Premature Evacuation

Zeddoc

We need a penalty when leaving a Warzone early.

People leave when its apparent that they are going to have to work for there win or if the likely hood of a win is minimal. I get that you dont want to loose but its part of the game my friends. And as long as we cant que up with 8 man there will always be a possibility of less experienced/geared people on your team. But demoralizing those by leaving early does nobody any good. And it wont get them the gear/experience they need to have a better shot at a win.

On top of this is the fact that those waiting to join a warzone and finally get a pop get to join a loosing warzone. Not really friendly to the other people you play with on the server.

Seeing as by nature a certain group of people, and i am talking about alfa males that dont like to loose, will never adhere to these pleas. I would like to ask Bioware to make it less attractive to leave a warzone. By for example giving them a debuff for 30 min that halves your stats, takes away the expertise bonus, or wont let you que up for warzones.

"we need a penalty for WZ leavers"-threads-per-second are at a constant 100tps.

You will get your penalty for leavers, and then you'll find all of those players, who before used to leave, AFK-ing. They will find a spot to hide, stay in stealth if they can or "guard" a single captured turret.

Those who refuse to play, won't play.

What makes me laugh is when those people cite the grind to get to Battlemaster as one of their primary incentives for quitting a losing game when it's far more valor per hour to just go into team deathmatch mode and ride it out until the end.

The main issue I can see is with Battlemasters who, unless they're like me and want to get to Rank 100 someday, have no incentive to do anything but their daily/weekly wins. If each Warzone added even a 0.5% chance to drop a Battlemaster bag for anyone of rank, they'd probably stay.

I still agree with a deserter debuff personally, but I'm just trying to think of alternatives as well :)

"we need a penalty for WZ leavers"-threads-per-second are at a constant 100tps.

You will get your penalty for leavers, and then you'll find all of those players, who before used to leave, AFK-ing. They will find a spot to hide, stay in stealth if they can or "guard" a single captured turret.

Those who refuse to play, won't play.

Agreed - on both points.

Either a "report player AFK" or the auto-kick timer being for time spent out of combat / scoring zero objective points or something would work. I'd hesitate to add "vote to kick" simply because of the possibility for abuse when a premade decides to kick Johnny Newfifty for not having any PvP gear.

But yes, a way of dealing with AFK players would also be needed as much a the deserter timer.