Why to not play republic

Labradoraki

Because in warzones they ingnore everything and just give mvp to healers, go empire that rewards skill and not who hides behind and spams heals...

If there is a healer who gets 3-4 badges and a dps that gets 7-8 badges I will always give the vote to the healer because the badge system doesn't grant healers as much valor so they need the votes more.

I vote for healers and I am not ashamed about it. Especially since raw damage means nothing. The damage dealers could be that idiot that follows people away from the door/turret control. At least with healers you know that they are team players.

Because in warzones they ingnore everything and just give mvp to healers, go empire that rewards skill and not who hides behind and spams heals...

It's obviously because skill means to tunnelvision your way throughout the whole match, of course.

"Hurr durr I haz imba damage! MVP me even though we lost and I spent the whole time milling about away from the objectives like a drone!"

I mean... Capping? Defending? What's that?

Edited by Yojiro

Healer's don't get enough credit.

Skill? based on what? Medals? Damage done? Nice one.

Pretty much this. Dedicated healers get the fewest medals, yet are vital to success. Healing is the most thankless and stressful occupation, at least in PuG PvP. If the enemy team has half a brain, they'll mark you and focusfire you as soon as they see you, and it's very rare when you get a tank to guard you, or DPS\CC assists to peel enemies off you. So, when I PuG as a tank, I give my MVP vote to a healer who was with me in the thick of it.

Naturally, it's quite different in premades.

Damage done\killing blows isn't skill. I got very high on those scores as a lowbie Sniper just by bursting down wounded players and tossing around explosives. Was I contributing to the team? Naturally. Was I more useful than a dedicated healer in the thick of the fight? I doubt it.

Edited by Helig

The above is also why "I" give it to the healer as well.

I have a Guardian and a Commando that I routinely run with. While I get more medals with my JG than my Commando, I rarely get any thanks or support as a healer. Everyone "wants" me to heal them so they can stay in the thick of the fight but almost "no one" comes to my aid when I get gang jumped once I start healing. They are off trying to get the highest medal count to boost their valor.

So from a healer to you, you're just being selfish wanting the class that gets the fewest medals to be passed over in favor of you because you DPS.

And if there are two healers or more in a game I give it to the healer with the highest heal count unless I know for a fact one of the others did better healing but just was targeted to often to to be useful. Them I give it too because of the battle scars :D

im mostly on top of the chart after bg's. no matter what i tell people to mvp our healers. they get less medals than any other spec. mvp is the only way to balance it out.

everyone and their grandma are using frozen water to get 2 heal-medals. as long as healers dont have a decent way to get 9+ medals they should receive all the mvp votes.

well no suprise most of u are republic since you cant win alone and need healers thus think are important while empire supports truly skilled warriors that dont cry cuz they know how to play and dont need healers

Too obvious. 4\10.

well no suprise most of u are republic since you cant win alone and need healers thus think are important while empire supports truly skilled warriors that dont cry cuz they know how to play and dont need healers

thiz iz tru al skiled playerz go umpier and john togethur to bi strung!

i know who im never ganna heal in a WZ

Meh. Big impression -> healing -> guildies.

But even so it is my vote and I'll vote the worst player if I want to. If it is false sense of accomplishment you want go "resque" stray cats off the street or something.

Edited by Eager

I'll always vote for any tank who scores a decent amount of protection (not the ones who just do enough for their medals). At the end of the day, they're sacrificing their health to do it.

If there aren't any, then yeah - healers - simply because a dedicated healer just doesn't earn many medals.

Ofc if I see someone impress by their actions ingame (ie capping/defending objectives well) then they get the vote - but my memory for names is so bad I can never remember who they are so just go by scoreboard...

Don't ever see any reason not to vote - it's only hurting your faction.

I play a tank. Without heals, I can't do my job. There's not enough healers on my server, so I will allways give them an MVP. I'm certainly not giving it to one of the bazillion pre-madona DPSers who seem to think that they will be the chosen one. :rolleyes: