Extend Collections to Non-Cartel Market Gear - Remember that stuff?

CelCawdro

I love the concept of the Collections tab, but it is largely useless to me if it's only going to have the Cartel Market gear on there. That stuff is easy to come by - it's always just a few clicks away. I would very much rather have items that take a modicum of in-game effort and/or luck to obtain be added to this system.

Take, for example, the Sith Archon set, the Imperial Trooper gear, or the Battlemaster PvP or Rakata PvE sets - some are quite a credit investment, some instead took effort, and others still take time and others luck. Some are no longer obtainable. These are the types of items that I would absolutely love to fork over my cash for to make account-wide.

If I want another Malak suit or more Valiant Robes, I'll simply buy them. It's with the items where obtaining them is no longer simple, or even possible, that I believe this system would shine the most (and make quite a chunk of cash).

Edited by CelCawdro

It would also be nice of this worked with titles that are no longer obtainable. This system has a lot of potential. I hope it eventually realizes it.

I'd really like it if the Titles from that Grand Acquisitions event were in the collections.

"Imperial Loyalist" and "SIS Freelancer" are really great titles.

I earned them, but it'd be cool to be able to use them on other characters.

So this is like the "pets" section of the achievements page where the whole page is just cartel market items? You guys are surprised about this?

Not in the slightest. It's just an interesting system that has potential applications that extend far beyond this initial implementation.

There is no 'non-cartel', just 'not-yet Cartel'. If you find gear in the game that EA can be monetizing and hasn't yet, it's a bug and should be reported.

I appreciate the satire. :) Hopefully this system has the reverse fate of the Legacy system - instead of a reward system that eventually became nothing but a vehicle for monetization, this could become a vehicle for monetization that evolves into a reward system.

How about a "Filter" button? An "Expand All" button? A "Collapse All" button?

Thank god im not the only one who has a need for these... The UI is awful. And while they're at it, they should put those for the Achievements aswell.

Thank god im not the only one who has a need for these... The UI is awful. And while they're at it, they should put those for the Achievements aswell.

A "Sort by" drop down would also be very useful, given how repetitious the UI is. The same items can be found in many different categories. It's needlessly voluminous.

That's how I thought it was going to be. A way to track all the sets you have collected throughout the game.

Very disappointed that it's just a shopping list in it's current state.

No, No, It's not a shopping list. It's the CM version of the "Achievement" system.

No sheet right?! Collections right now is a great start but being so limited is really stupid. Yes I know the post defining the limitations they encountered but those very limitations shine through how stupid the game is code wise on so many levels... ie chat bubbles, foliage draw distance, stuttering everytime you open inventory or gtn pages, yadda yadda yadda lol.

Patch 2.2 Optimizations!!!!!

An expansion of the collections system to various pve drop and crafted sets would be pretty nice.

Crafted items must NOT be put into the collections system. You shouldn't get free copies for your alts for items that are made by crafters. That just puts them out of business. You should ALWAYS HAVE TO BUY THEM.

Period. No exceptions. Sorry. Wait - not sorry.

Crafted items must NOT be put into the collections system. You shouldn't get free copies for your alts for items that are made by crafters. That just puts them out of business. You should ALWAYS HAVE TO BUY THEM.

Period. No exceptions. Sorry. Wait - not sorry.

I agree with HoloTweed.

And, I am not a crafter.. so this is purely an objective agreement on my part.

I also agree that crafted gear shouldn't be added to Collections.

However, stuff like the Supreme Set for Inquisitors, the Jedi Battlelord Set for Jedi Knights, the Vendetta Set for IA etc. should. They are random drops and I see no reason why someone who has managed to find/buy all the pieces of the set shouldn't have access to them from all their toons.

The class requirements should, ofc, remain exactly as they are.

I love the concept of the Collections tab, but it is largely useless to me if it's only going to have the Cartel Market gear on there. That stuff is easy to come by - it's always just a few clicks away. I would very much rather have items that take a modicum of in-game effort and/or luck to obtain be added to this system.

Take, for example, the Sith Archon set, the Imperial Trooper gear, or the Battlemaster PvP or Rakata PvE sets - some are quite a credit investment, some instead took effort, and others still take time and others luck. Some are no longer obtainable. These are the types of items that I would absolutely love to fork over my cash for to make account-wide.

If I want another Malak suit or more Valiant Robes, I'll simply buy them. It's with the items where obtaining them is no longer simple, or even possible, that I believe this system would shine the most (and make quite a chunk of cash).

Some things I would agree would be nice additions to the collections interface. Things like the containment armors from the rakkghoul event, the sand people armor from the grand acqusitions, to name a couple.

Some things might be better left out of the collections interface. For example, While I am a CE owner and would benefit from CE armors in the collections interface, there is no need to add the CE armors to the collections tab as they can be purchased any time, and the ability to purchase one set should not enable you to create infinite copies for all your companions and alts. Crafted items would be better left out of the collections interface for reasons already mentioned. Things such as the jedi battlelord's set, the viper gear, etc. may be rare drops and cost a fair amount to obtain from the GTN, but obtaining them once should not entitle you to infinite copies.

Adding crafted gear to the system would completely break crafting... so No Thank You.

I feel like the system should support

1) event gear /pets/ mounts

2) rare mount/ pets from operations

3) the mount from the VIP vender.

4) all the reputation & social gear/ items

5) the class sets (modable gear items that drop as empty shells - battlelord, talon, colossus, etc sets.)

6) flashpoint gear sets

7) the white color crystals from the geologist vender

And I feel like the unlocks for these items should be paid for with game credits.

It would be a nice feature for gearing comps.

Of course everything should be BoP.

Edited by Cleet_Xia