I can't believe I'm putting my two cents in but here goes

Yog-Soluth

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have unsubbed from this game no threat or falsehood. Before all the rage trollers chime in please know I have absolutely had a great time time here with all the SWTORers (know its not a word but wth;))

So I will try to make this brief but I feel I need to rage a little. 2.1 yes was the last straw and funny thing is I didn't even want to play as a Cathar or really concerned with my appearance overly much. But and this will get them opposed to my viewpoint raging I was supposed to get all races with my sub and customization options. I have been playing and subscribing since the 2nd day of early access and no this entitles me to nothing but what any subscriber should have or what can be bought on the cartel market.

Yet I still feel wronged somehow any other mmo I have played a new race has came with an expansion pack and was there for all everybody to use as long as they subscribed and bought the expansion. I know I know this expansion was dirt cheap compared to others but I also feel so was the content not that I didn't enjoy it. It really comes down to I feel my 15 dollar sub has decreased in such a value that I no longer want to pay for this game. the funny thing IMHO is the f2pers will go through the same thing the subbers have been feeling.

They will see that there is a scheduled downtime (hope being eternal as the saying goes) and hope that Bioware is surprising us with an event or that the bug they reported is being fixed or...... etc but turns out 10 new cartel market items and a discount on 20 others. The bad thing really is that there is room for both f2pers and subbers they just haven't decided how yet.

I truly hope the force is with you all and to see ya again but until then good luck and goodbye

Thanks for this post. This exactly reflects my opinion as well.

Question: How long do you beat a dead horse?

no dead horse here my friend but with the stipend you can get Cathar rather easily, at most two months if you don't have a security key.

edit. Not to mention you don't have to get the Cathar if you don't want them. But if you do. Well subscribers don't have to shell out any real money do they?

Edited by Cullain

I still believe that the game has potential. And that's the only reason I stuck around this long.

But if they don't start pouring on the features and content as part of the subscription - that potential doesn't mean squat.

I could cut them a lot of slack this time last year when they hit the "sub-pocolyse" after 1.3, and then had this massive internal restructure.

But they've got no excuse other than sheer greed for the last 6 months.

no dead horse here my friend but with the stipend you can get Cathar rather easily, at most two months if you don't have a security key.

edit. Not to mention you don't have to get the Cathar if you don't want them. But if you do. Well subscribers don't have to shell out any real money do they?

Well that one flew right by you mi amigo....

I knew where you were going with that and again it is just a point that has been beaten to death......

Well that one flew right by you mi amigo....

I knew where you were going with that and again it is just a point that has been beaten to death......

No it didn't, the idea was relevant to the thread, it was short and to the point as well as how I felt about the whole argument. Forgive me for having an opinion. But you can take your dead horse, make a burger an chew on it.

I have unsubbed from this game no threat or falsehood. Before all the rage trollers chime in please know I have absolutely had a great time time here with all the SWTORers (know its not a word but wth;))

So I will try to make this brief but I feel I need to rage a little. 2.1 yes was the last straw and funny thing is I didn't even want to play as a Cathar or really concerned with my appearance overly much. But and this will get them opposed to my viewpoint raging I was supposed to get all races with my sub and customization options. I have been playing and subscribing since the 2nd day of early access and no this entitles me to nothing but what any subscriber should have or what can be bought on the cartel market.

Yet I still feel wronged somehow any other mmo I have played a new race has came with an expansion pack and was there for all everybody to use as long as they subscribed and bought the expansion. I know I know this expansion was dirt cheap compared to others but I also feel so was the content not that I didn't enjoy it. It really comes down to I feel my 15 dollar sub has decreased in such a value that I no longer want to pay for this game. the funny thing IMHO is the f2pers will go through the same thing the subbers have been feeling.

They will see that there is a scheduled downtime (hope being eternal as the saying goes) and hope that Bioware is surprising us with an event or that the bug they reported is being fixed or...... etc but turns out 10 new cartel market items and a discount on 20 others. The bad thing really is that there is room for both f2pers and subbers they just haven't decided how yet.

I truly hope the force is with you all and to see ya again but until then good luck and goodbye

Another one joins the club. Sorry it had to come to this, but when it's time, it's time.

