COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

Kratier

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Force forbid people actually make friends in this game and would like to play game modes together.

If you don't wait to get stomped by premades, you can, and say it with me, MAKE. YOUR. OWN. PREMADE.

:eek:

Friendship is Magic, Seeeeeeeeee-yaaaath!

I love everything you said except the MLP reference.

I thought you weren't a Bronie.

no point in even subbing or paying to get in early, its garbage and ruined

you'd think theyd learn from battlegrounds, but nope.

Translation:

- I am a bad player who cannot make friends in an MMO. Please prevent others from playing together and beating me.

Correction: I am a Brony, not a Bronie. I will make the occasional reference, but I will not force others into watching the show or view cartoon ponies as objects of sexual desire.

Plus, the end quip ties it all together.

Translation:

- I am a bad player who cannot make friends in an MMO. Please prevent others from playing together and beating me.

The sad part isn't that he can't/doesn't want to make friends. The sad part is calling people you play online with "friends".

But, as someone who queues for GSF solo almost exclusively, premades aren't half as bad as in ground PvP against pugs. They can't be everywhere (unless it's a full-full premade, the probability of which is very low), and you can have your fun by committing lightning-fast attacks on weakly-defended sats (barrel=>boost=>barrel and you're near a sat from the spawn point already), no matter the ship you're using.

One can appreciate the art without going rabid. Or is someone in schoolyard mood today, hmm?

OMG YES!

Please, Bioware, please stop people from cooperating in this multiplayer game!

It should be expressly forbidden to actually work with eachother in a coordinated manner!

It ruins the fun of all of us who are unable to make any friends because of our personality, and that is unfair!

:rolleyes:

Although I generally agree with your feelings on this, I still think it would be better to have random warzones where you can only q as solo and a separate q for premade teams. In the end there is a definite advantage to having both. What BW's problem is though in my view is that there isn't enough PvP going on to be able to separate it into different activities. At the same time, the fact that everything is sort of thrown together makes it that people lose interest in pvp altogether.

Like it or not, the fact that a group of 4 that enters together has a massive advantage over a team that doesn't have that creates an imbalance and pushes people out of the PvP activities because they feel like there's no point. You may say good riddance but in the end it means less people playing PvP again and longer queues yet again.

Personally I haven't had much of a problem with this yet but I am pretty sure this isn't the last we heard of it and I think PvP in general needs some help and I think throwing everyone on the same heap for quicker queues is counterproductive in the end.

Honestly, people may love or hate GW1, but that game had a much better idea how to handle PvP and offer different formats for it. Not a perfect game either but oddly they had it figured out much better there than in GW2.

SWTOR just didn't have the right formats from the start and I hope that GSF will soon get new maps that are not domination style because that's one of the problems. Domination requires people to sit and defend even when no one attacks and people get bored, abandon post and get yelled at for it. Surely there's a reason why more PvP oriented games like shooters have ctf and death match style maps.

If you don't wait to get stomped by premades, you can, and say it with me, MAKE. YOUR. OWN. PREMADE.

Shut up.

Go back to your Nintendo ds.

Profit.

In other words, "get a group or get out" (plus the, apparently necessary, insult/mockery/jerk comment).

Now, don't get me wrong. It is a valid response. The developers have full right to put any artifical obstacle or gate to any content (and to be honest, it's just an obstacle in this case, as nothing prevents you to play without a premade). So if they don't want to bother with giving casuals (gasp) or simply average players (gasp!) a fair chance, so be it.

Sure, they bothered enough in the case PVE, by creating Storymode versions of Flashpoints and Operations and with the introduction of Groupfinder. Without either, the response to "I can't do XY" would be the same as one of the above. Why they did it? Well, my bold guess is that they wanted to have as many people as possible playing the content ...

In other words, "get a group or get out" (plus the, apparently necessary, insult/mockery/jerk comment).

Now, don't get me wrong. It is a valid response. The developers have full right to put any artifical obstacle or gate to any content (and to be honest, it's just an obstacle in this case, as nothing prevents you to play without a premade). So if they don't want to bother with giving casuals (gasp) or simply average players (gasp!) a fair chance, so be it.

Sure, they bothered enough in the case PVE, by creating Storymode versions of Flashpoints and Operations and with the introduction of Groupfinder. Without either, the response to "I can't do XY" would be the same as one of the above. Why they did it? Well, my bold guess is that they wanted to have as many people as possible playing the content ...

To play the Devil's advocate - some people like to play *against* other people in MMOs -but they don't like playing *with* other people. OWPvP usually is a good option for such players. However, in SWToR, it lacks any meaning, or incentive, compared to other forms of PvP.

Edited by Helig

Because Force forbid people actually make friends in this game and would like to play game modes together.
That's such a blatant straw man.

