Joining Standard or Heavy servers?

Syxia

Hey all,

Just came from a server which is almost ALWAYS Light, and it's incredibly boring. While it seems to me that the tag of Light/Standard/Heavy seem to fluctuate and change based on amount of people logged in vs. the actual number of players on that server, is it worth it to join a naturally Heavy server?

It seems like a silly question, but I'd much prefer the company of other players, but was wondering if there's atrocious queue times (which I heard were pretty bad during the launch of this game.) How are they now, and what would you recommend?

Cheers!

Absolutely - heavy servers are the -best- for grouping, which is really the best way to experience an MMO. If you're in the market for a pve server, my server - The Jekk Jekk Thar, is usually quite busy .. though it has had a few short queues on weekends of late. There's a number of huge, very friendly guilds onboard, too.

As for the queues, shoot.. yeah, they were bad during launch. Million people trying to cram in all at once, of course they are - people are more settled in, now. Those queues I mentioned we had lately were like.. no more than ten minutes. Less than that.

Edited by Lheim

Is there any way to judge what's a good sized server? It seems that the status only updates based on current logins, and not total population. I'd hate to join a server where it's Standard but actually is Light.