The new event...

NuSeC

Is to pull more real money from players by marketing digital items at half price.

Woo!

I have spent thousands of dollars on this game and the market. Much of it I thought was to help the company with funds for more playable content (what I thought I was doing). I know I was not the only one. However my main draw to the game has always been PVP (I have 2 elite warlords and several others of my 20 toons @75+ valor. Now I don't really care to mess with WZs as they have made the choice to punish peeps for being on bad teams so you no longer get any credit if you lose.

I am trying to hold on but man if they are not shooting themselves in the foot at nearly every turn.

I am struggling with reasons to log in and play anymore - I have subbed from launch and just not seeing much return on investment. :( Makes me sad the money and time invested - I loved this game.

Is to pull more real money from players by marketing digital items at half price.

Woo!

I have spent thousands of dollars on this game and the market. Much of it I thought was to help the company with funds for more playable content (what I thought I was doing). I know I was not the only one. However my main draw to the game has always been PVP (I have 2 elite warlords and several others of my 20 toons @75+ valor. Now I don't really care to mess with WZs as they have made the choice to punish peeps for being on bad teams so you no longer get any credit if you lose.

I am trying to hold on but man if they are not shooting themselves in the foot at nearly every turn.

I am struggling with reasons to log in and play anymore - I have subbed from launch and just not seeing much return on investment. :( Makes me sad the money and time invested - I loved this game.

I feel you 😢

Or, a less cynical approach might be to thank them for making your monthly CC grant go twice as far as normal. 🙄

And, as I often say, if your main draw is PvP, you're playing the wrong type of game. 😉

And, as I often say, if your main draw is PvP, you're playing the wrong type of game. 😉

I disagree. You have made it clear that you do not pvp....fine...to each their own! What most non pvp'ers don't understand is STWOR provides a rather unique pvp experience vs. other games. The speed in which it happens. During my break, I decided to give WoW pvp another shot. It was painfully slow and just did not provide a very good experience. Hence, back to SWTOR.

Point is that there are many people who enjoy many different aspects of the game and, if they have issues, are not told that they are "playing the wrong type of game". Pvp'ers have the same right to express their likes/dislikes similarly to every other player. I think most pvp'ers just see the potential this game has to offer and get frustrated. No harm, no foul. :D

Edited by Nickodemous

Or, a less cynical approach might be to thank them for making your monthly CC grant go twice as far as normal. 🙄

Funny, was not the "wrong type of game." until the changes. ... "as I often say" lol OK game dictator man. Thousands of people played this game for PVP. YOU do not get to dictate what games people play or why. :D

Also, less cynical? Thank them? lol!

You can say less cynical, I can say oblivious to reality. 🙄 You can pick up where I left off and spend spend spend on that cash shop and thank them while you do it.

Funny, was not the "wrong type of game." until the changes. ... "as I often say" lol OK game dictator man. Thousands of people played this game for PVP. YOU do not get to dictate what games people play or why. :D

Also, less cynical? Thank them? lol!

You can say less cynical, I can say oblivious to reality. 🙄 You can pick up where I left off and spend spend spend on that cash shop and thank them while you do it.

Just as many thousands don't> agree that this game provides something for many different type of players

As for the sale, I am happy with it as unlocked several items I wanted. Not spent any extra this time round as just used the monthly sub and key CC, as I would be subbing any way regardless of monthly sub CC, I am OK with it.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Just as many thousands don't> agree that this game provides something for many different type of players

As for the sale, I am happy with it as unlocked several items I wanted. Not spent any extra this time round as just used the monthly sub and key CC, as I would be subbing any way regardless of monthly sub CC, I am OK with it.

I am not saying they should not have a sale... I am saying it is like the only "event" going on right now. Also, I said thousands do play PVP or did. That does not by default mean that thousands did not. I would have thought that was something that did not need to be said but whatever. Seems more people are argumentative and take things too personal if someone says they do not like something about the game. I thought it would have been clear that I loved the game and have subbed from launch. You do not need to defend the dumb things that are done with it or things other players do not like.

I disagree. You have made it clear that you do not pvp....fine...to each their own!

Point is that there are many people who enjoy many different aspects of the game and, if they have issues, are not told that they are "playing the wrong type of game". Pvp'ers have the same right to express their likes/dislikes similarly to every other player. I think most pvp'ers just see the potential this game has to offer and get frustrated. No harm, no foul. :D

Correct, I don't PvP ... in SWTOR. However, I do play a First Person Shooter almost daily, which is my PvP.

I have no problem with people wanting to PvP, or do Swoop racing, or playing the GTN market, or whatever else they might want to do, but, as I said, if you mainly play SWTOR just for the PvP (or the Swoop racing, or the GTN, or, etc) you are playing the wrong game in so far as you could play something like Star Wars: Battlefront to have a more 'pure' PvP environment. (Or, Mario Kart instead of Swoop racing, a Stock Market simulator instead of the GTN, etc.)

My main problem with SWTOR PvP'ers in general though, is that they too often get on here talking as if PvP is the heart and soul of SWTOR and the game would die without it. You know, the "fix PvP or SWTOR will die" sort of posts.

And as I said in another post, the fact that they keep releasing non-PvP related content such as Swoop Racing, the Feast, etc, should tell you something. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

Correct, I don't PvP ... in SWTOR. However, I do play a First Person Shooter almost daily, which is my PvP.

I have no problem with people wanting to PvP, or do Swoop racing, or playing the GTN market, or whatever else they might want to do, but, as I said, if you mainly play SWTOR just for the PvP (or the Swoop racing, or the GTN, or, etc) you are playing the wrong game in so far as you could play something like Star Wars: Battlefront to have a more 'pure' PvP environment. (Or, Mario Kart instead of Swoop racing, a Stock Market simulator instead of the GTN, etc.)

My main problem with SWTOR PvP'ers in general though, is that they too often get on here talking as if PvP is the heart and soul of SWTOR and the game would die without it. You know, the "fix PvP or SWTOR will die" sort of posts.

And as I said in another post, the fact that they keep releasing non-PvP related content such as Swoop Racing, the Feast, etc, should tell you something. 🤔

I agree. I also enjoy other aspects of the game besides pvp. I actually like rep grinds, various events, working for titles, etc. So I get your point.

As far as pvp and those that participate, they are a passionate lot! They are very competitive, hate losing, and can get rather triggered at times. Also, they can be a tad bit toxic, rather demanding, and be a little self serving. You know what though, despite all that, they are a damn fun group to spend some time with. All in all, they are probably the most vocal group in the game.....what is the old saying..... "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"? They just better at being "squeaky" than other groups. Probably why the pvp community gets such a bad rap sometimes.

Edit: There have been several changes to the world of pvp in SWTOR recently. Not all content has been directed exclusively to pve. You know, the pvp changes that seemed to just have dumped fuel onto a fire for some? The same ones that have gotten some all whipped up into a frenzy. So much so that we totally avoid the pvp forums now and just jump straight into the Gen forums? The pvp community is an interesting one.....you gotta love em! :)

Edited by Nickodemous

I admit I cannot understand why anyone plays any game for PVP. I hate PVP/ I have no interest in add game designers always penalize PVE players by nerfing skills because of PVP abuse. In the original Guld Wars they were able to make PVP versions of skills so they could stop nerfing PVE. Then they went off and made that dreadfull Guild Wars 2.

You do realize many people play just for the pve and story right? They aren't any less entitled to the game than you are. They simply enjoy it differently.

I would snip his quote from your message, chances are, if a mod sees his post, he might get in to trouble, and you might also for quoting it.

Edited by DarkTergon