I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

You are the 1% of the subbers. Subbers PAY for PVP and PVE content. Not subbers play just for what you said. BW should focus on what Subbers WANT.

Story, Characters, Romances are other forms of PvE Content. Also, Tatteri said that that was what him/her & his/her friends were interested in, therefore that was his/her opinion.

Edited by Altyrell

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the 1% of the subbers. Subbers PAY for PVP and PVE content. Not subbers play just for what you said. BW should focus on what Subbers WANT.

Nope. And that number is no way fact. I'd put the numbers at about even tbh. SWTOR is teh first to put this much emphasis on STORY and CHARACTER INTERACTIONS. That drew a ton of people away from such games as WoW and Rift and what the **** ever else.

You want PvP and PvE content? Go back to WoW.

I'm a subber. My friends are subbers. Other people I don;t know are subbers. And they like and want CONTENT. Which includes SGR.

So why u paying for free content? Story mode is free. Only subbers can PVP and PVE.

U're still "the 1%". Most of subbers pay to play PVP and PVE. Free players play for story.

We pay for UI elements, the artifact gear, to chat, and not be jut *********** restricted. And F2Pers can do all that. It's called buying passes. If they want.

Boy, you are SURE out of touch with the general subbing SWTOR community outside these forums.

I sub this game. I have subbed this game since it was possible to sub this game (Pre-Order Collectors Edition), and I have been continuously subbed to this game in 6 month increments, because I believe in this game and I believe in Bioware and I want both to succeed.

I play this game for the story content, including Full SGR for all.

So yes. Bioware should focus on what Subbers WANT. Yes, Please.

Well lets see: "focus on warzones, planets and minigames and a better iilum "

I have never suggested anything of the sort. I suggested things like server mergers, guild functionality and bug fixes. Those things would help a much bigger majority of the people whereas SGRs only cater to a small portion of the community.

I have never suggested anything of the sort. I suggested things like server mergers, guild functionality and bug fixes. Those things would help.

And yet still, those things don't involve the respective Departments of the Writing & Voice Overs. So again, SGR inclusion didn't take any resources or man power from those areas. Also I never did say that you suggested those things, I pointed them out as you quoted that person and I presumed that you meant that SGR's should've been pushed back for those features. If I misinterpreted then I appologize

Edited by Altyrell

So why u paying for free content? Story mode is free. Only subbers can PVP and PVE.

U're still "the 1%". Most of subbers pay to play PVP and PVE. Free players play for story.

Maybe because by paying they want to encourage Bioware to come out with even more story, rather than waste time on raids that will be consumed and then abandoned in a month or two, or yet another buggy warzone where marauders again dominate due to imbalance?

I have never suggested anything of the sort. I suggested things like server mergers, guild functionality and bug fixes. Those things would help a much bigger majority of the people whereas SGRs only cater to a small portion of the community.

Yet again you hang onto a un proven statement. For some reason I cannot find your other response to my post earlier but regardless you mentioned that I was trying to derail the discussion here is where you are wrong. For one this is slowly becoming a debate and not a discussion. Also you mentioned that I suggested you can't share your opinion? Where exactly did I say that? All I was trying to point out is that you still continuously hang onto the claim that SGR is for a minority. Yes we all know it is a your opinion and I already know you stated you not speaking for everyone but every response you have given has this statement which means you are actually trying to speak for everyone. You see a opinion is meaningless if you can't back it up and up until now you have not so good luck trying to convince other's of your point of view as you have certainly not convinced me.

Edited by theUndead

And yet still, those things don't involve the respective Departments of the Writing & Voice Overs. So again, SGR inclusion didn't take any resources or man power from those areas. Also I never did say that you suggested those things, I pointed them out as you quoted that person and I presumed that you meant that SGR's should've been pushed back for those features. If I misinterpreted then I appologize

What departments these things come from is of no concern. They have an overall budget. I would not have used any of those resources on something that affects such a small amount of the community.

What departments these things come from is of no concern. They have an overall budget.

