Surge nerf made pvp 100% better!

Deezlar

I was dubious as to how this nerf would affect things, but I must say its made the game so much better for pvp!!

No more instagibbing and fights actually require skill to win instead of gear that stacks the mother of all stats.

First change that has been positive.

More to come I hope!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was dubious as to how this nerf would affect things, but I must say its made the game so much better for pvp!!

No more instagibbing and fights actually require skill to win instead of gear that stacks the mother of all stats.

First change that has been positive.

More to come I hope!

As a healer, I still am hoping this makes healers less tanky and more supporty

The change is going to "feel" awesome for some classes, and complete suck for others. It's all about perspective.

Better? Yeah...totally depends on where you're standing. Definitely different, it's got that.

How would you know? You leave warzones early...

I really don't know how this is going to work out. I'm slightly dubious of is as a Carnage Marauder, because the attack my entire build is based around lives on high surge.

Idk, we'll see how many feathers my Fus Ro Dah ruffles tonight.

But considering Bioware's track record so far? I'm not optimistic.

Translation: I used to suck at PvP but now I can stay alive a bit longer. Sometimes. if my team is facerolling the opponent.

Or, I meant what I said, and your translation is a load of old cobblers.

I did fine in PVP before. I said that PVP has improved, not that its been a good patch for ME particularly.

Healers stay alive longer meaning kills become far more tactical as you cannot rely on a shadow or operative being able to tear down a healer in 4 seconds, and classes that are quite squishy have a chance vs some of the more burst oriented classes.

Also its a VERY welcome kick in the plums to all the people that sploited BM early on and spent all their hard "earned" points ripping out surge mods.

I really don't know how this is going to work out. I'm slightly dubious of is as a Carnage Marauder, because the attack my entire build is based around lives on high surge.

Idk, we'll see how many feathers my Fus Ro Dah ruffles tonight.

But considering Bioware's track record so far? I'm not optimistic.

Both Sentinel/Marauders specs were dependent on surge. Combat damage came mainly from the Blade Storm autocrits (nerfed) and Watchman damage was dependent on burn crit ticks (nerfed).

We'll see how bad things are....

The fact I went from 89.8 percent surge to 77.4 surge is horse **** people who had 78 are now like 74% hit me so hard as a BH i still get my 5k crits but it just pisses me off its almost impossible to drop surge when itemization is so piss poor and i'm sure as hell not taking accuaracy/anything enhancements -__-

The fact I went from 89.8 percent surge to 77.4 surge is horse **** people who had 78 are now like 74% hit me so hard as a BH i still get my 5k crits but it just pisses me off its almost impossible to drop surge when itemization is so piss poor and i'm sure as hell not taking accuaracy/anything enhancements -__-

Says the missile spammer

Says the missile spammer

I see this in his sig:

Gravypants lvl 50 Powertech

I'm either too dumb to grasp this or was it a joke ? Didn't know Powertech were tracer missile spammer :rolleyes:

Reading comprehension 101 is this way : ->

Edited by Eltohan

I lost like 10% surge... .

As a Pyro/Merc i doubt ill see the 5k dmg medal anymore because thermal det was only *barely* able to crit that high, and that was rare.. so its like 1 medal lost every 10 matches for me...no big deal really.

Still seeing 300k medal nearly every match , just did a 520k voidstar....so havnt lost a ton of damage, just a little off the spike damage

Edited by blackadda

I ripped out all my surge/ crits and replaced them with power/crit/end/shield rating, and noticed little to no drop in my crits, stronger base attacks and a defence boost, which was well needed because im a madness assassin with 615 expertise and was still gettin hit like crazy.

I ripped out all my surge/ crits and replaced them with power/crit/end/shield rating, and noticed little to no drop in my crits, stronger base attacks and a defence boost, which was well needed because im a madness assassin with 615 expertise and was still gettin hit like crazy.

ill be getting power mods myself. no point using crit, if your surge sucks now

Translation: I used to suck at PvP but now I can stay alive a bit longer. Sometimes. if my team is facerolling the opponent.

Translation: I have no skills and my gear crutch just got lessened. I don't think I beat baddies anymore despite the fact I'm BM r65...I fail :(