I understand completely.. There are zero days left on my subscription. At midnight CST, I turn into a pumpkin!

So let me see , short version long version .

Same old story of people quitting , cause game is not going the direction they want .

To incite mass riot , ala swg days !

News Flash nobody cares anymore , only people who cares are the ones playing CM game .. They don't really going to delete all there toons cause they can play F2P .

And buy more CM coins to gamble , now for those who feel subs money are badly invested .

Yeah I can agree to a point with that . Just unsub and go F2P .

If you feel you paid enough to support this game , in a way you are entittled to feel that way .

Cause heck you guys paid to support this game when I quit and kept it going .

Thank you for that , now Bioware EA is milking the product for all it is worth .

Is thay anything new ? People saying next MMO will change all ? I don't believe a thing .

Look at GW2 look at secret worlds , people have changed and not for the beter .

If you want to forum fight over trival thing , well you are all playing forum game , instead of enjoying the game for what it is worth . ENTERTAINEMENT .

If the game is not entertaining , then by all means move on .

If you think you are entittled to have stuff for free , then by all means unsub .

If you want to play the forum game , ha that is what you are paying your 15 a month for .

So by all means you know where your money went !

Now sure I can see the hoax in this update , but honestly you people expected anything beter ?

So who fooled who ? EA fooled you ? Or you let your own leg being pulled ?

All those critics and all those bickering , remind me of people who don't have fun !

Then please take a break , When you do come back and just play for fun !

The patch that fixes stuff is coming out as scheduled. This was like, a bonus patch. With cosmetic stuff. I mean, what if said next patch fixes things in a way that makes your game play more enjoyable? Recently they've done a BUNCH of cool fixes...... aren't you curious?

Want to know what your sub pays for? http://www.swtor.com/free/features the list has been out since they announced free to play. Hover over character creation bubble for subscribers and read it. Sorry if you thought additional races should have been included in your sub when it explicitly says they are excluded. If you don't think the items listed here are worth the sub then you should unsub. The F2P system was designed because they wanted to give players more pricing options. If you never do operations or war zones and you want to role play or quest for story lines or whatever the game is nearly free especially when you consider what can be purchased from the GTN as far as authorizations go. For me I run operations every week and if I price the 700 coins i get monthly and the convenience of playing with out limitations the choice for me is clear so I stay subed.

The patch that fixes stuff is coming out as scheduled. This was like, a bonus patch. With cosmetic stuff. I mean, what if said next patch fixes things in a way that makes your game play more enjoyable? Recently they've done a BUNCH of cool fixes...... aren't you curious?

I am indeed curious. But I am no longer a True Believer, and I no longer have the faith to keep throwing dollars at them in the hopes they'll do something. If they surprise and amaze me, I'll be back.

If not, I won't have to keep puttering along believing I'm wasting time and money waiting for something that hasn't arrived.

Want to know what your sub pays for? http://www.swtor.com/free/features the list has been out since they announced free to play. Hover over character creation bubble for subscribers and read it. Sorry if you thought additional races should have been included in your sub when it explicitly says they are excluded. If you don't think the items listed here are worth the sub then you should unsub. The F2P system was designed because they wanted to give players more pricing options. If you never do operations or war zones and you want to role play or quest for story lines or whatever the game is nearly free especially when you consider what can be purchased from the GTN as far as authorizations go. For me I run operations every week and if I price the 700 coins i get monthly and the convenience of playing with out limitations the choice for me is clear so I stay subed.

Isn't that the page they edited like a week or two ago when they realized it still exposed the fact that they'd gone back on their word?

Or was that another page that listed the new species? I forget.

Isn't that the page they edited like a week or two ago when they realized it still exposed the fact that they'd gone back on their word?

Or was that another page that listed the new species? I forget.

Yep, I believe that is the one. We were supposed to forget about that already..:D

Edit:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130424122218/http://www.swtor.com/free/features

The text doesn't show due to database linking but the mouseover still works.

Edited by DAMossimo

I stand corrected. I guess I just had assumed that it would not be free as soon as they announced it....

Personally, I have no problem with them changing their mind...in this matter...mostly because I could care less about making a Cathar myself...but if they do they need to own up to it. The wayback machine never forgets - and it has lots of uses.