It is when they have nothing to do with each other and you seem to be under the impression that the inclusion of SGRA's which you admit was planned to be added since before the Game went live, takes a massive chunk out of the overall budget.

Please stop referring to the community as being small for the love of whomever, just please STOP already. We get that your opinion is that the community is small, but seriously stop saying it in what practically seems like every single one of your posts.

It is when they have nothing to do with each other and you seem to be under the impression that the inclusion of SGRA's which you admit was planned to be added since before the Game went live, takes a massive chunk out of the overall budget.

Please stop referring to the community as being small for the love of whomever, just please STOP already. We get that your opinion is that the community is small, but seriously stop saying it in what practically seems like every single one of your posts.

Why on earth should I stop saying what I think? Because you don't like it? The fact that I believe that SGRs cater to such a small part of the community is the core of this thread. If it catered to the masses, I would have nothing to say.

Edited by TheBBP

So when should they be added in your opinion?

First of all, let's understand a few facts.. SGR isn't going or break this game.. Nobody is going to subscibe to this game just because they can watch about a minutes worth of video of their character kissing a companion.. Or the ever so rare fade to black as your character supposedly gets it on with either a companion or an NPC.. It just isn't going to happen.. If someone is actually going to quit because they can't watch the above... Well then they probably shouldn't be playing MMO's to begin with..

People will however leave out or sheer boredom of having nothing to do.. Which is a major issue in this game right now.. There just isn't enough filler stuff.. You can only run ops so many times.. Lockouts prevent you from running them more than once a week.. Like them or not, lockouts are a limiting factor.. I agree with them, but it means we need other things we can do.. Dailies get boring after doing them for about a week.. Flashpoints are stupidly easy and lose their attraction after about the 4th or 5th time.. People only do them for the BH comms.. You can only PVP the same warzones so many times without getting bored..

The fact of the matter is, players are bored.. We need more to do on multple fronts.. SGR is NOT going to fix any of these issues or prevent anyone from moving to another MMO.. What Bioware did in another game with SGR is irrelevent.. This game isn't going to sink or swim based on SGR.. If people don't have enough to do, it will most certianly sink.. And well.. It is sinking.. SGR's isn't going to stop that..

So when should SGR be added?? When there is enough to do besides OPs, PVP warszones, and dailies.. When milling around the fleet isn't the most popular activity..

We need a dueling area on the fleet..

We need some form of gambling..

We need PVP arena's for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and maybe even 4v4..

We need world PVP, like what Ilum was meant to be..

We need more events and reaccuring events.. Both weekly and monthly..

Grind for Rep with factions..

We simply need things to do.. There are countless things..

No.. I am not saying that all need to be added before SGR is added.. But right now we have none of them.. Why can't we get a few things to get us and this game going again??

It would also be nice if Bioware could catch on to the idea of fixing things without breaking something else.. It is really frustrating as a player to see some bugs fixed while others are created..

Now can you?? Give me a single reason why SGR should be added now, and how it would benefit everyone that plays this game?? At the very least, the vast majority?? How will it make people in large numbers want to subscribe?? I am quite certian that when someone looks to subscribe to an MMO, flirting with an NPC or companion for about a minute total is not high on the list of things that are important.. At least is shouldn't be..

Edited by MajikMyst

Bioware/EA/LucasArts never advertised SGR in SWTOR.

SGR adds nothing to the story either.

SGR is not missing.

All we are saying is that there is some more important things that need to be added and fixed before SGR is added.

Ah, but at the same time, before this game went live, they did come out and say that they did have plans for SGRA's to be added Post-Launch

Not yet, but in the future it might.

Plus, the SGR NPC's on Makeb could potentially be turned into an NPC similar to Jaxo, an NPC that Male Troopers can really Romance

Technically, yes SGR's are missing

And most of what people list as being "more important" then the inclusions of SGRA's tend to not have anything to do with the Departments involved in the creation of SGRA's.

