Was there a patch today? Please tell me no....

sandyrocks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps upgrade your pc to something NOT made by Emachines or Leapfrog.

This is my PC...I'm pretty sure it's not on my side considering that all the other MMOs and FPS work with not one problem and I'm running on a brand new Samsung SSD. Not to mention that there are a lot of people with this same issue.

CPU Model: Intel i5-3570K

Video Card: Gigabyte GTX-670

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LE LGA 1155

Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR3

Storage: Crucial M4 SSD

Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1

Power Supply: Corsair GS800

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Maybe you shouldn't be an idiot....just a thought.

Edited by sandyrocks

Well considering people have been having this issue since launch I'm thinking that it's justified.

And I can post youtube videos of this problem from 2012 to show you if you like.

My apologies sandy, that wasn't directed at you per say, it was about the preemptive complaining NOT being a new thing. It happens, it'll continue to happen and in some cases, it's quite valid. I'm sure your situation warrants it.

Well considering people have been having this issue since launch I'm thinking that it's justified.

And I can post youtube videos of this problem from 2012 to show you if you like.

SOME people have been having this problem.

Most of them have root caused it and solved it on their end.

Some have just given up and moved on.

Some come to the forums every patch and complain like helpless victims.

Regardless.. you need to be working out your angst somewhere else.. like in the Customer Service Forum... or a reputable computer service shop.

Better yet.. do a root cause analysis on your system and find you why you get hosed every patch.

I'm pretty sure there is not code on Biowares side that says: IF patch = 1 THEN shaft -> sandyrocks.

This is my PC...I'm pretty sure it's not on my side considering that all the other MMOs and FPS work with not one problem and I'm running on a brand new Samsung SSD. Not to mention that there are a lot of people with this same issue.

CPU Model: Intel i5-3570K

Video Card: Gigabyte GTX-670

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LE LGA 1155

Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR3

Storage: Crucial M4 SSD

Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1

Power Supply: Corsair GS800

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922

Pretty good match for my system. I have an i7 and a GTX680 and a little more RAM. Other than that, same-same.

And another perfect patch today, just like all the other ones. Slick, smooth, and on time.

Must be Bioware's fault.

Pretty good match for my system. I have an i7 and a GTX680 and a little more RAM. Other than that, same-same.

And another perfect patch today, just like all the other ones. Slick, smooth, and on time.

Must be Bioware's fault.

yep because if you don't have this problem then it can't be real....all the other people having it must be insane. The world must revolve around you...amazing.

User configuration error...ie: drivers, third party programs, virus, bad ram, etc.

There is something the game does not like about my PC...I just put in a new SSD/new windows install and still got the same thing. Also all my drivers are updated....so call it MY PC but it's Bioware's game that does not like something on my PC.

There is something the game does not like about my PC...I just put in a new SSD/new windows install and still got the same thing. Also all my drivers are updated....so call it MY PC but it's Bioware's game that does not like something on my PC.

I love how one user gives a valid suggestion followed by some sarcasm and you completely ignore their suggestion and snark back at them.

Have you tried to do a root cause trace? Or any kind of troubleshooting on your end?

Personally, I try to make sure that all my ducks are in a row before I go snarking at anyone who has a comment to provide and definitely before I start criticizing people whose jobs it is to know much more about this stuff than I do.

For the record, outdated drivers had once caused me issues with this game, and Customer Service was kind enough to explain it to me without any need for me to get snarky about it with them.

Edited by RisenDragon

I love how one user gives a valid suggestion followed by some sarcasm and you completely ignore their suggestion and snark back at them.

Have you tried to do a root cause trace? Or any kind of troubleshooting on your end?

Personally, I try to make sure that all my ducks are in a row before I go snarking at anyone who has a comment to provide and definitely before I start criticizing people whose jobs it is to know much more about this stuff than I do.

For the record, outdated drivers had once caused me issues with this game, and Customer Service was kind enough to explain it to me without any need for me to get snarky about it with them.

I did not "snark back" at that poster. And like I said I installed a new SSD and fresh install of windows. I also went in and made sure all my drivers were updated and turned off my virus/firewall before trying to install.

You may not be the only one with the issue, but the fact is that there are a great many people (one may even be so presumptuous to claim that it is a 'vast majority') who do not.

This seems to validate the inclination that Bioware/EA might, in fact, not be the ones at fault. That assumption may be false, but it is a valid assumption if thousands of people recieve the same patch and only a small section of that consumer base has an issue with the product.

I did not "snark back" at that poster. And like I said I installed a new SSD and fresh install of windows. I also went in and made sure all my drivers were updated and turned off my virus/firewall before trying to install.

Oh, right. Cause the following isn't snark at all.

Lemme just pull out my dictionary and re-write the definition of sarcasm then.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

You may not be the only one with the issue, but the fact is that there are a great many people (one may even be so presumptuous to claim that it is a 'vast majority') who do not.

This seems to validate the inclination that Bioware/EA might, in fact, not be the ones at fault. That assumption may be false, but it is a valid assumption if thousands of people recieve the same patch and only a small section of that consumer base has an issue with the product.

ah no. Again if you google "swtor patch repair loop" you will see it's been around a long time for a lot of people.

I know it's something the game does not like about my pc but if this many people are having the same issue then it's probably optimization issue on Bioware's part.

Oh, right. Cause the following isn't snark at all.

Lemme just pull out my dictionary and re-write the definition of sarcasm then.

Maybe you're sensitive...

And the second post was "snark" for a reason...he was "snark".

So, you've determined that your SSD likely isn't the issue, and I'm presuming that Windows 7 is also not an issue since I personally am also running the same OS.

Have you tried checking your programs or anything else? Are all your drivers up to date? Have you tried patching without opening any other programs?

So, you've determined that your SSD likely isn't the issue, and I'm presuming that Windows 7 is also not an issue since I personally am also running the same OS.

Have you tried checking your programs or anything else? Are all your drivers up to date? Have you tried patching without opening any other programs?

yeah...I have. I'm lost on what could be the hang-up at this point.