# (1) Issue Ignored, Comforting Issue RESOLVED?

MadCuzBad

I am not saying that the achievement issue was not an issue. It certainly was. And I am not saying (even though it doesn't effect me) that I am not glad to hear they are addressing it, but there is a much larger game breaking issue that need immediate attention.

The command points not being attached to legacy is a game breaker. I will not spend upwards of 350 plus hours to obtain a 300 command rank on more than 1 toon. I have dozens of characters that are min/maxed 208 PVP gear that I play. I have about 10 Imperial and 10 Republic characters that I PVP with on a regular basis.

Every character I play I ALWAYS have a duplicate of. I play both Imp and Pub in PVP all the time. This new gearing system is an absolute 100% game breaker for me. there is no way I would even consider playing it. Honestly even if it was legacy wide it is still a massive achievement but I could roll with it even though I don't want too. But to have this joke of a grind attached to each character, no way! No thanks. Not a chance. Thanks anyway, Ill pass.

Before you address the achievement issue, do us all a favor for the sake of this game and fix this first. When people realize how long this grind is going to take for each toon, I would suspect a bare minimum of 1/2 of the current subscribers to absolutely cancel their accounts. And I am not joking. I already did and so did a lot of other people I have been talking to in Discord.

TLDR; Attach this command gear grind to legacy ASAP. Stop the bleeding before people like me turn away for good. You have a lot of people that just re subbed. Get this thing right before their subscription ends. Get it done now. Do not do another thing until you get this fixed. That's great that your over ruling the DvsL achievements, but this is 100 time more important. FIX THIS NOW!! Like now meaning yesterday. Do not let this go much further. It needs an immediate fix.

Edited by MadCuzBad

I am not saying that the achievement issue was not an issue. It certainly was. And I am not saying (even though it doesn't effect me) that I am not glad to hear they are addressing it, but there is a much larger game breaking issue that need immediate attention.

The command points not being attached to legacy is a game breaker. I will not spend upwards of 350 plus hours to obtain a 300 command rank on more than 1 toon. I have dozens of characters that are min/maxed 208 PVP gear that I play. I have about 10 Imperial and 10 Republic characters that I PVP with on a regular basis.

Every character I play I ALWAYS have a duplicate of. I play both Imp and Pub in PVP all the time. This new gearing system is an absolute 100% game breaker for me. there is no way I would even consider playing it. Honestly even if it was legacy wide it is still a massive achievement but I could roll with it even though I don't want too. But to have this joke of a grind attached to each character, no way! No thanks. Not a chance. Thanks anyway, Ill pass.

Before you address the achievement issue, do us all a favor for the sake of this game and fix this first. When people realize how long this grind is going to take for each toon, I would suspect a bare minimum of 1/2 of the current subscribers to absolutely cancel their accounts. And I am not joking. I already did and so did a lot of other people I have been talking to in Discord.

TLDR; Attach this command gear grind to legacy ASAP. Stop the bleeding before people like me turn away for good. You have a lot of people that just re subbed. Get this thing right before their subscription ends. Get it done now. Do not do another thing until you get this fixed. That's great that your over ruling the DvsL achievements, but this is 100 time more important. FIX THIS NOW!! Like now meaning yesterday. Do not let this go much further. It needs an immediate fix.

Hey old friend good to see you posting. As usual I 100% support this post. Spot on!

The part that makes me sad is that I thoroughly enjoyed the KOTET story and it was everything I hoped it would be. But when you choose to support an MMO, you can't pick and choose what you support. It's all or nothing.

So this is the position people are put in... if they want the stuff they like, they have to support the ****** decisions too?

No thank you.

Really tired of being jerked around. :(

Sorry to tell you, but there is nothing to 'fix' it works as it is designed.

A lot of people don't agree with this design, that's their prerogative as is leaving the game, as there was plenty of forewarning about the system, so everybody could make up their mind. (I am not defending it and from your comparison of two issues point of view it doesn't matter).

Comparing it to something where people were screwed post fact (no forewarning, no achievements have ever been nuked to 0 before in this game ever) about their hard work, effort in many case money invested, is a bit of comparing apples to well, whales probably.

I still look at the game as a MMO even tho right now its been more of a solo player even with the uprising coming not all of us well take part in this type of game play. Even Wow has it per toon but achievements account wide. But this is BW/EA game and they do things there way. You can not all ways make every one happy. Words i had to put up with 2 + yrs ago when like you was into pvp in swtor but now see this as just another grind game. And we all know that ranked pvp was once great place for pvp but like the win traders it well soon see those hoping in the q for the CXP. I strongly feel it was a bad place to put the big CXp points. Cause soon a the non pvpers get the new what every its going to be to unlock its q well most likely flood it for the faster CXP and those that play it for the ranking well soon be stuck qq about the lack of pvpers in this q

The part that makes me sad is that I thoroughly enjoyed the KOTET story and it was everything I hoped it would be. But when you choose to support an MMO, you can't pick and choose what you support. It's all or nothing.

