and spelled Fighting wrong. TGIF, amirite? It has been fixed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Deewe
06.23.2017 , 01:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
Virulence Assassin sounds rather OP to me....NERF!!
Mouhaaaa!
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

briceharbinger
06.23.2017 , 01:39 PM | #8
Quote:
The change to Lethal Takedown / Dirty Shot addressed a situation where it was better to use Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast while the target was under the effect of your Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast.
I though the intention was for us to use lethal shot inside the WB window, and takedown outside...

XhrisShan
06.23.2017 , 01:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by matthobbit View Post
10 minutes and no complaints. Looks like this one is good to go!
I can't tell if that was meant to be a joke or not.

AlCorazon
06.23.2017 , 01:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Below you will find the planned changes for Virulence and Dirty Fighting coming in Game Update 5.3.

Really, damage of cull down by a quarter? May i enquire the reasoning, since Cull is the only ability that deals any real damage....
My referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/gBW7FL