Medals for objectives ?

DariuszPol

Seriously, what's with all that medals ? If you do nothing and fight like idiot whole warzone you score 8-11 medals (easy). I often (operative) played voidstar and win whole match. I was able to single handed capture and defend doors while whole team was playing with enemy away from the doors (noobs in enemy team - they ignored stealth and ignored doors).

And yet I was able to score only 3 medals (whole round happen too fast to score for kills and stuff). 1 for objective points. 1 for 1vs1 fight. 1 for killing blow on some half dead enemy that was comming to doors I just armed.

Seriously - what idiot decide to favor mindless fight in team based warzone over objectives ? :| This way everyone else score 8-11 medals why I end up with 3.

Not only that.

1. I had worst DMG in the WZ - I did kill only 2 guys so it's OK

2. I had worst HEALING in WZ - I'm not healer so it's OK

3. But I was SECOND FROM THE BOTTOM, ALMOST LAST in OBJECTIVE POINTS while I captured ALL OBJECTIVES.

4. I didn't get too much valor / exp / credits / comms.

Seriously - *** with that Voidstar ? Yesterday I decide to not give a f*** and I was just fighting. Almost top in dmg, almost top in objectives (probalbly because I killed few people near that doors) and 11 medals. We lost anyway but I set my record in XP, WZ comms and CREDITS in WZ.

It's like doing objectives in WZ is not worth all efforts. I decide to play like others and leave all that objectives to others since there is no reward for them. And more to that - by doing mindless killing around map 4 people mark me as MVP. Only 0-1 people marked me like that when I was capturing all objectives before.

I do only PVP in this game and few people already told me that I'm very good at it. Some ask me if I will create full PVP guild in near future (my agent is still below lvl 50 and I'm done with BH since he is just 1-button hero). But yesterday after scoring high while doing nothing about objectives I decide that if I want to lvl up to valor 60 and lvl 50 faster via warzones I must ignore all objectives.

And I will do it. Game don't favor people doing stuff in ANY WAY. Fighting > Objectives.

Edited by DariuszPol

There should be more medals for objectives, scoring in huttball should give one, if you score all 6 points there should be another one.

Planting bombs in voidstar should give 1, bonus if you plant on all doors, same goes for civil war, cap the turret and get a medal, defend the turret and get more medals other then the lame guardian one.

To much focus on deathmatch style play in an objective based game :(

Healers should get more medals too, to encourage healers to actually heal others then themselves..

if i remember correctly they said a whiles back they were going to add more objective based medals specificaly on hutball, as of yet i aint seen **** but mabey soon.

my one concern is adding too many medals, you add enought and people can be geting double medals then before making the ranking system much faster, as a BM i selfishly do not want this to happen.

There should be more medals for objectives, scoring in huttball should give one, if you score all 6 points there should be another one.

Planting bombs in voidstar should give 1, bonus if you plant on all doors, same goes for civil war, cap the turret and get a medal, defend the turret and get more medals other then the lame guardian one.

To much focus on deathmatch style play in an objective based game :(

Healers should get more medals too, to encourage healers to actually heal others then themselves..

Exacly my point. Current system favor ones that do killing and nothing more while objectives should be priority. It's kinda nice in some way because my agent is most of the time ignored and I can capture all objectives in voidstar in 1 run (2 - 4 min needed for all) but it's not fun after I see scoreboard when I'm at the far bottom in every way. Even objectives while I was the one who capture them all (voidstar again).

In hutball I carried 3 out of 6 balls to finish line and my friend carried other 3. Yet we didn't have highest objective score.

It's stupid in my humble opinion. I focused on killing and I score high again and it will stay that way until system will change. I even do small trick with killing. I'm trying to only damage all enemies I see because in WZ stupid kill / death system give stupid result.