Edited by Altyrell

On the pre-launch forums, the 20+ incarnations of the SGRA thread had a poll asking which romance options you would pursue, including an option for those who would not pursue romances at all. 30% consistently answered that they would pursue SGRAs. That is not an insignificant number, and it doesn't even include those who wouldn't take part in SGRAs themselves but still supported their inclusion for others.

@MajikMyst I think the reason that SGR needs to be added prior to many of the things that you mentioned is that its more of a base feature from a programming perspective and to add it later would be significantly harder... dialogues are based on relationships and the longer you wait to finish the relationship module the less content it will apply to as I am sure they are not thrilled about rewrites of old content...

not to mention that much of the old content might be unaccessible to many players, hence diminishing the reason to add sgr at all

In exchange for some severely-needed fixes and additions? I would vote for that.

What you're doing there is saying you want all players who are buying makeb to wait for it, until you get what you think the game needs. I'm betting the majority of players will be getting makeb, so what's it to be? You say sgr shouldn't be in because it doesn't benefit the majority of players, but you'd deny the majority of players everything makeb has, so they can develop things like pazakk?

What you're doing there is saying you want all players who are buying makeb to wait for it, until you get what you think the game needs. I'm betting the majority of players will be getting makeb, so what's it to be? You say sgr shouldn't be in because it doesn't benefit the majority of players, but you'd deny the majority of players everything makeb has, so they can develop things like pazakk?

Who mentioned Pazaak? Have you been following this thread at all?

Edited by TheBBP

In exchange for some severely-needed fixes and additions? I would vote for that.

Then maybe you should have made that post instead of picking on one feature that in of itself is tied to adding more story.

It would be less potentially charged to say we shouldn't have an expansion without having core systems and long time bugs addressed first.

Then maybe you should have made that post instead of picking on one feature that in of itself is tied to adding more story.

It would be less potentially charged to say we shouldn't have an expansion without having core systems and long time bugs addressed first.

What about this thread is charged? How does the fact that I believe that other fixes and additions are more important than SGRs make this thread charged? There is nothing political, social, religious or otherwise about this thread. It is about what I believe are misplaced priorities.

I chose to highlight SGRs because I believe that they cater to a small portion of the community whereas some of the other things that I have listed could benefit far more people.

Ultimately, this thread won't matter. I know that I am not changing anything. I am merely stating my opinion on the matter.

Edited by TheBBP

What about this thread is charged? How does the fact that I believe that other fixes and additions are more important than SGRs make this thread charged? There is nothing political, social, religious or otherwise about this thread. It is about what I believe are misplaced priorities.

You should have given your thread a title more befitting your actual stance.

Your title is "I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs." This says that you do not believe that homosexual romances should be included in the game. Period. If you are worried about priorities, then your title should read more like, "SGRs should take a back seat to bug fixes."

Of course, in that case, it already has. For about a year. Since Makeb is being released in Spring, they've decided to include something for a "small portion of players" (a phrase that has no meaning since you've not defined your criteria for size) to enjoy.

Edited by JacenHallis

I do have a question for you BBP, what specifically is your list of what should be put in (or whatever) before the Rise of the Hutt Cartel &/or the SGR NPC's on Makeb

• Server Transfers
  • More Guild Functionality
  • Massive Bug Squashing

As far as overall priorities go, these would be my top 3. These are not the top 3 things that I want personally, but instead they are the top 3 things that I think that the game could use more than SGRs.

My personal top 3 would be:

1. Mentoring
  2. Guild Ships
  3. SSSP

It is because those that ask for it, tend to ask that it specifically allows them to turn on/off SGRA's. What they fail to realize is that would be considered segregation & discrimination. If they were to ever make such a feature, it would have to be turn on/off ALL Romances.

OK. I don't see the need for a toggle. I was just answering him.

• Server Transfers
  • More Guild Functionality
  • Massive Bug Squashing

Other than the massive bug squashing which seems to really elude them, they did say that more guild functionality is something planned in RotHC as well as server transfers.