Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Augments

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jdast
10.02.2020 , 01:41 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
That also means we get as much story content as they can make on a skeleton crew.

Logic, the most cruel of Mistresses, you have struck again.
Oh Ceryxp, ye who knows what an Oxford comma means.

You should know that AP writing style now discourages the use of mistress b/c there is no male equivalent. It is now archaic and sexist to use that term.

Ergo, it is not just logic, but fate, that is a cruel female companion.

Dasty

ceryxp
10.02.2020 , 03:51 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Oh Ceryxp, ye who knows what an Oxford comma means.

You should know that AP writing style now discourages the use of mistress b/c there is no male equivalent. It is now archaic and sexist to use that term.

Ergo, it is not just logic, but fate, that is a cruel female companion.

Dasty
LOL, funny you should mention that considering what happened over in this thread where I dared to use a gender neutral pronoun.

And yes, many a row was had between myself, my editors, and my journalism professor in college. They would frequently remind me that AP style does not use the Oxford comma, and I would inform them that AP is wrong. When AP announced they would do away with hyphens it was almost war. Battle lines were drawn and friendships were severed, but fortunately the AP relented, rescinding some of their proposed guidance. Alas, we lovers of the Oxford comma have yet to feel the thrill of vindication for your wayward little comma.

Edit:
I should add, these discussions were all good natured. We would even make a game of coming up with sentences that were ambiguous in the absence of an Oxford comma. For example, "I love cooking, my kids and my dog."
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

JediQuaker
10.03.2020 , 08:13 AM | #393
Isn't "Mister" the male equivalent of Mistress? 🙂

Or is it "sugar daddy"?. 🤔

Or maybe, Simp? 😂
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

DarkTergon
10.03.2020 , 11:03 AM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Isn't "Mister" the male equivalent of Mistress? 🙂

Or is it "sugar daddy"?. 🤔

Or maybe, Simp? 😂
I'm not sure, but is it not master? The example that pops to mind is K-9 (Doctor Who) when talking to a male char, he refers to them as Master, and a female as Mistress. They've also done it with the Master, when they changed gender, she became missy (Mistress)
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-E63guCro Fun SWTOR Video
Click for goodies

X-Oma-X
10.03.2020 , 08:45 PM | #395
The stupidest idea for a long time to force people playing ranked pvp and mm operations.

The person who made this up should be fired.