So this is the position people are put in... if they want the stuff they like, they have to support the ****** decisions too?

No thank you.

Really tired of being jerked around. :(

Yea, what is this, politics?

Is there some MAJOR NEED TO BE 300? Everyone is so focused on this but you get good gear all along. You don't need to be 300 to get good gear. This isn't meant for you to sit there for 100000 straight until you get to 300. You can;t make this legacy wide because then you'll be sharing 1 box per all of your toons.

Ehmm seriously, I say no for same reason once I reach lvl 70, I don't want all my characters being lvl 70.

People think the most important thing is to have the highest rank. Its not, however what is important, is you can still join a group whether it is pvp or pve content.

Not to say inflation and schematics will be penalized.

Edited by Allca

Ehmm seriously, I say no for same reason once I reach lvl 70, I don't want all my characters being lvl 70.

People think the most important thing is to have the highest rank. Its not, however what is important, is you can still join a group whether it is pvp or pve content.

No one's talking about making all your other characters automatically 70, but you do get legacy boni and gear to make levelling far easier after the first character. The issue with GC is, it's an utterly massive grind for every character with no way to shorten it. 4.0 was on the right track, making gearing fairly quick and straightforward so we could gear our alts and let us get on to enjoying the game without worrying about min/maxing gear anymore.

So do you reject legacy levels/rank?

Because command rank is basically the same thing. The only meaningful difference is that you can't level command rank until 70 and command rank gives end-game gear. If you took out the end-game gear part, it'd be the same type of system, but with some extra goodies.

Oh sorry, I thought you guys meant reaching Command Rank 300 without leveling your alts.

Else if not already possible, easiest thing is adding a 10-15% boost to CXP when reaching Command Rank 300 on your main!?

A lot of people don't agree with this design, that's their prerogative as is leaving the game, as there was plenty of forewarning about the system, so everybody could make up their mind. (I am not defending it and from your comparison of two issues point of view it doesn't matter).

Are you joking?

They hardly EVER update the web site. And when they do, they never post articles that explain new or existing game systems in detail.

Getting these details just about requires extensive investigative training.

Not having really done pvp since thankfully getting decent stuff doesn't require me to, I'm not sure how the rewarding system works obviously, but... I was under the impression that you allready had to put as much effort into each character if you wanted the best gear/rating/titles? So the only thing changing is how you go about doing it, rather than the fact you're doing it. Edited by Pscyon

Are you joking?

They hardly EVER update the web site. And when they do, they never post articles that explain new or existing game systems in detail.

Getting these details just about requires extensive investigative training.

Who is invested enough in the game to care about end game gearing, they are usually investing the time to come to the forums to read about it and educate themselves.

If they don't, it means they were not at all interested in endgame gearing in the first place.

Also, fyi: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20161017

Edited by Galahard

Sure, level 26 - no set gear item on a friend of mine. I am pretty sure that's too early to judge, right?

Tier 1 is Command Rank 1-89. Some logic would be gear in the middle and gear with bonus closer to the end

Oh sorry, I thought you guys meant reaching Command Rank 300 without leveling your alts.

Else if not already possible, easiest thing is adding a 10-15% boost to CXP when reaching Command Rank 300 on your main!?

That would be one way to help. But yeah, I would never suggest being able to level command rank at, say, level 1. I just think if you're playing more than one level 70 toon (or playing upwards of 10-20 as some of us are... well, will be once we've gotten them up to 70 from 65) it becomes important that your progress on each character means something toward your overall end-game progression. Which is something the legacy system does well.

Edited by Rolodome

That would be one way to help. But yeah, I would never suggest being able to level command rank at, say, level 1. I just think if you're playing more than one level 70 toon (or playing upwards of 10-20 as some of us are... well, will be once we've gotten them up to 70 from 65) it becomes important that your progress on each character means something toward your overall end-game progression. Which is something the legacy system does well.

C'mon, there's no progression in randomness. I have 3 set gear item, 2 of them the same(YAY!!!!), a friend of mine with the same level has none. Where's the progression in this? There's none because there's no insurance policy. OK, trhewy said on the stream that they will monitor the situation... really? Is this testing?! They mentioned how good QA team they have. How could this QA miss assassin being bugged into oblivion?

Anyway, people rage about achievements for few days, they listen. People rage about RNG for weeks, they ignore it. What was I expecting anywa? :D

C'mon, there's no progression in randomness. I have 3 set gear item, 2 of them the same(YAY!!!!), a friend of mine with the same level has none. Where's the progression in this? There's none because there's no insurance policy. OK, trhewy said on the stream that they will monitor the situation... really? Is this testing?! They mentioned how good QA team they have. How could this QA miss assassin being bugged into oblivion?

Anyway, people rage about achievements for few days, they listen. People rage about RNG for weeks, they ignore it. What was I expecting anywa? :D

Oh, it's pretty bad. I don't want or like the RNG either. I tolerate RNG in cosmetics, but I abhor it in the way it was implemented for actual power gear, with no alternative path.