What is a good class to reroll as (Repub) in POT5 for NiM TFB+ progression raiding?

paowee

Ok, so I'll be the first to expose myself to sh***storms from players of all other classes ;-)

Derived from what's viable for Dreadguards as the hardest fight in TFB NiM and what will still work fine on the rest fo the bosses and probably for Thrasher as the hardest boss in S&V NiM:

Tank: Guardian (you need constant high mitigation)

DPS: Sentinel, probably Watchman specc (for combination of DPS, survivability (watchman) and utility (mainly inspiration (both speccs))).

For pure DPS it'd be Slinger, as you know very well :-)

Heal: Sage (Strong AoE Heal needed, as a lot of DMG basically hits the whole group a lot of the times - probably the most disputable class still...)

Thanks for the tips guys. Was just mainly wondering if there are any "specific" classes that certain 16-man NiM guilds in this server are looking for to fill up their roster for NiM SnV. With the double xp weekends coming up (and progression in my guild is limited to 8-man atm, there has not been a lot to do). Edited by paowee

There aren't a lot of 16m NiM guilds here period, never mind pacific time :/

well this server has the most 16-m nim tfb guilds..

the bastion has.. 1 pub (level capped)

the harbinger has select few and momentum (imp / pub)

pot5 has chosen and severity

i didnt look much at shadowlands because carnage i think is the only "visible" 16-m guild from there and they lost peeps and did a merger.

there's a ton more 16-m guilds overall in this server after doing some research. but unfortunately you guys play early in the afternoon PST time.

also after ~2 days of forum searching, there seems to be a lack of NiM progression WEST COAST guilds overall too.

Edited by paowee

There are a few more than that, I think. I remember seeing messages in fleet chats and the forums about <Rude Dudes> (pub), and <E>, <Disturbance>, and <Rogue Design> on the imp side before 2.2, but I haven't been paying attention to any of that since tfb dropped. I don't know who is still recruiting, or working on a 16m team. I'm sure there are others that either haven't been recruiting or I haven't seen.

There are a few more than that, I think. I remember seeing messages in fleet chats and the forums about <Rude Dudes> (pub), and <E>, <Disturbance>, and <Rogue Design> on the imp side before 2.2, but I haven't been paying attention to any of that since tfb dropped. I don't know who is still recruiting, or working on a 16m team. I'm sure there are others that either haven't been recruiting or I haven't seen.

Pot5 seems to be the "bests" server to roll for PVE if you want good guilds and a good pve population. It's either Harbinger or Pot5.

Will most likely transfer my sniper. Hopefully i can find a guild for my gunslinger.

either here... or harbinger... still dont know which server has the biggest chance of helping me get into "hardcore" NiM raiding

I tried levelling a toon from scratch, too much work and i think i'll just transfer a toon to get legacy perks.

Edited by paowee

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the tips guys. Was just mainly wondering if there are any "specific" classes that certain 16-man NiM guilds in this server are looking for to fill up their roster for NiM SnV. With the double xp weekends coming up (and progression in my guild is limited to 8-man atm, there has not been a lot to do).

nvm i stoopid

Edited by OldSpiceSwag

Rude Dudes haven't been raiding for almost 3 months but we will be returning soon. Might have to settle for 8 man for a while though. As a fellow GS love your engineering videos paowee but I find it rather counter intuitive that a ranged spec can only do max damage in melee range, /dumB.