Nobody wants premades to be banned from playing together. They're asking for queues to be separated so that premades face other premades and pugs other pugs. The idea being the matches are more entertaining for both parties.

I don't even play GSF but I can't help but agree. WoW has separated premades from pugs for several years now, but WoW takes its pvp far more seriously than SWToR of course (cross server queues, OWPvP zones, tournament realm etc).

Pre-mades have ruined it.

But in fairness there wasn't a great deal to ruin. Win or lose its boring and if you do play it your experience isn't enhanced in anyway. Really BW need to think about how much time and work has been invested in offering players 2 pvp maps and how far they really thought they could take it.

Pre-mades have ruined it.

But in fairness there wasn't a great deal to ruin. Win or lose its boring and if you do play it your experience isn't enhanced in anyway. Really BW need to think about how much time and work has been invested in offering players 2 pvp maps and how far they really thought they could take it.

On the other hand we know that more maps and ships are on the way, so this really is just the early beginnings. Still, I do agree PvP as a whole needs a bit more help. We need the extra maps but also extra incentives and in my view separate queues to make it work.

So maybe at least try to coordinate with the randoms! There is an Ops chat like in warzones, y'know, and while typing takes some time, it usually takes a whopping four keystrokes to alert your team to impending doom at a given target including the enemy count. You have been given a great big keyboard with letters 'n stuff to type out information and share it with other players.

For some reason though, nobody seems to use the chat in PvP matches, no matter if it's ground or space, and then they wonder why they get swamped by people who communicate, turn to the forums and go all teary-eyed.

Here's hoping that the alluded improvements to the squad system include communications-for-dummies.

That's such a blatant straw man.

Nobody wants premades to be banned from playing together. They're asking for queues to be separated so that premades face other premades and pugs other pugs. The idea being the matches are more entertaining for both parties.

I don't even play GSF but I can't help but agree. WoW has separated premades from pugs for several years now, but WoW takes its pvp far more seriously than SWToR of course (cross server queues, OWPvP zones, tournament realm etc).

What you don't seem to understand is this will never work in this mmo. I dare you to try this get 8 friend have them hit the que button at the same time what what happens 97% of the time a premade. What i telling you is there no way to fix it because they will still get in a premade group.

Wow has cross server ques we don't so you will see this behavior until that happens since the devs said that they cant make cross server work with the hero engine guess what your stuck with a way for premade to solo que and make a premade.

So maybe at least try to coordinate with the randoms! There is an Ops chat like in warzones, y'know, and while typing takes some time, it usually takes a whopping four keystrokes to alert your team to impending doom at a given target including the enemy count. You have been given a great big keyboard with letters 'n stuff to type out information and share it with other players.

For some reason though, nobody seems to use the chat in PvP matches, no matter if it's ground or space, and then they wonder why they get swamped by people who communicate, turn to the forums and go all teary-eyed.

Here's hoping that the alluded improvements to the squad system include communications-for-dummies.

Yeh I've seen that. Ops leader says please go to A and B...half the team goes to C. Besides typing while trying to dodge gunship sniper fire is not really an option...

Yeh I've seen that. Ops leader says please go to A and B...half the team goes to C. Besides typing while trying to dodge gunship sniper fire is not really an option...

Yes, typing in a fighter is suicide, and I think half of us don't even read, which is fair given how much info you are trying to absorb, and of course some of us are late to the party, and are still trying to figure things out (like why I suck at the gunship so much).

i love this bizarre concept that any new player to the game will be at a disadvantage to all day one players or "premades" and thus will not want to play the game ever again... if it worked like that then nobody would ever play except for the Day one / "premade" people...

where does this concept come from?.. it defies logical sense, it totally assumes everybody will try it once, get shot down, and never try it again afterwards, never wanting to improve and work their way to the top like those before them... maybe it's just those that are whining just because they don't want to put in the effort that others have to upgrade their ships, improve their skills, and make parties of wingmen they can trust to watch their backs...

Jesus the whiners in full effect! I play GSF everyday. I have played against and with all of the good players on my server. I recognize threats and wingmen. I have a 90% win ratio. I have been in a premade guild group maybe 10 matches out of the 500 i have played. I win against premades all the time. Am I an enigma or is your argument just crap?

the fact that people are still playing it invalidates their argument on it's own... and when Preferreds get access even more will be queuing up, trying to get better while those that want a free ride to the top will still be whining that's it's unfair that they have to start at the bottom like everybody else...

the fact that people are still playing it invalidates their argument on it's own... and when Preferreds get access even more will be queuing up, trying to get better while those that want a free ride to the top will still be whining that's it's unfair that they have to start at the bottom like everybody else...

That's why there is a matching system which will be important especially when f2p gets in. Presumably, as long as enough people queue you will be matched with people of more equal experience.

At the same time people who lose will always blame the system, Bioware, hacks etc. to excuse their own failings. That is something that needs to be taken into consideration as well in all this.