Mostly because if someone kill player that you damaged you get kills. It's not based on who did most damage to a player but on who damage him. So it's normal when everyone have 20-50 kills while 0-20 deaths :p And I'm talking about everyone. I never saw a player that had more deaths than kills in WZ :-D

All of these encourage bad play. True, it could be argued that the current medals also encourage poor play (and I'd agree with you on some of them), but giving objective-based medals would lead to people not passing when near the goal line, all spamming the turret/bomb point rather than letting one cap and CCing/distracting incoming enemies and so on.

I'd sooner they were in-line with the Defender medals as these reward good play (stay and defend a node rather than leave it empty, attack the ball carrier or those Guarding/healing him). The Defender medals system could definitely be tweaked/bolstered and the Objectives score at the end definitely needs looking at and fixing so it reflects actual objective-based play, but rewarding someone for scoring 3 goals or for planting 2 bombs or whatever will just encourage selfish play and make the situation worse in my opinion.

Edited by Mertissielle

if i remember correctly they said a whiles back they were going to add more objective based medals specificaly on hutball, as of yet i aint seen **** but mabey soon.

my one concern is adding too many medals, you add enought and people can be geting double medals then before making the ranking system much faster, as a BM i selfishly do not want this to happen.

And because I want to get to valor 60 faster I decided to ignore objectives and just kill. How many people did the same ? It's stupid to give people reward in GAME for not PLAYING IT.

And because I want to get to valor 60 faster I decided to ignore objectives and just kill. How many people did the same ? It's stupid to give people reward in GAME for not PLAYING IT.

To be fair "getting lots of medals" and "helping with objectives" are not mutually exclusive. I usually play to the objective because I usually only have time to come on and do my daily quests, yet I still average 5-7 medals per game (as Marauder, so no Guard medals, no healing medals, no SFW). Maybe a couple more on Alderaan due to the comparitive ease of getting Defender medals.

While medal farming (especially seeking a 1v1 medal to the exclusion of all else) does happen, it does not necessarily follow that more medals = poor objective play. Good players tend to get medals just as a matter of course from playing well and I don't even consider myself particularly good - maybe upper average I guess.

To be fair "getting lots of medals" and "helping with objectives" are not mutually exclusive. I usually play to the objective because I usually only have time to come on and do my daily quests, yet I still average 5-7 medals per game (as Marauder, so no Guard medals, no healing medals, no SFW). Maybe a couple more on Alderaan due to the comparitive ease of getting Defender medals.

While medal farming (especially seeking a 1v1 medal to the exclusion of all else) does happen, it does not necessarily follow that more medals = poor objective play. Good players tend to get medals just as a matter of course from playing well and I don't even consider myself particularly good - maybe upper average I guess.

I don't have problem with medals on Alderan and Hutball because all of them favor killing. Most of my time I kill ball carrier, go in stealth, follow enemy group just to stun carrier over fire and stuff like that. I always get medals for:

~ killing blow

~ 1vs1

~ 10 kills

~ 25 kills

~ 75k damage

~ healing 2,5k

~ and 5k (easy)

etc...

But on Voidstar it is kind of problem because It's just too fast. My typical voidstar is:

1. localize idiot guarding door

2. decloak behind idiot and arm door

3. go to cloak and defend

4. vanish and go arm bridge

5. cross bridge and arm doors near inactive bridge (since enemy team usualy focus on bridge and don't split)

6. defend and when it blow up - vanish

7. arm LAST force field and count that enemies will ignore that

8. go for doors oposide to forcefields (they often ignore that last forcefield or don't notice it and focus on my team and doors near inactive forcefield while I arm second doors

9. go for computer

There are matches when I don't have any points for killing and healing just because in fast run I was able to capture all objectives while being totaly ignored by enemy.

I did score nice when defending but it still was at most half of what my teammates score.

That is why I decide to leave objectives to my team mates (who usualy don't give a f*** about them) and just do killing.

THat's why I stoped playing WZ as a healer. In DPS spec I can get 8-10 medals easyly.

Healing ones included.

I personaly think that objective points should be fixed a little because it's impossible that idiot who fight not even NEAR doors got more objective points than me who got all doors, forcefields, and final objective. And then add medals for objectives.